State of Cowboys Union?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,167

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#1281 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:35 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I don't disagree really, but I do believe that a large part of winning games, especially in the NFL, is just flat out of the control of anyone.

And I am very much reminded of that watching the Dallas Mavericks in their current playoff series.

Mavs got blown out by the Clippers in Game 1. That game was Cowboys vs Packers for them. Everyone on the team just fell flat. But in the NBA they get a 7 game series and now the series is tied 2-2. Maybe this would be the same if the Cowboys got 7 games vs the Packers.

We always have to point our finger at someone. We like to blame, it makes us feel better to act like we know the "problem". But sometimes the problem is as simple as "it just wasn't our day".

Better comparison for me is the Stars. Losing the first two at home in the manner they did… very similar to that first half against Green Bay. And to your point - maybe if the Cowboys & Packers played 3 times instead of one, the results would have be different. But that’s not how it works. And if the Stars don’t grab a win in Vegas tonight and go down 3-1, the “this team wasn’t ready" finger pointing is gonna begin in earnest. Just as it did back in January.

Stars got an unlucky matchup TBH, they are playing a #1 seed who is only #8 because of injuries. Now they are healthy going into the playoffs.

That is like the Chiefs sneaking into the playoffs as a WildCard because Mahomes and Kelce were injured all year. And healthy come playoff time.

The Mavs on the other hand just had an "off night" .
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,496

Post#1282 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:25 pm

I think it's safe to say that Bjj is taking this news pretty hard. Still no comment.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,167

Post#1283 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:21 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:I think it's safe to say that Bjj is taking this news pretty hard. Still no comment.

bjj after seeing the news

Return to Dallas Cowboys