Weekly Game Threads !

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,171

Re: Weekly Game Threads ! 

Post#401 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:01 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I think one thing that goes unnoticed in many of our loses this year is the lack of a run game. We give up on the run too fast.

Where was Pollard this game?

Dallas HAS to keep defenses honest with a run threat. When they remove that threat they can tee off on Dak and hyper focus on our WRs.

No one talks about this in our losses. We live and die by the run.

Yea the run game disappeared throughout the season and really did contribute to Dak’s poor performances. I think we all know and realize that Dak is no Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. He’s not able to go out and win the game by himself when everything is crashing down around him. He NEEDS a good run game and NEEDS his WR’s to get open.

That’s been the gripe around here the last couple of years as Zeke has declined. They really do need to find another young RB this off season. I’m not sure why Pollard wasn’t in the game more other than MM and Kellen Moore wanted the give the ball to Zeke. I guarantee you Jerry and Stephen are wondering the same thing.

This one definitely hits hard.

Yes and having a healthy run threat eats up clock and keeps the other offense off the field which is essentially what the 9ers did to us last night. They had 169 rushing yards. We needed to get Pollard going, we needed their LBs to focus on our RBs and not our WRs. Not having that threat is too much to overcome.

I do think next season Zeke needs to take a back seat to Pollard. That needs to happen.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,498

Post#402 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:06 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I think one thing that goes unnoticed in many of our loses this year is the lack of a run game. We give up on the run too fast.

Dallas HAS to keep defenses honest with a run threat. When they remove that threat they can tee off on Dak and hyper focus on our WRs.

Yea the run game disappeared throughout the season and really did contribute to Dak’s poor performances. I think we all know and realize that Dak is no Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. He’s not able to go out and win the game by himself when everything is crashing down around him. He NEEDS a good run game and NEEDS his WR’s to get open.

That’s been the gripe around here the last couple of years as Zeke has declined. They really do need to find another young RB this off season. I’m not sure why Pollard wasn’t in the game more other than MM and Kellen Moore wanted the give the ball to Zeke. I guarantee you Jerry and Stephen are wondering the same thing.

Reading through the last few responses, I figured I should say something. But you're absolutely right.

For much of that game I felt like I was watching Wilson & the Hawks offense for most of this season. Why is that? Because prior to the last month of the season, they had no running game. Wilson looked like **** without it. He played like a bottom tier QB. I see so many similarities between Dak & how he has played recently & Wilson. When they both have the threat of a running game to lean on & they're in rhythm, then everything seems to click. But consistency is a big issue without it.

The last 5 games of the season they we're able to run the ball efficiently. That was mostly due to a healthy Rashaad Penny. Wilson played much better with him in the lineup.

Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,135

Post#403 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:10 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Reading through the last few responses, I figured I should say something. But you're absolutely right. For much of that game I felt like I was watching Wilson & the Hawks offense for most of this season. Why is that? Because prior to the last month of the season, they had no running game. Wilson looked like **** without it. He played like a bottom tier QB. I see so many similarities between Dak & how he has played recently & Wilson. When they both have the threat of a running game to lean on & they're in rhythm, then everything seems to click. But consistency is a big issue without it.

The last 5 games of the season they we're able to run the ball efficiently. That was mostly due to a healthy Rashaad Penny. Wilson played much better with him in the lineup.

And if you look at the Cowboys last few games when they played bad teams that couldn’t stop the run the Cowboys pretty much blew those teams out. Whenever they faced a good team that can stop the run though the Cowboys fell on their ass.

They’re already paying Dak so he isn’t going anywhere. Zeke will have to be in Dallas for at least 1 more season because of his contract but that doesn’t mean he should be starting. Pollard is clearly the better RB between the two. My concern with Pollard is that he’s never been a lead back ever in his life. The Jones’ and Will McClay have a lot of work to do to fix this run game. I believe they need another young stud RB (middle rounds pick) and they definitely need a new center and LG (at least).

On the bright side the salary cap is still expected to make two huge jumps over the next 2 off seasons. Pre-covid the jump was expected to be about $50M each season. I saw someone say recently though that it’s now projected to be about $25M each season which is still a huge increase. I know they’re not big on signing other teams free agents anymore but they would be doing themselves a huge favor by going out in FA and signing the best interior OL available.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#404 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:26 pm

I wish they would have heard my calls last year. I wanted to start Pollard early last year over Elliot and said he was the better back. I saw this coming. Partying Junkies never work out. His body is breaking down faster than most RB's because he does not take good care of his body or mind. His brain is half fried due to the molly.
Plus Elliot got hurt and banged up in this game and Pollard only got 6 touched. How pitiful.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#405 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:32 pm

I posted on the General Forum 3 years ago that we might be witnessing the best QB of all time in Patrick Mahomes. After his performance vs. the Bills Sunday night, I haven't changed my mind at all.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,135

Post#406 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:08 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I posted on the General Forum 3 years ago that we might be witnessing the best QB of all time in Patrick Mahomes. After his performance vs. the Bills Sunday night, I haven't changed my mind at all.

Less than 13 seconds, that was pretty insane. Josh Allen played great too, Mahomes just played better.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#407 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:30 pm

What is even more insane is Mahomes went 44 yards in 14 seconds and Dak couldn't do one play in 13.

Return to Dallas Cowboys