ImageImageImageImage

2022 Cowboys Draft

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,171

Re: 2022 Cowboys Draft 

Post#101 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:22 pm

Half the mocks I see have us taking Zion Johnson and that guys highlights look good to me. It's hard for fans at home to scout linemen, it's not like many of us watch Boston College games and even if we did we wouldn't hyper focus on the guard position. All we have are highlight reels and the combine. We mostly just have to trust that the real scouts know wtf they are doing.

I see Kenyon Greens name mentioned, and Tyler Linderbaum who is a center. We need a tackle too now that Collins is gone.

Honestly we could probably draft OL in round 1 and round 2 and I'd be fine with it. We need depth there badly. And the studs we have currently, Smith and Martin, seem constantly injured. I'm convinced Smith doesn't have much time left.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,498

Post#102 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:42 pm

If the Cowboys land Zion it's a homerun.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#103 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:57 pm

I'm sure this will cause some debate but I am willing to move up for a stud impact OL. I don't want to address this issue again next year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#104 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:01 pm

I want Ekwonu so bad I can hardly breathe.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#105 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:10 pm

Good breakdown of Zion.

This guy thinks very highly of Zion and even thinks that if Zion were put at tackle we would be the 3rd or 4th best tackle in the draft.

Which seems like something the Cowboys could use if Smith went down. An elite guard who can also step in and play tackle if asked to.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#106 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:14 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:

Good breakdown of Zion.

This guy thinks very highly of Zion and even thinks that if Zion were put at tackle we would be the 3rd or 4th best tackle in the draft.

Which seems like something the Cowboys could use if Smith went down. An elite guard who can also step in and play tackle if asked to.

Being from Boston college I hear about him quite a bit. Patriots are very high on him. They went to Boston College pro day instead of the NFL combine just to see this kid. Patriots claim they would take him if he fell to them so I'm not sure he will fall to us.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,135

Post#107 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:15 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm sure this will cause some debate but I am willing to move up for a stud impact OL. I don't want to address this issue again next year.

There have been all kinds of rumors about the Cowboys wanting to trade up. I’ve heard they have interest in WR Drake London, but I’ve also heard that the guy they really want is LT Charles Cross.

I also read yesterday that the Cowboys are real high on LT Tyler Smith from Tulsa who’s projected as a 2nd round pick. Landing Zion Johnson at 24 and the. Trading up in round 2 for Tyler Smith or Linderbaum would be my dream scenario.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#108 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:16 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

Good breakdown of Zion.

Being from Boston college I hear about him quite a bit. Patriots are very high on him. They went to Boston College pro day instead of the NFL combine just to see this kid. Patriots claim they would take him if he fell to them so I'm not sure he will fall to us.

Yea New England is high on Devin Lloyd too. They can only draft one of them though.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#109 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:17 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm sure this will cause some debate but I am willing to move up for a stud impact OL. I don't want to address this issue again next year.

There have been all kinds of rumors about the Cowboys wanting to trade up. I’ve heard they have interest in WR Drake London, but I’ve also heard that the guy they really want is LT Charles Cross.

I also read yesterday that the Cowboys are real high on LT Tyler Smith from Tulsa who’s projected as a 2nd round pick. Landing Zion Johnson at 24 and the. Trading up in round 2 for Tyler Smith or Linderbaum would be my dream scenario.

After Ekwonu, I love Cross as the next best O-lineman. And I know you don't agree with me but I think its worth it to move up to get one of those guys.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#110 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:19 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

After Ekwonu, I love Cross as the next best O-lineman. And I know you don't agree with me but I think its worth it to move up to get one of those guys.

I would prefer to stay at 24 but if the Cowboys traded up for either of those two I would not be upset at all. Either one of those guys is a guy you can plug in at LT for the next 10 years.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#111 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:20 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

Good breakdown of Zion.

Yea New England is high on Devin Lloyd too. They can only draft one of them though.

I'm wicked high on Lloyd. Love the kid. If we were not so desperate for an O-lineman I would draft him. Hey Mr. B, your starting to come around. I was getting worried about you the past couple of weeks. :wink:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#112 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:21 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:After Ekwonu, I love Cross as the next best O-lineman. And I know you don't agree with me but I think its worth it to move up to get one of those guys.

Cross goes to Carolina at 6.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#113 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:23 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:After Ekwonu, I love Cross as the next best O-lineman. And I know you don't agree with me but I think its worth it to move up to get one of those guys.

And Carolina has also said 3 or 4 times in the past week they are willing to trade down. This is where I would make a move if I have the say in the Cowboy war room.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#114 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:28 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Being from Boston college I hear about him quite a bit. Patriots are very high on him. They went to Boston College pro day instead of the NFL combine just to see this kid. Patriots claim they would take him if he fell to them so I'm not sure he will fall to us.

I'm wicked high on Lloyd. Love the kid. If we were not so desperate for an O-lineman I would draft him. Hey Mr. B, your starting to come around. I was getting worried about you the past couple of weeks. :wink:

Lol, I try to look at every scenario when it comes to the draft. For example this draft is deep in OL and deep in WR. If all of the elite OL and WR are off the board it likely means that Devin Lloyd is sitting there for Dallas. I would also be perfectly fine with that pick and then finding the OL and WR in the middle rounds.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#115 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:30 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

If (I know it’s a big if) they pass on Cross though there’s a chance he falls to 10. If that happens I could see the Cowboys trading up for him.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#116 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:33 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

If (I know it’s a big if) they pass on Cross though there’s a chance he falls to 10. If that happens I could see the Cowboys trading up for him.

Idk...They seem to be pretty conservative with trading away picks. I'm a skeptic myself. :wink:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#117 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:34 pm

We should have found a way to retain Cedrick Wilson.

I hate that we have to think about WR.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#118 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:36 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Yea New England is high on Devin Lloyd too. They can only draft one of them though.

Lol, I try to look at every scenario when it comes to the draft. For example this draft is deep in OL and deep in WR. If all of the elite OL and WR are off the board it likely means that Devin Lloyd is sitting there for Dallas. I would also be perfectly fine with that pick and then finding the OL and WR in the middle rounds.

Yes, but we need to stop **** around and get an impact player. I only see 3 impact OL's and maybe 3 others that could be a big surprise. Don't you just want to get the OL out of the way with a sure thing so we don't have to come back again next year with the same issue? Like you said before, we have some holes to fill on our team. Lets address it now and get it out of the way. Look I love LLoyd just as much as you. As a matter of fact I have been talking with Jack endlessly the past month if we didn't need a damn O-lineman so bad I would love to move up and take Lloyd. He's a beast and I love his motor. I just can't see him falling to us in any scenario.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#119 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:39 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:We should have found a way to retain Cedrick Wilson.

I hate that we have to think about WR.

I couldn't agree with you more !!!! I loved Wilson and wanted to keep him. I was more than willing to go into next season with Wilson, Lamb, Gallup and Schultz. Find it so hard to believe Cowboys didn't think it was a good idea to pay him 7 million a year like Miami. When the Cowboys let Wilson go after Cooper, I was so pissed I couldn't eat or post in the forum for almost a week. That was one of the big blunders post season.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#120 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:51 pm

Fwiw I'm hearing Kenyon Green is the pick.

Return to Dallas Cowboys