Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,133

Re: 2022 Cowboys Draft 

Post#81 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:21 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:They’re not the only team interested. He has talent and is being projected as a top 10 pick and one of the best pass rushers in this draft.

Don't mind him. He's biased against Westcoast schools. If the Jets pass on him he could slide as far as 9. But he won't get past the Hawks.

I thought you were not interested in trading up Mr. B., especially for OL. Why would you want to trade up for a guy you don't mind? If we are to move up it has to be a home run, not this guy. We can do much better than that. My GOD.

I’m not interested in trading up, at least not from 24. I was just sharing a rumor that I saw. Also just saying that Thibodeaux is a good player in spite of where he went to school.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,496

Post#82 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:56 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM

Post#83 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:40 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

I will say this about Stephen, I get a very bad feeling about him as the eventual owner/head man in charge. I get the feeling that Stephen is going to make every Cowboys fan wish they had Jerry back. I think he’s going to be that bad of an owner.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#84 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:52 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

I will say this about Stephen, I get a very bad feeling about him as the eventual owner/head man in charge. I get the feeling that Stephen is going to make every Cowboys fan wish they had Jerry back. I think he’s going to be that bad of an owner.

Jerry gets a ton of crap. His ego might get in the way. But I will say that he's very clever. Funny. I think fans will miss him when he passes on.

Stephen also mentioned that there are 14-16 first round caliber players this year. Which is telling. That sounds about right. So the rumors of them trading up would make sense. He also confirmed what I've been hearing. Which is that Rounds 3 & 4 are the sweet spot of this draft. Maybe they trade down from 24 & grab more picks in those rounds.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#85 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:35 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jerry gets a ton of crap. His ego might get in the way. But I will say that he's very clever. Funny. I think fans will miss him when he passes on.

Stephen also mentioned that there are 14-16 first round caliber players this year. Which is telling. That sounds about right. So the rumors of them trading up would make sense. He also confirmed what I've been hearing. Which is that Rounds 3 & 4 are the sweet spot of this draft. Maybe they trade down from 24 & grab more picks in those rounds.

Or they could use their first 2 picks to trade up, then use all those 5th round picks to trade up into the 3rd/4th round.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#86 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:51 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

I won't be one of those Cowboy fans that will miss Jerry when he is gone. And I will never forgive him for 26 years of hell. Personally I hope he suffers.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#87 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:33 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:I will say this about Stephen, I get a very bad feeling about him as the eventual owner/head man in charge. I get the feeling that Stephen is going to make every Cowboys fan wish they had Jerry back. I think he’s going to be that bad of an owner.

I won't be one of those Cowboy fans that will miss Jerry when he is gone. And I will never forgive him for 26 years of hell. Personally I hope he suffers.

Even if Stephen refuses to spend money and becomes the cheapest owner in the NFL (along with making bad personal moves)?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#88 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:40 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Jerry gets a ton of crap. His ego might get in the way. But I will say that he's very clever. Funny. I think fans will miss him when he passes on.

Even if Stephen refuses to spend money and becomes the cheapest owner in the NFL (along with making bad personal moves)?

Well Jerry has been all in and sending money like crazy for 26 years. Where has that gotten us? Seems like a 26 year rebuild.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#89 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:46 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Don't mind him. He's biased against Westcoast schools. If the Jets pass on him he could slide as far as 9. But he won't get past the Hawks.

I thought you were not interested in trading up Mr. B., especially for OL. Why would you want to trade up for a guy you don't mind? If we are to move up it has to be a home run, not this guy. We can do much better than that. My GOD.

I’m not interested in trading up, at least not from 24. I was just sharing a rumor that I saw. Also just saying that Thibodeaux is a good player in spite of where he went to school.

So what do you think we should do? Stay put, trade up or trade back? And depending on which way they go, who are you targeting in those 3 separate scenario's? Its time for the Mr. B general manager picks with only 2 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wizard:
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,169

Post#90 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:06 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:I will say this about Stephen, I get a very bad feeling about him as the eventual owner/head man in charge. I get the feeling that Stephen is going to make every Cowboys fan wish they had Jerry back. I think he’s going to be that bad of an owner.

You hope he suffers? God lord I hope that's in jest.

Have you looked around at some of the owners in this league? Jerry isn't prefect but he is definitely one of the better owners in the league.

Dallas is lucky to have had Jerry and without him the franchise would likely have less rings, and with 100% certainty the franchise would be less popular and valued less. It is very unlikely that anyone else would have bested Jerry's 3 rings.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#91 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:09 pm

Honestly though if you wish for any human to suffer over this game then you take it far too seriously and need another hobby outside of being a football fan.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#92 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:25 pm

Bluejerseyjinx is off base. Jerry is a good owner. He pokes fun at Dan Snyder & the WFT. But he could just of easily have bought the Cowboys back in the day. Then you'd really be up a tree.

Heck, I would take Jerry over our current situation at the moment. Absentee ownership. Paul Allen was a great owner. But now that his sister is running things, the future here is very murky.

I would agree with Mr B. When Jerry passes things could get cloudy for the franchise going forward. Sometimes you don't realize what you have until it's gone.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#93 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:55 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Honestly though if you wish for any human to suffer over this game then you take it far too seriously and need another hobby outside of being a football fan.

I have many hobbies, thank you very much. I'm just not the type of Cowboy fan that wishes to give Jerry a tongue bath for only 3 rings and then 26 years of rebuilding which he has miserable failed at.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#94 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:25 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Bluejerseyjinx is off base. Jerry is a good owner. He pokes fun at Dan Snyder & the WFT. But he could just of easily have bought the Cowboys back in the day. Then you'd really be up a tree.

Heck, I would take Jerry over our current situation at the moment. Absentee ownership. Paul Allen was a great owner. But now that his sister is running things, the future here is very murky.

I would agree with Mr B. When Jerry passes things could get cloudy for the franchise going forward. Sometimes you don't realize what you have until it's gone.

I think when Jerry dies there will be a sudden sentiment with Cowboy fans of his legacy and what he brought to the franchise. Currently we have a large portion of fans who have been convinced that Jerry is the worst owner in all of sports but it is mind numbingly exaggerated and way off base. And if you want to critique Jerry that is absolutely fine with me, if you wish him a painful death then that is not a problem with Jerry that is problem with you.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#95 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:39 pm

No. The problem is you can't handle the way I feel. I don't lie about my feelings and I am no fraud. I've always hated Jerry since he bought the team it has only gotten worse over the years. I can't find it in my heart to credit him for anything and I make no bones about it. Time to leave it at that. We disagree on Jerry. Move on. This thread is about the 2022 Cowboys draft. Stop trolling me because we disagree about Jerry and give us your input on the draft. Believe it or not, Me and everyone are interested in your thoughts. And of course other matters. And just because we disagree on so many Cowboy issues doesn't mean yo have to stop posting in the forum or only show up once a month.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#96 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:28 pm

I'm not trolling you and being a Cowboys fan makes it impossible to ignore critique of Jerry Jones. The only reason I chimed in is the "I hope he suffers" bit. And you made the comment not me. If you weren't open to an opposing view then you shouldn't have thrown it out there in the first place.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#97 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:30 pm

Draft talk I really hope we go OL in first. Injuries on the line have proven to be disastrous for this offense and they always happen. Can't have enough depth on the line and it looks like there will a couple worthy picks when our turn comes.

After that we need WR and DB.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#98 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:14 am

Micah Prescott wrote:Draft talk I really hope we go OL in first. Injuries on the line have proven to be disastrous for this offense and they always happen. Can't have enough depth on the line and it looks like there will a couple worthy picks when our turn comes.

Completely agree. It’s time to reinvest and get the line back to what it was. LG is an absolute need and I don’t want to hear about FA’s. Tyron Smith needs help over there.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

2022 Cowboys Draft 

Post#99 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:27 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I thought you were not interested in trading up Mr. B., especially for OL. Why would you want to trade up for a guy you don't mind? If we are to move up it has to be a home run, not this guy. We can do much better than that. My GOD.

So what do you think we should do? Stay put, trade up or trade back? And depending on which way they go, who are you targeting in those 3 separate scenario's? Its time for the Mr. B general manager picks with only 2 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wizard:

Ok I got my GM hat on now. First this is the order I have as far as need is concerned. OL, WR, Edge, LB, DT. I prefer to stay at 24 and hope one of those OL fall to us. From the way it sounds all of the OL and WR will be gone by 24. At that point I’m probably looking at Nakobe Dean or Devin Lloyd. Either would be a great pick at 24. I have no plans to trade up but if I see one of those Guards or WR’s (Treylon Burks or Drake London) make it to 20 I’m now looking to trade up.

If I do not trade up from 24 and end up with Dean or Lloyd, I’m now looking to trade up from 2nd round to bottom of the 1st to draft Linderbaum. They have four 5th round picks and trading up from 2nd round to bottom of the 1st should be that expensive.

My ideal scenario would be for Zion Johnson to fall to 24. We draft him and then trade up from 2nd round to draft Linderbaum. They need to fix this OL. If they are going to pay Dak that much then they need to invest in his protection.

Those would be my first two picks.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#100 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:19 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Draft talk I really hope we go OL in first. Injuries on the line have proven to be disastrous for this offense and they always happen. Can't have enough depth on the line and it looks like there will a couple worthy picks when our turn comes.

Do you have an O-lineman that sticks out for you? I am in total agreement with you and everyone in here that we need to go OL. And I am willing to move up to get one of the top 3.

Return to Dallas Cowboys