ImageImageImageImage

Week 9 - Green bay Packers.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,135

Re: Week 9 - Green bay Packers. 

Post#121 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:26 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Number 1, Dak sucked and set the tone early in the game with his two INT"s. Mr. B. said neither was his fault. I say phucking bull sh.. to that. The one he threw to Lamb he was triple covered. Once again, bad decision and bad throw, no excuses. I'm so sick and tired of Cowboy posters and fans who defend Dak. In the past two years Dak is now 1-9 going against the top 10 QB's in the league. I guess that's what Mr. B and the rest of you signed up for. Oh, and after the fact that Dak and Cooper have played the same amount of games this year, guess which one has the higher QBR? And it gets even better. Now Dak is only 43% in 4th quarter and overtime completion percentage. Guess who is the only QB with a worse completion percentage? Tim Tebow.

CeeDee ran a really bad route. Dak shouldn’t have thrown that ball though so at least half of the fault is on Dak.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#122 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:29 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Number 2, I mentioned this 3 weeks ago when we played Detroit and got torched for over 235 yards in the running game and made it a concern. Last week we got torched for about 264 yards by the Bears this time as an issue. Now, for the third week in a row, we give up over another 215 yards to the Packers. I say its a major problem now.

The run defense has been their Achilles heel all season. What you should be concerned with is that they had Parsons playoffs by off ball for majority of the game to help stop the run and he was TERRIBLE. He’s saying guys we’re not staying in their gaps and that’s the reason they got gashed but he was out there too and was really bad against the run. He only had 10 snaps at DE.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#123 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:32 am

Micah Prescott wrote:The Lamb INT was a miscommunication on the route. Either Lamb ran the wrong route, or Dak threw the wrong route.

Could have been 100% on Dak.

I think the fact that Dak drove down the field and scored 3 TDs, giving us 28 points makes it hard for me to blame him.

We were up 28 to 14.

The offense mostly did their part.

The defense could not do theirs.

And McCarthy's call on 4th down in OT may have very well cost us a W.

Yea I didn’t understand why McCarthy didn’t take the points.

This game was a total **** and there’s enough blame to go around from the coaches, the WR’s, Dak, and especially the defense. If you have a 14 point lead going into the 4th there’s no way you should lose that game. Especially against the Packers.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#124 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:39 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Pretty much what I expected. Aaron Freaking Rodgers.

So tell me Mr. B., What did you think of Dan Quinn's decision to make an adjustment taking Parsons off the line and edge and keeping him at MLB for the passing game? :confused: :dontknow: :jawdrop:

I understand what he was trying to do considering Rodgers had only thrown 10 passes by halftime. He wanted his best player to help stop the run. The problem is (and what should worry you and every Cowboys fan) is that Parsons was TERRIBLE at it. He put blame on his teammates for “freelancing” and not staying in their gaps but Parsons was a non-factor in the game. Like you’ve been saying I think they need a stud DT. The fact that they traded for Hankins makes me think DT might finally be a priority in the draft. Keep in mind though, there has to be a stud DT available when they pick. You don’t want to reach for a guy just because he plays DT. That’s how you end up with Taco Charlton.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#125 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:41 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:But if Dak doesn't have 2 int's, then the score is 38-0 or 42-0. That's probably game over vs. Aaron Rodgers.

Yeah and if Dak threw 34 TD passes yesterday it would have 238-0

He got us to up 14 in the 4th, at some point you have to look at people not named Dak Prescott, because he mostly did his part.

Yeah, and if he didn't have so many turnovers and INT's in big games and playoff games we go to the Super bowl all the time like Staubach and Montana. EVER WONDER WHY DAK WAS A 4TH ROUND DRAFT CHOICE the year we drafted him?

Finding a good QB is a really hard thing to do. Carson Wentz looks the part and was a top 5 pick and he sucksass.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#126 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:42 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:A ray of hope within the division... we aren't the only defense emulating a sieve. And they have Fletcher Cox @ $14M doing nothing.

Read on Twitter

The Eagles are frauds. They’ve built their record on beating last place or injured teams (outside of Minn in week 2).
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#127 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:31 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:A ray of hope within the division... we aren't the only defense emulating a sieve. And they have Fletcher Cox @ $14M doing nothing.

Read on Twitter

The Eagles are frauds. They’ve built their record on beating last place or injured teams (outside of Minn in week 2).

Well, I wouldn't say they are frauds but they definitely have the same issues against the run as we do with some stiff competition upcoming in that they have Jonathan Taylor, Aaron Jones, Derrick Henry and Saquon Barkley in their next 4 games. So we'll see where they (and we) are come Christmas.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,171

Post#128 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:41 pm

I do not think the Eagles are frauds. If anyone in our division is a fraud I think it is the Giants.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#129 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:59 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I do not think the Eagles are frauds. If anyone in our division is a fraud I think it is the Giants.

I think the Giants coaching is the reason they are where they are, that and a soft schedule. I’d put them in the Eagles both in the fraud category. Neither team has been tested.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#130 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:13 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Number 2, I mentioned this 3 weeks ago when we played Detroit and got torched for over 235 yards in the running game and made it a concern. Last week we got torched for about 264 yards by the Bears this time as an issue. Now, for the third week in a row, we give up over another 215 yards to the Packers. I say its a major problem now.

The run defense has been their Achilles heel all season. What you should be concerned with is that they had Parsons playoffs by off ball for majority of the game to help stop the run and he was TERRIBLE. He’s saying guys we’re not staying in their gaps and that’s the reason they got gashed but he was out there too and was really bad against the run. He only had 10 snaps at DE.

At that point of the game I say the hell with it. Were are getting gashed for the 3ird week in a row. Put 8 in the box and take our chances with our DB's going one on one with their weak WR's.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#131 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:16 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Yeah and if Dak threw 34 TD passes yesterday it would have 238-0

He got us to up 14 in the 4th, at some point you have to look at people not named Dak Prescott, because he mostly did his part.

Yeah, and if he didn't have so many turnovers and INT's in big games and playoff games we go to the Super bowl all the time like Staubach and Montana. EVER WONDER WHY DAK WAS A 4TH ROUND DRAFT CHOICE the year we drafted him?

Finding a good QB is a really hard thing to do. Carson Wentz looks the part and was a top 5 pick and he sucksass.

Drake Maye @ North Carolina. Eligible in 2024 draft.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#132 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:17 pm

Mr B wrote:

Read on Twitter

I agree 100%.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#133 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:44 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

At that point of the game I say the hell with it. Were are getting gashed for the 3ird week in a row. Put 8 in the box and take our chances with our DB's going one on one with their weak WR's.

That’s what they did and still got ran all over.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#134 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:45 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Yeah, and if he didn't have so many turnovers and INT's in big games and playoff games we go to the Super bowl all the time like Staubach and Montana. EVER WONDER WHY DAK WAS A 4TH ROUND DRAFT CHOICE the year we drafted him?

Drake Maye @ North Carolina. Eligible in 2024 draft.

That’s 2 drafts away. We kind of need someone this coming draft.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#135 » by linery88 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:54 am

This was a game they had to win..it being GB who owns us.Jerry screwed us up with his Beckham talk,and then getting some players to mention Beckham ,and how we want him.What a clown show.No discipline..no HC in charge.We are never going to win with this kind of dynamic,or setup.Jones can undermine his QB,Team,or HC anytime he opens his mouth about whatever he feels like,depending on what he says,and on what the subject is.I have never heard of an owner of a team mention a player they want,then get his players to say the same thing before a big game.Sometimes what he says has an effect,and sometimes it doesn,t.What he needs to start talking about is how he has decided to shut his mouth,and let his HC run the team,and maybe they can win.The bigger the game the more Jerrys gonna run his mouth,and noone will know the Jerrah affect because no player could ever admit that publicly.
Bottom line is they should have won this game going away,regardless of what Jerry said.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#136 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:22 am

linery88 wrote:This was a game they had to win..it being GB who owns us.Jerry screwed us up with his Beckham talk,and then getting some players to mention Beckham ,and how we want him.What a clown show.No discipline..no HC in charge.We are never going to win with this kind of dynamic,or setup.Jones can undermine his QB,Team,or HC anytime he opens his mouth about whatever he feels like,depending on what he says,and on what the subject is.I have never heard of an owner of a team mention a player they want,then get his players to say the same thing before a big game.Sometimes what he says has an effect,and sometimes it doesn,t.What he needs to start talking about is how he has decided to shut his mouth,and let his HC run the team,and maybe they can win.The bigger the game the more Jerrys gonna run his mouth,and noone will know the Jerrah affect because no player could ever admit that publicly.
Bottom line is they should have won this game going away,regardless of what Jerry said.

I think your being too hard on Jerry, :wink: :lol: :rofl: :rofl2: :jawdrop: :falloff:
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#137 » by linery88 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:09 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:This was a game they had to win..it being GB who owns us.Jerry screwed us up with his Beckham talk,and then getting some players to mention Beckham ,and how we want him.What a clown show.No discipline..no HC in charge.We are never going to win with this kind of dynamic,or setup.Jones can undermine his QB,Team,or HC anytime he opens his mouth about whatever he feels like,depending on what he says,and on what the subject is.I have never heard of an owner of a team mention a player they want,then get his players to say the same thing before a big game.Sometimes what he says has an effect,and sometimes it doesn,t.What he needs to start talking about is how he has decided to shut his mouth,and let his HC run the team,and maybe they can win.The bigger the game the more Jerrys gonna run his mouth,and noone will know the Jerrah affect because no player could ever admit that publicly.

I think your being too hard on Jerry, :wink: :lol: :rofl: :rofl2: :jawdrop: :falloff:

He has been pretty good up until the Beckham talk.They did sign an ex Brown speedster WR to the practice squad so he wasn,t joking around ;).
Dak should have been included more in the rant as well. :banghead:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#138 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:07 pm

Hopefully they won't pick up OBJ. Cowboys have enough weapons, they just don't have a QB.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#139 » by linery88 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:26 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Hopefully they won't pick up OBJ. Cowboys have enough weapons, they just don't have a QB.

That OBJ talk was unbelievably stupid.... almost like trolling.

Return to Dallas Cowboys