Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Re: 2023 Cowboys Offseason News & Notes 

Post#701 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:57 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:We would have to be 0-5 with Dak throwing more INTs than TDs for Dak to be benched that early for Lance. in fact I'll say that's basically impossible. We start with the Giants and Dak is like 50-0 vs the Giants.

If you are a Dak hater, you basically need to be rooting for an injury, and then pray that Lance comes in an surprises everyone. Basically the same thing that happened to Romo w/Dak. That's your only shot.

The only game that looks like a gimmie in the first 5 weeks is our game with the Cardinals. We haven't beaten the Niners for 2 straight years. Rodgers owns the Cowboys and the games vs. Washington and New York will not be easy. Both teams have very good defenses and are the strengths of their teams. In 9 straight series the last time we played Washington our great leader couldn't even get a first down. I wouldn't take any of those games for granted.

Oh good, so all of those would be "meaningful wins" to you if Dak does well. Good to know.

With this defense and all the talent on this team the only meaningful games will be the ones that get us past the divisional round. Anything short of that will be a failure. And if Dak loses another playoff game all on his own again, well tick tock, tick tock. Perhaps Jerry will give him the boot instead of McCarthy. Dak got his money, has been spoon fed and let off the hook for 8 years. Jerry has wised up to Dak. You can tell in the latest interviews and his body language. Its also apparent Dak was very uncomfortable when he was asked about the Lance situation. Dak has lost all his leverage now and will not get another contract till he produces the results Jerry and the fans want and he knows it now. Finally Jerry has woken up and put your boy on notice. He's already cost us too much and hasn't lived up to his current contract.
P.S. In response to one of your earlier posts, no I am not hoping for a Dak injury. I just want him to get the hell out of town.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#702 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:16 pm

But lets stick to the facts and reality of this situation with Dak. Back in the old days and even with Troy Aikman, When QB's were drafted and then put into a starting role they were given 2-3 years to develop. In the 4th year it was time to go. So to be totally fair to Dak, lets ignore his first 4 years even though I posted after that year that he was not the guy.
So now lets look at the facts of the last 3 years before Micah searches for his alternative facts and reasoning in regards to his boy. Like I just said I'm not looking at his first 4 years of development, just his last 3 years after Jerry gave him his money. Without getting too deep here, Dak has missed 17 games for starters. In his last 31 games he has 35 turnovers. Sure he has won many regular season games and padded his stats in the weakest division in football till last season, yet has missed the playoffs twice, and has acquired a 2-4 playoff record when he does make the playoffs. 0-3 when he reaches the divisional round. I don't believe Jerry had that in mind when he gave Dak his money.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,133

Post#703 » by Mr B » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:00 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:The only game that looks like a gimmie in the first 5 weeks is our game with the Cardinals. We haven't beaten the Niners for 2 straight years. Rodgers owns the Cowboys and the games vs. Washington and New York will not be easy. Both teams have very good defenses and are the strengths of their teams. In 9 straight series the last time we played Washington our great leader couldn't even get a first down. I wouldn't take any of those games for granted.

Oh good, so all of those would be "meaningful wins" to you if Dak does well. Good to know.

With this defense and all the talent on this team the only meaningful games will be the ones that get us past the divisional round. Anything short of that will be a failure. And if Dak loses another playoff game all on his own again, well tick tock, tick tock. Perhaps Jerry will give him the boot instead of McCarthy. Dak got his money, has been spoon fed and let off the hook for 8 years. Jerry has wised up to Dak. You can tell in the latest interviews and his body language. Its also apparent Dak was very uncomfortable when he was asked about the Lance situation. Dak has lost all his leverage now and will not get another contract till he produces the results Jerry and the fans want and he knows it now. Finally Jerry has woken up and put your boy on notice. He's already cost us too much and hasn't lived up to his current contract.
P.S. In response to one of your earlier posts, no I am not hoping for a Dak injury. I just want him to get the hell out of town.

I will also say that Dak has zero excuses. He has a good OL, a loaded offense and a top 3 defense that could very well end up leading the league in takeaways. Say what you want about Mike McCarthy but he has a SB win and a coaching resume equal to or better than Sean Payton (who everyone wanted). The Jones have eliminated any excuse Dak may have (barring injury). If he can’t get it done with team and if they flame out again in round 1 or 2 he will never be able to get it done.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,169

Post#704 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:33 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Oh good, so all of those would be "meaningful wins" to you if Dak does well. Good to know.

I will also say that Dak has zero excuses. He has a good OL, a loaded offense and a top 3 defense that could very well end up leading the league in takeaways. Say what you want about Mike McCarthy but he has a SB win and a coaching resume equal to or better than Sean Payton (who everyone wanted). The Jones have eliminated any excuse Dak may have (barring injury). If he can’t get it done with team and if they flame out again in round 1 or 2 he will never be able to get it done.

I'm sorry but this is just a super-flawed way of thinking. You're putting any and all future failure on Dak BEFORE even seeing what transpires in the games.

What if we lose in round 1 but our kicker misses 3 FGs including the game winner while Dak throws 5 TDs and 0 INTs?

What if Pollard has 4 fumbles?

What the offense scores 40 points but the defense gives up 41 points?

Then that still equates to Dak will NEVER EVER be able to get it done?

Elway couldn't "get it done" until the twilight years of his career. While Nick Foles got it done as a backup.

When TF it going to click for fans that NFL football doesn't revolve completely around the QB???

talking to some NFL fans, you'd think this was Tennis. Just one QB playing another. That line of thinking applies to the lowest common denominator of fans. The ones who's knowledge of the game only goes as deep as the QB.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#705 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:08 pm

Cowboys just cut Malik Davis.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#706 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:22 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:With this defense and all the talent on this team the only meaningful games will be the ones that get us past the divisional round. Anything short of that will be a failure. And if Dak loses another playoff game all on his own again, well tick tock, tick tock. Perhaps Jerry will give him the boot instead of McCarthy. Dak got his money, has been spoon fed and let off the hook for 8 years. Jerry has wised up to Dak. You can tell in the latest interviews and his body language. Its also apparent Dak was very uncomfortable when he was asked about the Lance situation. Dak has lost all his leverage now and will not get another contract till he produces the results Jerry and the fans want and he knows it now. Finally Jerry has woken up and put your boy on notice. He's already cost us too much and hasn't lived up to his current contract.

I'm sorry but this is just a super-flawed way of thinking. You're putting any and all future failure on Dak BEFORE even seeing what transpires in the games.

What if we lose in round 1 but our kicker misses 3 FGs including the game winner while Dak throws 5 TDs and 0 INTs?

Elway couldn't "get it done" until the twilight years of his career. While Nick Foles got it done as a backup.

When TF it going to click for fans that NFL football doesn't revolve completely around the QB???

talking to some NFL fans, you'd think this was Tennis. Just one QB playing another. That line of thinking applies to the lowest common denominator of fans. The ones who's knowledge of the game only goes as deep as the QB.

Here we go again. :lol: If anything Micah you are not only predictable, your consistent. I'm not going down this rabbit hole with you on Dak because when it comes to him your as blind as a bat. This is the best news and best day for me since draft night. Spin it anyway you want, but finally this is the beginning of the end for Dak. Your wonderful owner that you always defend as much as your boy has put him on notice. Deliver this year or no new contract. I fully expect Dak will not deliver and I can't wait to get his ass out of here after the season ends. I want a Super bowl and we won't with Dak. Want to make a bet? I've been right the last 3 years and you haven't. Only idiots repeat the same mistakes expecting the same results. What a great day. Dak is uncomfortable and miserable. :beer: :party: :guitar: Tick tock, tick tock. :rock: :rocking:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#707 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:32 pm

"I'm not going to go down the rabbit hole with you..."

PRECEEDS DOWN RABBIT HOLE :lol:

What I said isn't limited to Dak. The idea of PRE-blaming any QB before the games are even played is not only horrific logic but also shows blatant bias.

Before the season has even started you have already made up your minds that everyone else on the roster, including the McCarthy, is going to play well enough to win a ring, and if we don't win a ring, it is 100% Dak's fault.

I'm sorry, but that is simpleton thinking. You have a simple mind.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#708 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:09 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:"I'm not going to go down the rabbit hole with you..."

What I said isn't limited to Dak. The idea of PRE-blaming any QB before the games are even played is not only horrific logic but also shows blatant bias.

Before the season has even started you have already made up your minds that everyone else on the roster, including the McCarthy, is going to play well enough to win a ring, and if we don't win a ring, it is 100% Dak's fault.

Why should I or any Cowboy fan have faith in Prescott based on his previous 7 years? Jerry doesn't. I mean last year's playoff loss was a 100% Dak's fault.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#709 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:00 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:"I'm not going to go down the rabbit hole with you..."

Why should I or any Cowboy fan have faith in Prescott based on his previous 7 years? Jerry doesn't. I mean last year's playoff loss was a 100% Dak's fault.

Where to start.

1. Because you're supposed to be a Cowboys fan and that's what real fans do. They keep the faith no matter what through thick and thin.

2. Because without it, you have no reason to watch the games.

3. Because Dak is an above average QB and that's all it takes to win a ring.

4. Did Broncos fans give up on Elway?

5. Did Colt fans give up on Manning?

6. Etc
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#710 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:03 am

I mean that's the gist of why you aren't a real Cowboys fan. Maybe you were when you were a child watching Roger and Dorsett. But you're not a fan any more.

90% of the reason you watch the game is to root against Dak Prescott. And from what I can see you were no different with Romo. You hate Ware.

You hate every player UNTIL. ...... They win a ring

Which is pathetic
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,496

Post#711 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:08 am

Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM

Post#712 » by Mr B » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:43 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:With this defense and all the talent on this team the only meaningful games will be the ones that get us past the divisional round. Anything short of that will be a failure. And if Dak loses another playoff game all on his own again, well tick tock, tick tock. Perhaps Jerry will give him the boot instead of McCarthy. Dak got his money, has been spoon fed and let off the hook for 8 years. Jerry has wised up to Dak. You can tell in the latest interviews and his body language. Its also apparent Dak was very uncomfortable when he was asked about the Lance situation. Dak has lost all his leverage now and will not get another contract till he produces the results Jerry and the fans want and he knows it now. Finally Jerry has woken up and put your boy on notice. He's already cost us too much and hasn't lived up to his current contract.

So if all that happens and the Cowboys miss the playoffs or get bounced in round 1 are you also willing to give Mike McCarthy a contract extension? I mean he doesn’t even play so how can he be blamed for anything that happens on the field?

Dak is the starting QB and fault or no fault he’s going to get the bulk of the blame. That’s just the way it is just like the Head coach gets the blame even though he doesn’t actually step on the field.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#713 » by Mr B » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:58 pm

Kind of surprised by the team cutting Bohanna and Farniok. Especially Bohanna considering he was playing well based on all reports.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#714 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:16 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:I will also say that Dak has zero excuses. He has a good OL, a loaded offense and a top 3 defense that could very well end up leading the league in takeaways. Say what you want about Mike McCarthy but he has a SB win and a coaching resume equal to or better than Sean Payton (who everyone wanted). The Jones have eliminated any excuse Dak may have (barring injury). If he can’t get it done with team and if they flame out again in round 1 or 2 he will never be able to get it done.

So if all that happens and the Cowboys miss the playoffs or get bounced in round 1 are you also willing to give Mike McCarthy a contract extension? I mean he doesn’t even play so how can he be blamed for anything that happens on the field?

Dak is the starting QB and fault or no fault he’s going to get the bulk of the blame. That’s just the way it is just like the Head coach gets the blame even though he doesn’t actually step on the field.

I think if you are going to do any pre-blaming it is much easier to do with a head coach than any 1 single player on the field, including the QB.

The coach is ultimately in charge of EVERY player. Offense, defense, special teams, etc.

QBs get too much blame period for wins and loses. Moreso with fans than anyone else, but also by the media. The only time I see QBs treated the correct way is in the NFL draft where their wins and losses in college are completely ignored and the only thing scouts and anyone else even looks at is their real skill set.

If we fail next season, ultimately it will be the team as a whole who fails. And if Dak plays poorly next season, maybe we should move on from him. But to already point the finger at Dak before the season has even happened or before we can see what went wrong is highly flawed.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#715 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:22 pm

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dak-prescott-new-contract-trust-dallas-cowboys-talks-jerry-jones-trey-lance-trade

ARLINGTON - We're going to be frank here: We cannot believe that we still have to explain the Dallas Cowboys' planned contractual commitment to Dak Prescott ... and we cannot believe that there is any keen observer who thinks the trade for third-string prospect Trey Lance changes that.

But here we are, with Cowboys COO Stephen Jones having to answer a question about whether that's truly the truth.

"Absolutely!” the Cowboys want and continue to work toward a new extension for Prescott,'' Stephen said.

Added owner Jerry Jones on the goofy concept that Lance now gives Dallas "leverage'' against Dak: “(That) didn’t cross my mind. Period. I know that Dak wants to do anything we can improve this team.”

Now I will say this, if it were up to me Dak would not get a new contract until this season ends. Then we would look NOT at wins and losses, but at Dak's individual performance.

From what I reading, Dak is going to get a massive contract before the end of the season, in the neighborhood of $350m. And I am not a fan of that at all. I think we are going to see a huge deal take place, followed by BJJ throwing endless fits in here.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#716 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:42 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I'm sorry but this is just a super-flawed way of thinking. You're putting any and all future failure on Dak BEFORE even seeing what transpires in the games.

I think if you are going to do any pre-blaming it is much easier to do with a head coach than any 1 single player on the field, including the QB.

The coach is ultimately in charge of EVERY player. Offense, defense, special teams, etc.

QBs get too much blame period for wins and loses. Moreso with fans than anyone else, but also by the media. The only time I see QBs treated the correct way is in the NFL draft where their wins and losses in college are completely ignored and the only thing scouts and anyone else even looks at is their real skill set.

If we fail next season, ultimately it will be the team as a whole who fails. And if Dak plays poorly next season, maybe we should move on from him. But to already point the finger at Dak before the season has even happened or before we can see what went wrong is highly flawed.

Once again, wrong. Jerry is in charge. McCarthy is just a puppet. You haven't figured out that one yet after all these years? And here you go again. Trying to protect your boy again. After Dak blew the the playoff game all on his own last year, your already trying to defend him by saying it will be the teams fault instead of his if they come up short again. Wow.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#717 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:45 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dak-prescott-new-contract-trust-dallas-cowboys-talks-jerry-jones-trey-lance-trade

ARLINGTON - We're going to be frank here: We cannot believe that we still have to explain the Dallas Cowboys' planned contractual commitment to Dak Prescott ... and we cannot believe that there is any keen observer who thinks the trade for third-string prospect Trey Lance changes that.

But here we are, with Cowboys COO Stephen Jones having to answer a question about whether that's truly the truth.

"Absolutely!” the Cowboys want and continue to work toward a new extension for Prescott,'' Stephen said.

Added owner Jerry Jones on the goofy concept that Lance now gives Dallas "leverage'' against Dak: “(That) didn’t cross my mind. Period. I know that Dak wants to do anything we can improve this team.”

Now I will say this, if it were up to me Dak would not get a new contract until this season ends. Then we would look NOT at wins and losses, but at Dak's individual performance.

From what I reading, Dak is going to get a massive contract before the end of the season, in the neighborhood of $350m. And I am not a fan of that at all. I think we are going to see a huge deal take place, followed by BJJ throwing endless fits in here.

Unless the Cowboys get to the Super Bowl or NFC championship game, he WILL NOT get a new contract. I'd bet money on it. Jesus Micah, get with the program. You can't tell what Jerry is up to yet?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#718 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:10 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:From what I reading, Dak is going to get a massive contract before the end of the season, in the neighborhood of $350m. And I am not a fan of that at all. I think we are going to see a huge deal take place...

Right now, he counts $59M toward the 2024 cap. Whatever deal takes place - it will absolutely reduce that number.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,496

Post#719 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:44 pm

Mr B wrote:Kind of surprised by the team cutting Bohanna and Farniok. Especially Bohanna considering he was playing well based on all reports.

Bohanna is gonna get claimed by someone. The Hawks depth at DT is an issue. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up here.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#720 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:41 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:From what I reading, Dak is going to get a massive contract before the end of the season, in the neighborhood of $350m. And I am not a fan of that at all. I think we are going to see a huge deal take place...

Right now, he counts $59M toward the 2024 cap. Whatever deal takes place - it will absolutely reduce that number.

Yes they restructured his current contract knowing that they would have to give him an extension soon. And they know that the sooner they can get that done the better for several reasons. Market value for QBs keep getting worse and worse, and the longer they wait the more ammo Dak's agent has to threaten FA where someone will give him a massive contract.

In fact I have now read several who believe that Dallas brought in Lance specifically to have ammo against Dak's agent in deal talks.

Dallas kind of got themselves into a mess contractually, but a big part of why it is a mess is for the simple fact that there is no good alternative to Dak Prescott, and Dak's agent knows that. Dak is a top-7-12 ish QB in the NFL, and it is probably impossible for Dallas to get a QB who is ranked higher than that.

Return to Dallas Cowboys