ImageImageImageImage

2023 Free Agency.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,133

Re: 2023 Free Agency. 

Post#21 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:13 am

Here are the teams still with $10M or more in cap space.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,169

Post#22 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:03 am

We should snag Fournette, he's only 28 and could probably be had for cheap. Then we don't have to draft RB.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#23 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:57 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:We should snag Fournette, he's only 28 and could probably be had for cheap. Then we don't have to draft RB.

I’d still rather have a rookie RB. Fournette is as done as Zeke is. Also even at the vet min he would be more expensive than a rookie 4th round pick. Bijan Robinson would cost more but he could also be the best RB in the NFL by the end of his rookie season, we wouldn’t be getting that out of Fournette.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#24 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:59 pm

We might be able to snag a nice RB in the second or third round. There are a small handful of them.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#25 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:29 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:We should snag Fournette, he's only 28 and could probably be had for cheap. Then we don't have to draft RB.

I’d still rather have a rookie RB. Fournette is as done as Zeke is. Also even at the vet min he would be more expensive than a rookie 4th round pick. Bijan Robinson would cost more but he could also be the best RB in the NFL by the end of his rookie season, we wouldn’t be getting that out of Fournette.

This ignores the saved draft pick though. You have to view it as -

Fournette + 3rd round DT/CB/OL

Or

3rd round rookie RB
Mr B
RealGM

Post#26 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:01 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:We might be able to snag a nice RB in the second or third round. There are a small handful of them.

There is actually a pretty big handful of good RB’s in this draft.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#27 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:43 pm

Mr B wrote:

I've heard a lot of rumblings over the weekend that the Cowboys want Bijan Robinson real bad. :gossip:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#28 » by Mr B » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:33 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I've heard a lot of rumblings over the weekend that the Cowboys want Bijan Robinson real bad. :gossip:

If he’s there. I like what they’ve done with the defense so far. I wish they would sign Bobby Wagner and resign Jonathan Hankins but I doubt they do, at least not until after June 1st if they are still available. But with what they have done so far they have allowed themselves to really go into the draft looking at best player available instead of having to fill a need. If Bijan Robinson is there at pick 26 there is zero doubt he’d be the best player available at pick 26. I don’t think they should/would trade up for him. As good as he is you can’t waist those assets for a position that can easily be found in the middle rounds.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#29 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:39 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I’d still rather have a rookie RB. Fournette is as done as Zeke is. Also even at the vet min he would be more expensive than a rookie 4th round pick. Bijan Robinson would cost more but he could also be the best RB in the NFL by the end of his rookie season, we wouldn’t be getting that out of Fournette.

If he’s there. I like what they’ve done with the defense so far. I wish they would sign Bobby Wagner and resign Jonathan Hankins but I doubt they do, at least not until after June 1st if they are still available. But with what they have done so far they have allowed themselves to really go into the draft looking at best player available instead of having to fill a need. If Bijan Robinson is there at pick 26 there is zero doubt he’d be the best player available at pick 26. I don’t think they should/would trade up for him. As good as he is you can’t waist those assets for a position that can easily be found in the middle rounds.

thejetpress.com just reported that the Jets are close to a deal trading OL Chuma Edoga to the Cowboys.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#30 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:14 pm

I know we got Cooks in a trade but here is a breakdown of his reworked contract. Cowboys got his cap hit this season down to $6M instead of $12M.

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#31 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:46 pm

Mr B wrote:I know we got Cooks in a trade but here is a breakdown of his reworked contract. Cowboys got his cap hit this season down to $6M instead of $12M.

Read on Twitter

Its not only a good deal, but a very smart deal.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#32 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:16 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I've heard a lot of rumblings over the weekend that the Cowboys want Bijan Robinson real bad. :gossip:

thejetpress.com just reported that the Jets are close to a deal trading OL Chuma Edoga to the Cowboys.

Its Official !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#33 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Saves a draft pick I guess but would have rather Dallas gone after Fournette. This is a down grade from Zeke, I hope that Pollard's health can hold up.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#34 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:44 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

Saves a draft pick I guess but would have rather Dallas gone after Fournette. This is a down grade from Zeke, I hope that Pollard's health can hold up.

This guy was basically brought in so that thenCowboys can go into the draft now HAVING to draft a RB. If they can resign Hankins and sign Bobby Wagner (fingers crossed) they can really go into this draft looking at best player available. All of their needs will have been filled.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#35 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:48 pm

I want my DT. Been waiting 8 years and counting.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#36 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:04 am

I see a lot of Cowboy fans pointing out that they cleared way more space than they used. They even continued to clear space with Cooks contact.

There may still be a big signing coming.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#37 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:33 am

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

This guy was basically brought in so that thenCowboys can go into the draft now HAVING to draft a RB. If they can resign Hankins and sign Bobby Wagner (fingers crossed) they can really go into this draft looking at best player available. All of their needs will have been filled.

I totally butchered this paragraph didn’t I. Lol

I meant to say so the Cowboys won’t have to go into the draft HAVING to draft any position. They can just take the best player available when their pick comes up.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#38 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:34 am

Micah Prescott wrote:I see a lot of Cowboy fans pointing out that they cleared way more space than they used. They even continued to clear space with Cooks contact.

There may still be a big signing coming.

Yea they’re not don’t signing or trading for players. I’m hoping they sign Jonathan Hankins and Bobby Wagner.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#39 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:55 pm

I kind of hope we didn't clear all that space for a 32 year old Wagner. I mean he'd add depth and stability to LB and I do think he makes the defense better. I just would rather have someone in the middle of their prime whoever that may be.
Mr B
RealGM

2023 Free Agency. 

Post#40 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:43 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I kind of hope we didn't clear all that space for a 32 year old Wagner. I mean he'd add depth and stability to LB and I do think he makes the defense better. I just would rather have someone in the middle of their prime whoever that may be.

Bobby Wagner was rated as the best run defending LB in the NFL last year. Having him along with LVE in the middle would greatly help solve the weakest part of the defense.

Return to Dallas Cowboys