ImageImageImageImage

Game #2 vs. The Jets

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,135

Re: Game #2 vs. The Jets 

Post#41 » by Mr B » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:31 pm

Fierce1 wrote:The Dallas offense responded after having an ordinary performance the previous game.

This season's team looks more balanced compared to the previous 2 seasons.

It’s amazing what not having to play in the driving rain can do to your offense.

They definitely look very balanced. They should look even more balance once they figure out that Duece is the perfect guy to run screens too. I wish/hope they can acquire a bruiser at RB by the trade deadline.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#42 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:31 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Dallas has a 70-10 point differential over just 2 games lol

Super impressive considering one of those teams was a top defense

And the other was a division game. Those a huge wins regardless of how good the teams are.

Who do we play next?
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,607

Post#43 » by Fierce1 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:38 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Dallas has a 70-10 point differential over just 2 games lol

Super impressive considering one of those teams was a top defense

And the other was a division game. Those a huge wins regardless of how good the teams are.

Who do we play next?

On the road against the Cardinals.

Boys should be 3-0 to start the season.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,171

Post#44 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:40 am

Dak had amazing start to this game. 13 straight completions to open it, his career best.

But then he played not as well in the 2nd half. Missed a wide open Lamb in the endzone, and had Sauce drop a pick-6. I think he was just as good vs the Giants. The offense scored 3 TDs and 2 FGs on the Giants, not sure why anyone thought Dak sucked that game. I guess because the RBs scored and not him.

All we need him to do is be "good" though. A top-10 QB. We don't need him to be Mahomes. In fact I think this team gives the Chiefs fits if played them. Hopefully that happens.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#45 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:44 am

The New York Jets had four hits on the quarterback today.

Micah Parsons had four hits on the quarterback today.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#46 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:00 am

Anyone else feel like Osa is maturing into something special? This is his 3rd season.

Already at 3 sacks, 4 QB hits, 6 tackles, one of the tackles for a loss

I don't think Mazi played at all today btw
Mr B
RealGM

Post#47 » by Mr B » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:16 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Anyone else feel like Osa is maturing into something special? This is his 3rd season.

Osa is definitely becoming a force inside. Having Micah and Tank really helps him too.

As for Mazi, I don’t think it’s really fair to compare him to Osa. First Mazi is a rookie and Osa is in his 3rd year. Also even though both are DT’s they are not the same player. Give Mazi some time, he think he will be making plays before the season is over.

The guy (on the DL) that should be getting criticism is Sam Williams. He was supposed to be the teams second best pass rusher this season and has been on the field a lot. He doesn’t seem to be doing crap though. It appears he may be one of those guys that feels like “he’s made it”. Seems to be more in love with the lifestyle instead of in love with the game.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#48 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:44 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Anyone else feel like Osa is maturing into something special? This is his 3rd season.

Osa is definitely becoming a force inside. Having Micah and Tank really helps him too.

As for Mazi, I don’t think it’s really fair to compare him to Osa. First Mazi is a rookie and Osa is in his 3rd year. Also even though both are DT’s they are not the same player. Give Mazi some time, he think he will be making plays before the season is over.

The guy (on the DL) that should be getting criticism is Sam Williams. He was supposed to be the teams second best pass rusher this season and has been on the field a lot. He doesn’t seem to be doing crap though. It appears he may be one of those guys that feels like “he’s made it”. Seems to be more in love with the lifestyle instead of in love with the game.

Yeah I wasn't really trying to compare Osa to Mazi, I know they have different roles, ALTHOUGH I don't know that Osa isn't becoming a great run stuffer. It felt like he was collapsing the middle to me at times.

I found this, showing snap counts.
https://www.footballguys.com/stats/snap-counts/teams?team=DAL&year=2023

There are some interesting things to see on that

-Gallup played as many snaps as Lamb did yesterday. You shouldn't wouldn't know it though.
-After Pollard, the other RBs are about equal in terms of playing time
-Mazi did play 11 snaps yesterday, it's something I guess
-Sam has seen a decent amount of time, and yes with no stats to show for it. Shame.
-LVE played 100% of snaps yesterday. Unsung hero IMO. LVE was a beast yesterday. In fact I think if we lost him to injury it would cause a massive impact
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#49 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:57 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I think that even without Cooks, we can see that Gallup isn't the #2 guy

Sad, he looked so promising early on. His injury issues were too much I think.

Guy always seems to be in position to take hard hits.

I've finally caved on Gallup. He still doesn't look right and is getting no separation still. If Cooks continues to be his usual injury prone self, we will need a number 2 WR. Not sure if its time to insert Tolbert or Turpin and give them a shot. I need a scouting report from Mr. B.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#50 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:20 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=LeIVEGUkXCHnFRPO2ExNaA&s=19
Mr B
RealGM

Post#51 » by Mr B » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:46 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=LeIVEGUkXCHnFRPO2ExNaA&s=19

Diggs has been REALLY good so far this year. The combo of him and Gilmore has been as advertised so far this season.
Mr B
RealGM

Game #2 vs. The Jets 

Post#52 » by Mr B » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:47 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I think that even without Cooks, we can see that Gallup isn't the #2 guy

I've finally caved on Gallup. He still doesn't look right and is getting no separation still. If Cooks continues to be his usual injury prone self, we will need a number 2 WR. Not sure if its time to insert Tolbert or Turpin and give them a shot. I need a scouting report from Mr. B.

I’d like to see them throw to Tolbert a little more. He looks like a completely different player from last year. I think before all is said and done he will end up being the #2 WR.

Turpin is a solid #3-#4 WR. I just don’t like how small he is.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#53 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:40 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I’d like to see them throw to Tolbert a little more. He looks like a completely different player from last year. I think before all is said and done he will end up being the #2 WR.

Turpin is a solid #3-#4 WR. I just don’t like how small he is.

I agree. he looked really good in preseason also.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#54 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:48 pm

One thing I notices after watching the game again that I did not like. Once we got in the red zone Pollard was taken out of the game each time for Vaugh and Dowdell. Why at that point? Pollard is our best back when it comes to running between the tackles. I'm all for change of pace and giving the other guys some touches, but damn. Too many field goals and not enough T.D.'s here. An area we need to clean up. These small things could cost us come playoff time.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#55 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:55 pm

Percentage of snaps played for each RB through 1st 2 games… pretty consistent.

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#56 » by Mr B » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:30 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Percentage of snaps played for each RB through 1st 2 games… pretty consistent.

I’ve been pretty impressed with Rico Dowdle so far this year. The team might franchise Pollard for 1 more season and then Dowdle will be the next RB in line to start.

Return to Dallas Cowboys