ImageImageImageImage

Tank Working Out Regularly At Valley Ranch Facility

Moderator: Texas Chuck

NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Tank Working Out Regularly At Valley Ranch Facility 

Post#1 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Oct 5, 2007 7:56 am

IRVING, Texas -- Defensive tackle Tank Johnson has been working out regularly at Valley Ranch since signing a two-year deal with the Cowboys last month and getting cleared by the NFL to be at the facility.

Johnson is serving an eight-game NFL suspension for violating probation on a gun charge. Commissioner Roger Goodell has said the suspension could be reduced to six games.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Johnson working out and being in an accountable program "addresses the chance of him getting back early."

In addition to physical workouts, Johnson is able to meet with the team's player assistance staff, headed by Calvin Hill.

"He's working to try and do the kind of work and make the kind of impression that would influence the commissioner and let him get back early," Jones said.

Johnson played the last three seasons for the Chicago Bears.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3049676

I assume the earliest he could be back is the Vikings game.

The latest (well barring a major boneheaded move on his part) would be the game at New York on nov 11th.

Id love to have him back for the Philly game. (Its between the MIN and NYG games)
SMRattler
Head Coach
And1: 0

Post#2 » by SMRattler » Fri Oct 5, 2007 4:06 pm

Jerry, if someone is doing something with the hopes that it makes an impression on the comish to say "hmmm, this guy is really trying to change", you shouldn't say "he's doing this and hoping it makes an impression....". Just seems like he's fronting now! :-(
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#3 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Oct 5, 2007 6:58 pm

SMRattler wrote:Jerry, if someone is doing something with the hopes that it makes an impression on the comish to say "hmmm, this guy is really trying to change", you shouldn't say "he's doing this and hoping it makes an impression....". Just seems like he's fronting now! :-(

Nah it'll be fine, its just an article about him working out.

Goodell only reads about arrests, he'll never notice this article.
SMRattler
Head Coach
And1: 0

Post#4 » by SMRattler » Fri Oct 5, 2007 10:04 pm

I'm really looking forward to Tank coming on board. I think keeping Ratliff fresh for late in the games is a HUGE plus. We see Ellis coming in for 14 plays and they were 2 sacks and some number of pressures. Using Ratliff in similar roles gives us another pressure player that's fresh.
f l u r p
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 67

Post#5 » by f l u r p » Tue Oct 9, 2007 11:44 am

"He has been doing some very positive things about changing his life and making better decisions going forward,

Return to Dallas Cowboys