ImageImageImageImage

TO Big Game

Moderator: Texas Chuck

NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

TO Big Game 

Post#1 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:19 pm

Its perfectly setup for him to have a big game this week. The last couple weeks he hasnt done much, Hes playing against huge competition (best team in the league), and hes in a game against the Top receiver in the league.

Im also loving the way hes handling this week too. His note doesnt provide anything "bulletin" worthy for the pats to get up about.

TO at 75% at best in the SB against the patriots got 9 catches and 122 yards. And thats with McChoke at QB.
That Patriots D wasnt any worse than their current one.

Bottom line, it all lines up very nicely for a great performance.

Heres TO's note btw,
"Dear Reporters,

"Due to the magnitude of this week's game and high volume of questions for the Original 81 about the other 81. I will be taking all questions immediately following Sunday's game.

"Sincerely, (followed by Owens' signature)

"p.s. Getcha Popcorn Ready."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3057714

Lets Go Boys
SMRattler
Head Coach
And1: 0

Post#2 » by SMRattler » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:46 am

I hope so. WE need a big game from our offense. BIG game. Brady and company are a well oiled machine on offense. Their defense is STIFF! We'll have to open up the playbook, we can do it! But we need our playmakers to make some big plays.
f l u r p
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 67

Post#3 » by f l u r p » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:54 am

I'm not very confident about the game this week. The Pats are just terrific at almost every aspect of the game. Too bad their coach is such a dil.

Anyway, I hope TO has a huge week cause I think he needs it from a personal perspective in order to stay on course.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#4 » by Basketball Jesus » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:05 pm

If there
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
SMRattler
Head Coach

Post#5 » by SMRattler » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:59 pm

I just hope Romo stays calm and cool. He didn't look calm under those Monday Night lights until the end. Sometimes with emotionally charged QBs, their throws are all over the place. I used to be able to count on a bad game from Favre early on in a big game. I hope Romo learns from last week to just be his calm, cool self and guys like Witten should be there all day long.

Of course, that's assuming he doesn't have guys in his face.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#6 » by studcrackers » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:20 pm

^^ are u suggesting we kill romo's dad so romo is so emotionally charged he has the game of his life ala favre?
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
SMRattler
Head Coach

Post#7 » by SMRattler » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:12 pm

^^ No, I was talking about the younger Favre. The opposite. In his earlier days when he was (comically) trying to take probably the best set of receivers he's ever had passed our beloved Cowboys in the early 90s, big games, Texas Stadium, you could ALWAYS count on him getting so jacked up that for the first two quarters, he would rocket balls all over the place. Incompletions not even close, interceptions, etc. Cowboys would get out there and score quickly and Favre would try to come right back and would not accept drives coming to a stop. He'd try to force stuff to get momentum right back.

I think Romo is that same type. Monday night he saw the bright lights and looked like he was trying to win the game on every throw. His first pass, he's backed up on the 1, deep in his end zone, he went for a homerun to Witten, sailed way over him. Maybe he thought he'd cut it up field, but THAT is still going for the homerun. And honestly, he was sailing passes for a while, so I still think that was just a BAD overthrow. Second pass, tried to make up for that by not settling for a three and out, Witten covered, but he would not let himself be denied, forced it. Then some throws to TO, just WAY overthrown. The INT in the endzone, wasn't going to settle for a FGA, he tried forcing it. The INT before the half, no way he was going to come off the field without trying to make up for his 3 INTs with the big play. Forced it and overthrew it, INT #4.

If he comes out all fired up and trying to make some kind of statement, if the Bills had a feast, the Pats most certainly will.

I think his first few passes tell us what to expect. If he's in rythm, on his toes back there, comfortable and accurate and turning his shoulder on them, he usually stays like that all game long. If he throws early and they are wild fastballs, we're in trouble. Or like Monday, if he looks like he's trying to be careful and trying to calm down, it usually means even he knows he's too jacked up and trying to offset that. Then they are soft floating passes that get picked off and we're in for a long day.
NH_soxfan14
Junior
And1: 1

Post#8 » by NH_soxfan14 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:26 am

I agree Kohl i have a feeling TO is going to have a huge game.

RSN
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#9 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:23 am

studcrackers wrote:^^ are u suggesting we kill romo's dad so romo is so emotionally charged he has the game of his life ala favre?

:rofl:

That is so beyond wrong
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#10 » by studcrackers » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:25 pm

http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wiret ... te_cancer/

its not a dead father but its close enough
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
SMRattler
Head Coach

Post#11 » by SMRattler » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:15 pm

TO just needs to stop dropping balls!

Can't have a big game if you're dropping every other pass thrown your way. It would be nice if he just broke out and had a big party in Texas Stadium.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#12 » by Basketball Jesus » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:56 pm

SMRattler wrote:TO just needs to stop dropping balls!

Can't have a big game if you're dropping every other pass thrown your way. It would be nice if he just broke out and had a big party in Texas Stadium.

What does TO and puberty have in common?

They
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
DDansby123
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#13 » by DDansby123 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:34 am

Basketball Jesus wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What does TO and puberty have in common?

They
SMRattler
Head Coach

Post#14 » by SMRattler » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:50 pm

I think Nick Eatman read my earlier posts. He used the same comparison, same examples of playing at Texas Stadium, same reasoning and even same language ("all jacked up", "sailing passes") I used. This guy is smart. :-)

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?e ... 348%2C8643

Look at Monday night's game in Buffalo. Tony Romo was all jacked up and his passes were the same way. He overthrew Jason Witten on that first pass over the middle so bad that it didn't matter if Witten was supposed to cut the route short or not. That ball was headed to Canada.

Was Romo just not ready for the game, or a little too fired up? I'd say the latter. And remember this, we like to compare him to the great Brett Favre for their strong arms, unwillingness to surrender on every play and their creative improvisations that can often get them in and out of trouble.

But Favre had the same issues of being too fired up early in his career. In those playoff games at Texas Stadium back in the mid-90's, Favre would usually struggle in the first quarter, sailing passes over his receivers heads, and it took a while to calm himself down. Sometimes, it can be too late.

Return to Dallas Cowboys