ImageImageImageImage

Doot doot doot! Cowboys clinch Home Field Throughout

Moderator: Texas Chuck

sosafan70
RealGM
And1: 0

Doot doot doot! Cowboys clinch Home Field Throughout 

Post#1 » by sosafan70 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:58 pm

With the Packers losing to the Bears today, the Cowboys have clinched home field throughout the playoffs. Hizzah!

Dallas Mavericks: Where Good over Evil Happens
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#2 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:17 am

Yea i posted about that in the game thread, i dont feel like copying and pasting those here.

Also important
Bengals won
Titans won

So all we need now is a Titans win next week and the Browns pick is 20th (instead of possibly 23rd or whatever).

Good day for the Cowboys.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#3 » by Geddy » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:47 am

It's good to see that the Packers probably aren't as dominating has they have appeared to be lately.
sosafan70
RealGM

Post#4 » by sosafan70 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:27 am

Neither are the Cowboys :/

NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#5 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:33 am

sosafan70 wrote:Neither are the Cowboys :/

When keepin it real goes wrong.

:-?
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by Geddy » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:37 am

If it makes you guys feel better, then the Pats don't look like the juggernaut that they were earlier in the season. Had a bad game against the Jets last week (ok bad weather had something to do with that), and a terrible second half this week against Miami.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#7 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:41 am

rkid wrote:If it makes you guys feel better, then the Pats don't look like the juggernaut that they were earlier in the season. Had a bad game against the Jets last week (ok bad weather had something to do with that), and a terrible second half this week against Miami.

Or the weeks before that against the Iggles and the worst team in the league the Baltimore Ravens.
Minhee
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#8 » by Minhee » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:15 pm

Happy the Bears helped us out, but still dissapointed in our play as of late along with injuries.

I am still cautious about the Packers, they have been pretty impressive against every other teamexcept Chicago. For some reason the Bears owned them this year, too bad they wont play again until next year.

Another concern besides our defense and injuries. Are we really better off having home field? We seem to play better on the road than at home. We were able to overcome adversity (Lions, Bills) while playing poorly at home(Redskin, Eagles). Then again, I am sure we do not want to see lambeau field in late January. We are 6-2 at home and thus far 7-0 on the road, well soon to be 7-1 as we will roll over next week for the Skins and allow them to be in the playoffs which sucks as well. I guess they do deserve it after what they had to go through. Hope they don't go very far though.
sosafan70
RealGM

Post#9 » by sosafan70 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:20 pm

Watch us win next week, lol

Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by Geddy » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:47 am

Didn't see any playoff thread so I'll just add my thoughts here.

I don't know what to make of today's performance. Yes it was a meaningless game, and there are a lof of key injuries but I'm still concerned going into the playoffs. They haven't played well at all their last few games.

First thing is that they just don't look like they're all there mentally just by looking at their body language. Don't know what's up with that but that swagger is just not there at the moment.

The secondary needs a hell of a lot of work to do during these next two weeks. Coverage, positioning and every thing else about them needs to be sorted out or else their going to get shredded up in the playoffs. Hopefully when the team is full strength this will be better.

Finally we need TO back to full strength. The offense just isn't the same without him in there, drawing away defenders. However, it was good to see Glenn back out there, even if he didn't make any plays.
Minhee
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#11 » by Minhee » Tue Jan 1, 2008 3:22 am

I have been calling concerns ever since we beat the Redskins the first time. Our defense is just atrocious, any QB can pretty much have target practice. Once again, if we do not pressure the QB, our secondary is very WEAK. The only way to play well is to get sacks and knock the QB down. Collins was only sacked once yesterday. Our offense has not faired well for the past 3 weeks. We are playing bad football at the wrong freaking time. TO will not be 100 percent even when he does return, but the offense looked pathetic without him.

Lastly, we better hope the Redskin or Giants doesn't advance because they match up very well against us. If we aren't careful, we are one and done.

Return to Dallas Cowboys