ImageImageImageImage

Cowboys Sign Crayton To Extension (Other Contracts here too)

Moderator: Texas Chuck

NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Cowboys Sign Crayton To Extension (Other Contracts here too) 

Post#1 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:01 pm

Per wiretap article.

Seems weve got quite a few of our weapons signed for a few years.

Romo - Signed through 2013
Witten - Signed through 2012
Crayton - Signed through 2011

I know guys dont always make it through their contracts since they arent guarenteed like other sports, but id say its a safe bet those three will be here through those.

Then we have our linemen

Marc Colombo - Only signed through 2008 right now but id think we would resign him or give him an extension before free agency in 09
Andre Gurode - Signed through 2013
Leonard Davis - Signed through 2013
Kyle Kosier - Signed through 2010

Sam Hurd will be a restricted Free agent in 09

I think we're setup good for a few years. The only question seems to be what we do with Owens (and his replacement in a couple years). Barber is a restricted FA this year but i cant see him not being resigned.
SMRattler
Head Coach
And1: 0

Post#2 » by SMRattler » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:58 am

We need to draft a WR in the first round this year. And we need someone that is or has the potential to be a true number one. Crayton is a GREAT number 3, or a solid number 2. Glenn is on borrowed time, this might be his last few games now. TO can not play forever.

I think this offseason should go with a #1 pick WR. We can then let TO ride out the next couple of years while we develope the young guy. When TO retires, replace him with another top notch capable type. Crayton will be our number two while we develope our rookie WR and guys like Hurd can help too meanwhile. But that means we need a sure thing WR in the draft and last time I checked, there is no such thing. So, we need some luck and some help in free agency.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#3 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:16 am

SMRattler wrote:We need to draft a WR in the first round this year. And we need someone that is or has the potential to be a true number one. Crayton is a GREAT number 3, or a solid number 2. Glenn is on borrowed time, this might be his last few games now. TO can not play forever.

I think this offseason should go with a #1 pick WR. We can then let TO ride out the next couple of years while we develope the young guy. When TO retires, replace him with another top notch capable type. Crayton will be our number two while we develope our rookie WR and guys like Hurd can help too meanwhile. But that means we need a sure thing WR in the draft and last time I checked, there is no such thing. So, we need some luck and some help in free agency.

Im more concerned about getting a safety (or a CB). If its a CB just move Newman to Safety where his speed and ball skills could fit well. Though maybe just a safety would be easier. I was just thinking whichever one we could get a better player with.

Wide Reciever, im not sure if using a first this year is the right idea. Unless we're talking our own first and someone slips (like that LSU guy). I know we cant count on it but I wouldnt be surprised if we got Roy Williams after next season to replace TO. Honestly that would probably be a perfect fit, theres so many similarities and in addition to that he wants to be in Texas.
SMRattler
Head Coach
And1: 0

Post#4 » by SMRattler » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:48 pm

Is Roy a big drop-off fro TO?

Return to Dallas Cowboys