[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Official Game Thread: Skins vs Cardinals

Moderator: LyricalRico

Who will win?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:12 pm

Skins
100%
Cardinals
No votes

Total votes: 5

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Official Game Thread: Skins vs Cardinals 

Post#21 » by hands11 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:09 pm

Rafael122 wrote:I think credit also goes to our scouting department. Bruce is probably part of that team, but he along with several others on the staff actually come to an agreement on who to pick. Scouts do the dirty work.

We only have a handful of guys over 30 on this roster, and we're going to get even younger next year. We've already got 8 picks.

Novel approach. Build through the draft. Who would have thunk it.

We wasted a lot of years doing it the quick fix way and finally we decided to do the long term approach and that ended up being the quick fix.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#22 » by Ruzious » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:33 pm

Rafael122 wrote:I think credit also goes to our scouting department. Bruce is probably part of that team, but he along with several others on the staff actually come to an agreement on who to pick. Scouts do the dirty work.

We only have a handful of guys over 30 on this roster, and we're going to get even younger next year. We've already got 8 picks.

Yeah, I get the impression that Bruce - while effective in what he does - is a suit who doesn't get his hands dirty in scouting and doesn't do the talent evaluations that you think of when you picture a classic GM. He's good at um... administrating and perhaps in negotiating. Personnel-wise, this is Mike Shanahan's team - with help from the scouting department.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,887

Post#23 » by Wizardspride » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:48 pm

Illuminaire wrote:Helu's stutter-go move is beautiful. He's so smooth changing directions and speeds, defenders can't predict him at all.

He doesn't seem to have great explosiveness or breakaway speed, but I really like him as a second back.

Roy definitely has breakaway speed. Its what he was known for in college.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySAcat-VVbM
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries

Return to Washington Football Team