[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Here and Gone - Team Moves and new starters

Moderator: LyricalRico

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Here and Gone - Team Moves and new starters 

Post#1 » by hands11 » Wed Nov 9, 2011 1:06 am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider

Redskins waive Brandyn Thompson, again

The two moves wrap up a busy 24 hours for the 3-5 team.

To recap: The Redskins also waived wide receiver Donte Stallworth, tight end Dominique Byrd and defensive end Darrion Scott.

They signed wide receiver David Anderson, defensive end Kentwan Balmer and cornerback Domonique Johnson.

Smart move getting rid of Donte Stallworth. He wasn't getting anything done.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... _blog.html

So Hulu is a starter as of last game. At least until Choice is ready. That should be a good backfield.
Beck going on his 4th game. Rookie at 30 years old.
New rookie guard.. Hurt
New rookie WR - Hankerson
And to start the season, new FB in Young
Fred Davis starting at TE.

This offense clearly need to make progress but at least they are turning over old for some new.

Next draft will clearly focus on offense.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Re: Here and Gone - Team Moves and new starters 

Post#2 » by LyricalRico » Wed Nov 9, 2011 2:13 am

Thanks for the info, hands. I'd only heard about dropping Stallworth and picking up Anderson.
hands11
Banned User

Post#3 » by hands11 » Wed Nov 9, 2011 5:22 am

LyricalRico wrote:Thanks for the info, hands. I'd only heard about dropping Stallworth and picking up Anderson.

You are most welcome honorable Sir.

So what do you think ? I know they haven't looked all to well on offense for the last few games, I mean few years, crap I mean few decades, but it does seem like that are going younger. That's something we wanted to see the Wiz do when they needed to reload and change direction. And like the Wizards, in order to reload properly, they would probably be best served by sucking for another year as to get higher draft picks. That said, I dont want to see them live through 5 losses in a row so they have to beat Miami.

After so many years of not building through the draft very well, I would think it would take a min of three drafts to restock the cabinets and set this franchise on solid footing. I just wish we didnt have Kyle here. It just doesnt feel good for this team.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,828

Post#4 » by Rafael122 » Wed Nov 9, 2011 2:31 pm

They need a legit receiver, and a quarterback, probably a center and right guard as well.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
hands11
Banned User

Post#5 » by hands11 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Rafael122 wrote:They need a legit receiver, and a quarterback, probably a center and right guard as well.

Well, those are the positions that all have rookie in them right now so I would say they are trying to work that out.

How often do you see a team hit the ground running when they have so many young starters on offense.

Hankerson
Hurt
Beck
Fred Davis
Hulu
Young

That's pretty much the entire offense. Then you have Gafney who is new to the team. And now Choice. Plus Paul is a rookie. And Paulsen and Austin is in their second years. It's not like they haven't been stocking up on new players.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/depth/_/nam ... n-redskins

I think it is still a little to early to give up on the offense.
hands11
Banned User

Post#6 » by hands11 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:27 am

Shanny said we picked up Tyler from Seattle.

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2011/11/09 ... -polumbus/

http://www.nfl.com/player/tylerpolumbus/836/profile

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201110 ... /111029853

The Seahawks released backup tackle Tyler Polumbus Tuesday. Polumbus, who Seattle acquired in a trade with Detroit prior to last season, started seven games for the Seahawks as a left tackle and left guard, and started both playoff games at left guard.

He served as Russell Okung's backup at left guard this year, but only has been on the field for a handful of snaps this season after starting three preseason games. The Seahawks had 10 offensive linemen on their roster, a large number, particularly as injuries take their toll.
hands11
Banned User

Post#7 » by hands11 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:43 pm

Next up. Royster at RB.

At this point, we are basically running the preseason evaluations we didnt have a chance to run.

For the team in the situation the Skins were in, no summer camp was really bad.

But that's ok. They are rebuilding and we are getting to see the players they picked up.

Another good draft and things will start to stabilize.

While I have not been blown away with Landry, I would sign him. They need to sign there own so they can start to establish team unity.
hands11
Banned User

Post#8 » by hands11 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:37 am

Two bad there wasnt an offseason for the Skins to get all their young players and new players integrated better.

Because even with that said, they could have easily beat Dallas twice and if so, they would be on top of the division at 6-5 and Dallas would be 5-6

I mean even as bad as this season has gone so far, they very easily could be the top team in the division. Just wanted to add that perceptive. The rebuild is going better than it looks to the naked eye. They got lots of younger player and they should have them all ready to roll next year along with another strong draft class. I mean we never even got to see Jarvis Jenkins DT. And Hankerson looks like a catch at WR. Plus, I really like Gafney as part of the WRs. Kerrigan is keeper. Riley at LB is looking like a beast. D Young has taken over at FB. Hulu looks like a really nice RB. Behind him we still haven't even seen what Royster adds. And around them you have Hightower and Torain for power. Fred Davis should be starting at TE for years to come.

So next year they go and draft a young QB and maybe let them sit behind Rex for a year while they learn. Then get some more OLs and some DBs.

The Skins have lots of pieces. Its just with a thin O Line, lots of injuries to key players, questions at QB and no summer to get all the new and rookie properly trained, it didn't come together this year. But this isn't a hollow ship like teams of the past. They are loading up with younger players.

Return to Washington Football Team