[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

2010 Skins Offseason Thread

Moderator: LyricalRico

NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Re: 2010 Skins Offseason Thread (McNabb update pg.4) 

Post#101 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:19 pm

C.Po would make more sense. They've been saying since midyear last year that they were interested in another back to compliment Kevin Smith who's shown with injury after injury that he's probably not an every down back. C.Po's concussion shutting him down last year can't help his value though.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#102 » by LyricalRico » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:43 pm

NbdyBeatsTheWiz wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:That would make a ton of sense if Shanahan truly believes that DET is seriously considering Okung at #2. In one move he gets Haynesworth (and possibly Portis) off the team and makes 100% sure he gets his left tackle. And Detroit is then probably still able to get McCoy at #4. Or, if Suh goes #1 and McCoy goes #3, they would already have their DT in Haynesworth and can now shop the #4 for a king's ransom to any team interested in Bradford. That actually might be what the Lions are hoping for.

But it doesn't make sense when you consider rumors (how founded they are in reality, I don't know) that we already have considered Trent Williams at the #4 pick as well since he is quicker, more agile, and a better fit in a zone blocking scheme. No way I'd give up Fat Al (who as fat, lazy, and selfish as he is is still a very good DT) for what isn't much more than a sideways move at OT.

Hmmm...the more I think about this, the more I think it's possible that this is a battle of smokescreens. DET could have seen our interest in Okung and started the rumor that they were considering him, hoping that we'd try to trade up and maybe they can get Haynesworth out of it. Shanahan then responds by saying he likes Trent Williams better anyway, hoping DET forgets about trying to shake us down and instead just takes a DT so that Okung will be there at #4. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

But I'm still very open to Haynesworth+Portis to Detroit for either their second (which is almost like a first) or their third (which is almost like a second). Either of those picks for that pair would be a great deal for the Skins IMO.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man

Post#103 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:14 pm

Redskins signed DT Anthony Bryant, formerly of the Giants.

At 6-foot-3 and 335 pounds, Bryant has the build to play nose tackle in the 3-4, which Washington is installing under Jim Haslett. However, Bryant has failed to last long at any of his many NFL stops and will be on the bubble.

Nothing to write home about but an interesting move for sure. Not sure what it says about the possibility of trading Haynesworth, but I don't see how it would make it any LESS likely.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#104 » by LyricalRico » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:17 am

Latest on Campbell...

After signing 1-year, $3.14 million tender today, Redskins QB Jason Campbell won't report to this weekend's minicamp. He's hoping for trade.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/12061484619

Does that mean a trade is in the offing?
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man

Post#105 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:15 am

LyricalRico wrote:Latest on Campbell...

After signing 1-year, $3.14 million tender today, Redskins QB Jason Campbell won't report to this weekend's minicamp. He's hoping for trade.

I'm kind of glad Jason is pushing for a trade. The longer he lingers on the roster the greater chance we cut him somewhere between the post-draft/preseason and get nothing for him. Really hoping something gets done before the draft for a pick, stock up that O-line!
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,367

Post#106 » by verbal8 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:08 pm

NbdyBeatsTheWiz wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:Latest on Campbell...

I'm kind of glad Jason is pushing for a trade. The longer he lingers on the roster the greater chance we cut him somewhere between the post-draft/preseason and get nothing for him. Really hoping something gets done before the draft for a pick, stock up that O-line!

I think Campbell may be most likely to be traded after the draft for a pick next year. Probably to a team that does not get QB out of the draft and needs a solid back-up.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#107 » by LyricalRico » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:32 am

Ted Ginn Jr anyone? He would be a beast on kickoffs and would allow Devin Thomas to concentrate on being a full-time WR.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man

Post#108 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:36 pm

he returns punts too, right? if so, sign him up!

remember when people in Miami were crapping their pants that Ginn Jr. was taken over Brady Quinn? turns out they both were overhyped, lol.
verbal8
General Manager

Post#109 » by verbal8 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:54 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Ted Ginn Jr anyone? He would be a beast on kickoffs and would allow Devin Thomas to concentrate on being a full-time WR.

The price might be pretty reasonable since the whole league knows he is not in their long-term plans having acquired Marshall.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man

Post#110 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:13 pm

random bits of information...

By my count we signed our 3rd nose tackle of the offseason: Ma'ake Kemoeatu, Anthony Bryant, now Howard Green. None world changers, but more evidence we may be preparing for a trade. I'll let you guess who.

Also of note the Saints put their LT Jamaal Brown on the trading block. Not sure Fat Albert interests them but I'd take Jamaal and a lower pick than we've been asking (3rd or 4th), then trade out of the 4 spot in the draft for even more picks.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#111 » by LyricalRico » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:22 pm

NbdyBeatsTheWiz wrote:Also of note the Saints put their LT Jamaal Brown on the trading block. Not sure Fat Albert interests them but I'd take Jamaal and a lower pick than we've been asking (3rd or 4th), then trade out of the 4 spot in the draft for even more picks.

Interesting. Could make a lot of sense if we trade down on draft night.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man

Post#112 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:14 pm

These T.O. to D.C. rumors have me feeling all kinds of conflicted. Initially I'd have to tear my clothes and roll in ashes, maybe even go through a week or so of mourning. But then I guess I'd have to cheer for him?

We need a WR pretty bad, we just signed Hagan and Roydell Williams for crying out loud. And I don't see us using any of our limited number of picks on one. And who else is available at this point in the offseason?

If T.O. comes down off his price it wouldn't be the absolute end of the world. I mean he did show in Buffalo last year he can actually go a year without becoming a cancer. But I'd still have the impulse to go ape on anyone wearing his jersey, Skins or not.
verbal8
General Manager

Post#113 » by verbal8 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:47 pm

NbdyBeatsTheWiz wrote:These T.O. to D.C. rumors have me feeling all kinds of conflicted. Initially I'd have to tear my clothes and roll in ashes, maybe even go through a week or so of mourning. But then I guess I'd have to cheer for him?

Yeah I agree. He is one of my least favorite personalities.

NbdyBeatsTheWiz wrote:We need a WR pretty bad, we just signed Hagan and Roydell Williams for crying out loud. And I don't see us using any of our limited number of picks on one. And who else is available at this point in the offseason?

He definitely is the best option available. Holt isn't a big guy, but he has been solid even if he declined from his peak. It looks like he is going to sign with the Patriots.

NbdyBeatsTheWiz wrote:If T.O. comes down off his price it wouldn't be the absolute end of the world. I mean he did show in Buffalo last year he can actually go a year without becoming a cancer. But I'd still have the impulse to go ape on anyone wearing his jersey, Skins or not.

The good thing about the uncapped year is they can sign him to a 1 year deal. If there is too much of his BS he can just be cut.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,828

Post#114 » by Rafael122 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:41 pm

Skins trade their 5th round pick for Adam Carriker. At the rate they are going, the Skins might as well e-mail their pick to Roger Goddell and not bother showing up to the draft.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man

Post#115 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:32 pm

Rafael122 wrote:Skins trade their 5th round pick for Adam Carriker. At the rate they are going, the Skins might as well e-mail their pick to Roger Goddell and not bother showing up to the draft.

Raf, I read it's a swap of 5th round picks, the Rams moving up from the 5th they received from Philly. I think they are also swapping 7th round picks as well. Essentially we picked the guy up and moved down a couple spots in the 5th and 7th. Basically it's the Rams giving up on the guy. But seeing as Carriker was a 1st rounder just a couple years ago and he's still a young 25 years old, I'm pretty excited about the move that costs us very little. I know Jim Haslett who was his DC in STL has been pushing to trade for him since he got here, so I'll put a little trust in that. Now the guy just needs to learn to stay healthy (but hey we've gotten used to our DT's rolling on the ground...)

Now we can increase the count of DT's we've brought on this offseason to 4. Bye bye Haynesworth.
In the end this trade could allow us to actually increase our number of picks by one or two in a Haynesworth trade, and I still hear the Titans are nibbling.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,828

Post#116 » by Rafael122 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:24 pm

Yep, jumped the gun there. Initial report was we gave up our 5th.

I like it, low risk move.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#117 » by LyricalRico » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:18 am

Love the Carriker move. They are really stocking up on defensive linemen. Between the holdovers and all the new guys, they should be able to piece together a solid group come the season opener.

As for the TO talk, based on the timing (just after mini-camp and right before the draft), I think this is the new leadership craftily sending a double-pronged message. First, to let the current group of WRs know they need to pick it up. And second, it also lets the rest of the league know that we're open to upgrades at receiver if they want to call us this weekend during the draft.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,651

Post#118 » by pancakes3 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:13 am

schedule's up. 4 cupcake non-conferences - St. Louis, Detroit, Tampa Bay, and Jacksonville. 5 powerhouse non-conferences - houston, green bay, indy, tennessee and minny.

even with okung and mcnabb i'm smelling another 8-8 season.
Bullets -> Wizards
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man

Post#119 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:10 pm

The Titans were 8-8 themselves, and Houston was hardly any better at 9-7. Not exactly what I consider powerhouses, they weren't even playoff teams.

Not that I think we do much better than 8-8. I'd be happy with 9-7. Double digit wins is a pipe dream at this point.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man

Post#120 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:11 pm

Alan Faneca is now for the taking. He's old and not what he once was, but he's not washed up by any means and I hope we're all over it.

Return to Washington Football Team