[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

2010 Skins Offseason Thread

Moderator: LyricalRico

zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Jason Campbell Traded To Oakland 

Post#121 » by zilby » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:11 pm

The Washington Redskins Saturday acquired a fourth-round selection in the 2012 NFL Draft from the Oakland Raiders in exchange for quarterback Jason Campbell.

Campbell played and started 52 games, completing 1,002-of-1,637 passes for 10,860 yards, 55 touchdowns and 38 interceptions in five seasons with the Redskins.

Read more: http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... z0m2wNdOQv

Not very good value for Campbell, but he was bound to go after you guys got D. McNabb.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Re: 2010 Skins Offseason Thread (Campbell update pg.9) 

Post#122 » by LyricalRico » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:17 am

I was hoping for a third in this year's or next year's draft. To only get a 4th and have to wait two years to use it, that's pretty low. But, it had to be done and it's better than nothing. Now we can move on.
WIZKID
Senior
And1: 14

Post#123 » by WIZKID » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:50 am

The Skins getting only a 4th for Cambell (In 2 years) is a little dissapointing, but the Skins could have gotten nothing, the is how you build for future drafts. That 4th round chip with what we hope as Skins fans will be a continuation of acquiring, not surrendering the opportunity to build a future foundation aimed more toward the draft and a bit further away from free agency.

The skins are a little bit off balance because of the prior administration (*Vinny & Co.) and surrendering 3rd for Jarmon (Jury is still out on him-knee injury) and 6th for Taylor WASTED PICK.

Wish the Skins didn't have to give that conditional 3rd or 4th to philly in 2011, oh well McNabb should be worth it, hopefully.

Good Draft
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,828

Post#124 » by Rafael122 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:11 pm

Man, you know your value is low when you have to wait 2 years to get that pick. Let's hope the Raiders suck in 2011. We'll completely forget we got this pick by the way.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,367

Re: 2010 Skins Offseason Thread (McNabb update pg.4) 

Post#125 » by verbal8 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:39 pm

NbdyBeatsTheWiz wrote:Alan Faneca is now for the taking. He's old and not what he once was, but he's not washed up by any means and I hope we're all over it.

Yeah he is definitely worth at least a look.
verbal8
General Manager

Re: 2010 Skins Offseason Thread (McNabb update pg.4) 

Post#126 » by verbal8 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:12 am

verbal8 wrote:
NbdyBeatsTheWiz wrote:Alan Faneca is now for the taking. He's old and not what he once was, but he's not washed up by any means and I hope we're all over it.

Yeah he is definitely worth at least a look.

Unfortunately he signed with the Cardinals :(
verbal8
General Manager

Post#127 » by verbal8 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:13 am

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/16842/20100427/russell_could_land_in_nfc_east/ The only way to make trading Jason Campbell away a worse deal. Adding a "psuedo-trade" for JaMarcus Russell. I think J-A-M-A-R-C-U-S is a new way to spell bust.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#128 » by LyricalRico » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:25 pm

Any interest in Darren Sharper? If he's healthy, he solves our FS position and allows Landry to play closer to the line of scrimmage. That would make our secondary darn good and pretty much complete the defense IMO.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#129 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:00 am

^ That hadn't even crossed my mind, Rico, but it makes plenty of sense. We would still need LB help, but our secondary would be looking quite legit.

Clady tearing up his knee playing b'ball in Denver may end up hurting us. I was hoping we at least take a look at signing Flozell Adams, but Denver may scoop him now, especially with the power blocking scheme they run.

I hope someting similar happens to a DT situation somewhere in the league, thereby spiking Haynesworth's trade value back up...
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#130 » by LyricalRico » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:44 pm

NbdyBeatsTheWiz wrote:^ That hadn't even crossed my mind, Rico, but it makes plenty of sense. We would still need LB help, but our secondary would be looking quite legit.

Hey, maybe go after Sharper and Adalius Thomas (who is a 3-4 guy and could help with implementing the system). The problem is that neither is a longterm answer but they both probably want multi-year deals, especially Sharper. Maybe we could sign them to multi-year deals that are structured to pay big guaranteed money in the first year but the cost to waive them next year if they aren't productive is very little. I would love to do that.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#131 » by LyricalRico » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:30 am

Darren Sharper left his visit with the Jaguars on Thursday without a contract, according to a league source, but the two sides remain in dialogue following a productive discussion.

The Pro Bowl safety made his first visit to Jacksonville on Wednesday, spending the night there and departing for the airport Thursday afternoon. The Saints remain interested in re-signing Sharper and have been in contact with his agent throughout the offseason.

Miami and Washington could also be teams to monitor, as both have a need at free safety.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

:clap:
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man

Post#132 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:37 am

LyricalRico wrote:
Darren Sharper left his visit with the Jaguars on Thursday without a contract, according to a league source, but the two sides remain in dialogue following a productive discussion.

The Pro Bowl safety made his first visit to Jacksonville on Wednesday, spending the night there and departing for the airport Thursday afternoon. The Saints remain interested in re-signing Sharper and have been in contact with his agent throughout the offseason.

Miami and Washington could also be teams to monitor, as both have a need at free safety.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

:clap:

Miami is pursuing Thomas too. Hopefully Ireland and Parcells blow this as bad as they did the Dez Bryant interview...
verbal8
General Manager

Post#133 » by verbal8 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:24 pm

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/16863/20100429/redskins_also_add_bobby_wade/

I wonder if they see Wade as a Kick Returner? I am not sure of the wisdom of adding 2 small receivers. I guess they are trying to use a training camp competition to fill the WR and RB spots.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man

Post#134 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:39 pm

to calm the flames of eternal hope that burn bright each offseason, here's ESPN's post draft power rankings and who we're lumped in with:

22) Chicago (22) – I just don’t see Mike Martz and Jay Cutler as a good marriage.

23) Jacksonville (23) – Stuck with an average QB, young team in a strong division.

24) Oakland (24) – Going to be moving up this list and messing things up for a lot of opponents.

25) Seattle (25) – While Seahawks have done well, Carroll has a lot of roster rebuilding still ahead.

26) Buffalo (26) – Hard to find anything to get excited about here, unfortunately.

27) Cleveland (27) – Just don’t see them close to Baltimore’s level; Holmgren needs time.

28) Washington (28) – Mishmash of old running backs among my chief concerns.

29) Kansas City (29) – I don’t have big faith in Matt Cassell yet; new coordinators are intriguing.

30) Tampa Bay (30) – Still wonder if Morris is in over his head.

31) Detroit (31) – Bad division to make a lot of progress in.

32) St. Louis (32) – Sam Bradford is a start, but finish is a long way off.

Not exactly the company I want to be in at the end of next season...
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man

Post#135 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Mon May 3, 2010 4:03 pm

Among a few other names Marko Mitchell just got cut. A little surprising seeing as in a lot of desktop GM's (who of course never see practices but ate up the buzz he built last preseason) thought he had more promise than Devin Thomas or Kelly. The WR cuts had to start sooner or later, we had ELEVEN just last week and will probably keep what, like 5 or 6??
verbal8
General Manager

Post#136 » by verbal8 » Mon May 3, 2010 7:39 pm

NbdyBeatsTheWiz wrote:Among a few other names Marko Mitchell just got cut. A little surprising seeing as in a lot of desktop GM's (who of course never see practices but ate up the buzz he built last preseason) thought he had more promise than Devin Thomas or Kelly. The WR cuts had to start sooner or later, we had ELEVEN just last week and will probably keep what, like 5 or 6??

It is not completely shocking that Marko Mitchell got cut, but that he was cut so early is a little surprising. I hope it means the Skins like what they have seen from Thomas and Kelly.

Are there any interesting cuts in the rest of the league(especially OL)?
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#137 » by LyricalRico » Mon May 3, 2010 10:06 pm

Well, we can forget about Sharper. He's staying in NO.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#138 » by LyricalRico » Wed May 12, 2010 1:08 am

Even though the Washington Redskins have added Larry Johnson and Willie Parker to a backfield that includes Clinton Portis, the team has invited Brian Westbrook for a visit on Wednesday, according to sources.

Westbrook comes highly recommended by his former Eagles teammate, Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb, who apparently has made his case for the running back since McNabb was acquired by Washington in a trade, a source said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5180302

Another RB? I do have to admit that a healthy Westbrook would be a huckuva third down back, especially considering his chemistry with McNabb.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man

Post#139 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Wed May 12, 2010 12:43 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
Even though the Washington Redskins have added Larry Johnson and Willie Parker to a backfield that includes Clinton Portis, the team has invited Brian Westbrook for a visit on Wednesday, according to sources.

Westbrook comes highly recommended by his former Eagles teammate, Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb, who apparently has made his case for the running back since McNabb was acquired by Washington in a trade, a source said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5180302

Another RB? I do have to admit that a healthy Westbrook would be a huckuva third down back, especially considering his chemistry with McNabb.

I heard he was in town for some Dematha event and we likely just brought him in for the heck of it and to appease McNabb. But I'm with you Lyrical, we have 3 backs in CP LJ and Willie that have very little receiving skill, something that's important in a 3rd down back. If we signed him to play on 3rd downs behind CP or LJ, I wouldn't sweat it at all.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#140 » by LyricalRico » Thu May 13, 2010 4:40 pm

Anyone up for bringing Shawne Merriman home?

Return to Washington Football Team