[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Official Game Thread: Skins vs 49ers

Moderator: LyricalRico

Who will win?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 6, 2011 2:35 pm

Skins
No votes
49ers
100%

Total votes: 2

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Re: Official Game Thread: Skins vs 49ers 

Post#21 » by LyricalRico » Mon Nov 7, 2011 7:40 pm

^ Agreed. The defense was definitely overpraised at the beginning of the season and they are currently on a downward trend. If San Fran had a legit NFL QB, they could have hung 30+ on us. Kerrigan has been a nice addition, but they still need several new defensive starters next season IMO (one of which might end up being the now injured Jarvis Jenkins).
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,828

Post#22 » by Rafael122 » Mon Nov 7, 2011 8:18 pm

The defense is on the field for what it feels like the entire game, could you blame them if they can't stop anyone in the 4th quarter? They've been out there practically the whole game.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#23 » by hands11 » Tue Nov 8, 2011 3:53 am

The D has been holding teams under their average. That makes them above average right there.

When you consider they do it without any offense, that bumps them up a little.

Are they elite. Hell no. But they are definitely above average and better then they have looked.

But I like what they did on offense. They went to Hulu over the Train which I said before the game I thought was the right move. Just image what it would have looked like if they didnt do that. Now that said, Hulu majorly messed up with that fumble and that really hurt. But he is young. That can be corrected.

They also started a young WR and a guard. And they looked better on offense then the previous game. Faint praise but still something.

They have to take a step up on offense next game or else this ship is going straight to the bottom.
Which might not be such a bad thing. Get a high pick and get ride of Kyle and probably Trent Williams. I just dont think the player respond to Kyle. You want to players to want to give it all for their coach. I dont get that feeling about Kyle. He is a weenie.

Didnt we have another father son thing here. Was it Marty ? I can't remember. I must have erased it from my mind.

Snyder blow it again. He should have turned it over to Greg Williams.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,828

Post#24 » by Rafael122 » Tue Nov 8, 2011 12:50 pm

Gregg Williams is overrated. His Saints Ds have been awful.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#25 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 8, 2011 2:15 pm

Nivek wrote:The defense deserves better? Where was the defense the last few weeks when they were getting pwned by Buffalo, Philly and Carolina? Where was the defense when they couldn't stop a Dallas offense that couldn't even line up properly?

I agree that the offense sucks, but this isn't some championship level defense. It's a little better than average -- definitely good enough to win some games if the offense was any good. But it's not elite. They still need help at inside linebacker, safety and corner.

But other than not being able to stop the run and the pass when it really matters, the defense is fine.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 112

Post#26 » by W. Unseld » Tue Nov 8, 2011 10:29 pm

My main focus now is on rooting for the Colts to win one more game than Miami. We aren't getting Luck but I think if the Colts pick 2nd instead of first they will not go qb. If they don't go qb we could end up with the 2nd or 3rd best qb b/c St. Louis isn't going to go qb either. I'm hoping/thinking that neither the Cards nor Jacksonville would go qb in the first round so the only other team we would have to worry about would be Seattle which would shock me if they don't go qb but stranger things have happened.

Alternatively we raid the Packers the way we used to raid the Jets and go for their back up plus one of their surplus WR's.

Return to Washington Football Team