[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

GRADING THE PICK & THEN THE DRAFT

Moderator: LyricalRico

long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#21 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue May 1, 2007 1:52 am

Scabs304 wrote:I was going to give the pick a C but his name is Laron so I had to atleast give him an B-. I really don't like the pick I believe we would of been better suited going D-Line if we couldn't find a trade partner and getting a few extra picks this year and a late first next year. Laron Landry is another big time safety and should improve are defense but not sure if I want to have that money put into the safeties.

Someone answer me this... how can there be more than one The Ron?
In Rizzo we trust
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 112

Post#22 » by W. Unseld » Tue May 1, 2007 2:42 am

Rafael122 wrote:Some undrafted free agent signings:

Terry Caulley - RB out of UConn
Jesse Wendt - WR out of Wisconsin-Stout
Taylor Sele - WR out of Boston College
Zach Latimer - LB out of Oklahoma

Sweet, still no d-line help.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#23 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue May 1, 2007 3:02 am

W. Unseld wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Sweet, still no d-line help.

W. Unseld, you seem pretty knowledgeable about goings on around the NFL.

Which D-linemen around the league are likely to be salary cap casualties this summer?

Which O-linemen?

It's kind of hard to figure out what the Skins brass is doing (or who the Skins brass is for that matter). But, we obviously have taken a risky road this offseason thus far in the trenches.

If, and these are big ifs, Golston develops like he looks like he might and Griffin stays healthy and Carter bulks up a bit and gets more comfortable with the scheme in his second year and if Daniels returns to late 1995 form, our D-line could be ok.

But, I'm wondering how we are going to replace Dockery and what in the world are we going to do if we get an injury on the O line.
In Rizzo we trust
Da HomeTeam
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#24 » by Da HomeTeam » Tue May 1, 2007 5:29 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:-=
If, and these are big ifs, Golston develops like he looks like he might and Griffin stays healthy and Carter bulks up a bit and gets more comfortable with the scheme in his second year and if Daniels returns to late 1995 form, our D-line could be ok.

Those are GIGANTIC if's.
R.I.P. #21 - Gone but not forgotten!
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,829

Post#25 » by Rafael122 » Tue May 1, 2007 7:20 pm

See, here's the thing, we've got 16 defensive linemen on the roster. Yes, you read that right...16! Last year's team was marred by injuries, Shawn Springs, Carlos Rogers, Griffin, Salavea, Daniels etc. There was no consistency at all because of the constant injuries. You had to ask two rookies who were mid-round picks to become starters and they did surprisingly well. Just two years ago, Daniels was a monster, he had what...9 sacks in that playoff year?

All I'm saying is, once we get Daniels and Griffin fully healthy, as well as Shawn Springs, the defense will be OK. Do remember that last year we also had 12 takeaways in 16 games so we had to do something in our secondary, which is what a lot of the media 'experts' are ignoring. We couldn't pass the rusher or come up with interceptions. You can plug just about any Joe in a defensive scheme and he'd do alright. This is also Carter's 2nd year under Williams' system.

We'll be fine. The defensive line is not the end all be all and I'm not that worried that we didn't pick up a linemen in the draft.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 112

Post#26 » by W. Unseld » Tue May 1, 2007 9:18 pm

Long suffrin', I don't know (b/c no one really does) but I'm told the June 1 cuts (the cap casualties) will be fairly slim this year b/c of the increase in the cap amounts. Thus the oft injured Kris Jenkins is the only name guy I have heard of and I know Carolina needs a safety, we now have some back ups to spare...(not Landry or Taylor)

Rafael, I would love it if you were right but Daniels is at an age now where he might not ever return to form and I can't remember a season where Griffin didn't miss time or get SERIOUSLY dinged up.

I think you said earlier and you're right that GW uses so many different formations that we should be able to mask things but wouldn't it be nice to get automatic pressure from the front 4 like some teams do? I just thought it could have been addressed and now between STaylor, the two back up safeties, Landry and Archuletta's dead cap room we are heavily invested in the safety position.
Da HomeTeam
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#27 » by Da HomeTeam » Wed May 2, 2007 10:24 pm

I wanted to start a free agency thread but given the lunacy on the Wiz board i'll just post in this thread.

I still think we need a BIG receiver. I'm not a big Keyshaun fan, and I know alot of people aren't - but he certainly fills a need. A good BIG possession receiver. Teams are starting to get wise to Cooley, Santana is big play, Randle-El is gimmicky.

I think pluggin ole Meshaun in the slot could be a solution. Not sure what his asking price is, but if its reasonable I think he's worth a 1-year deal. That would definately be a formidable line-up.

The other thing is that JC isn't always that accurate but I think Keyshaun could mitigate that with his size, knowledge of the game, and good hands. plus he's a good blocker. His game is Art Monkesque his mouth is pure Deion.
R.I.P. #21 - Gone but not forgotten!
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#28 » by Wizards2Lottery » Wed May 2, 2007 11:53 pm

Nah ignore the big WR issue for this year. We can target Marcus Monk next year. Hes 6'6 and 225 pounds. Huge WR for Arkansas.

Hes not related to Art Monk but it would be cool to have another Monk on the team...
Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Post#29 » by Scabs304 » Thu May 3, 2007 4:57 am

We have much bigger/pressing needs than a BIG POSS reciever.
I am Scabs.

Return to Washington Football Team