[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Official Redskins vs. Dolphins 9/9

Moderator: LyricalRico

Soup's Uncle
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#21 » by Soup's Uncle » Fri Sep 7, 2007 7:26 pm

I'm callin two pickles tomorrow. Smoot will get one, and either Landry and Taylor will get one. Landry will also get a sack, and so will London Fletcher.
F Street = Wall Street
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,629

Post#22 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Sep 8, 2007 12:53 am

Soup's Uncle wrote:I'm callin two pickles tomorrow. Smoot will get one, and either Landry and Taylor will get one. Landry will also get a sack, and so will London Fletcher.

Well it ought to be very interesting watching Jason Campbell :D against the Dolphins defense. With him at QB you can't possibly expect the Skins to put up huge numbers offensively hence making this a close game any way you look at it. I predict a 13-10 score and a 50/50 chance that either team wins.
Also how does a game against the Dolphins constitute a confidence builder if they even do beat them? It's not like Miami is supposed to be this great team. If you guys were playing the Chargers and you beat them then I could see it as a confidence boost.
Makes no sense how you dog Miami yet say it will give the Redskins confidence if you beat them.
Barely squeeking by none the less. If you dominate the Fins 35-0 I will say you guys are for real. I like the Redskins and I hope you guys make the playoffs this year.
tsvqt
Veteran
And1: 22

Post#23 » by tsvqt » Sat Sep 8, 2007 1:17 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well it ought to be very interesting watching Jason Campbell :D against the Dolphins defense. With him at QB you can't possibly expect the Skins to put up huge numbers offensively hence making this a close game any way you look at it. I predict a 13-10 score and a 50/50 chance that either team wins.
Also how does a game against the Dolphins constitute a confidence builder if they even do beat them? It's not like Miami is supposed to be this great team. If you guys were playing the Chargers and you beat them then I could see it as a confidence boost.
Makes no sense how you dog Miami yet say it will give the Redskins confidence if you beat them.
Barely squeeking by none the less. If you dominate the Fins 35-0 I will say you guys are for real. I like the Redskins and I hope you guys make the playoffs this year.

It's like this, if we can come out and dominate the game on both sides of the ball and get a very convincing win, that'll give us "confidence" errrr momentum going into a Monday night matchup with the class of our division, the Philadelphia Eagles. They are the majority of the experts selection to win the division. If we come out and get one of those "moral" (13-10) victories errrr squeak out a win vs the Dolphins, I don't see us going into Philly with a lot of confidence. I see us going in their like the little engine....."I think I can, I think I can". When we beat the crap outta Miami, we'll go into Philly saying....."I KNOW WE CAN, I KNOW WE CAN"!!
Retired Air Force
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#24 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Sep 8, 2007 3:38 am

But you are not going to beat the crap out of Miami. They have a defense that keeps them in games it doesn't matter how crappy their offense is.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#25 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Sep 8, 2007 12:14 pm

Too bad your offense won't score a single TD the entire game. You might get lucky and get in field goal range but your kicker is Jay Feely so there goes that thought.

After the Seahawks, we have the best 4-3 LB's in the league. You won't run the ball on us, nor will you have time to complete deep passes. Short completions is what you will have to live by, and I doubt any of your recievers have the balls to catch a pass near Sean Taylor and LaRon Landry.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#26 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Sep 8, 2007 5:03 pm

Whatever we will just have to see come Sunday. You act like your team is so great when really they are a shade below an 8-8 team.
Please........
tsvqt
Veteran

Post#27 » by tsvqt » Sun Sep 9, 2007 1:23 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:But you are not going to beat the crap out of Miami. They have a defense that keeps them in games it doesn't matter how crappy their offense is.

Your defense may not give up a single touchdown, but your offense may very well give up one........or two!! :nod:
Retired Air Force
tkunit
Head Coach
And1: 7

Post#28 » by tkunit » Sun Sep 9, 2007 4:49 pm

I got the skin 17-9
newslowsad
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#29 » by newslowsad » Sun Sep 9, 2007 5:44 pm

de ja vu for jansen
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,834

Post#30 » by Rafael122 » Sun Sep 9, 2007 5:44 pm

Looks like Jansen is done for the rest of the year, when they bring out the cart, it's not good. AT ALL. Not sure if it was his left knee or the Achilles.

Time for Heyer to step up for this game, and Wade next week, since he's inactive for Week 1.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#31 » by LyricalRico » Sun Sep 9, 2007 6:36 pm

Rafael122 wrote:Looks like Jansen is done for the rest of the year, when they bring out the cart, it's not good. AT ALL. Not sure if it was his left knee or the Achilles.

Initial report was a dislocated ankle. I realize that it was a freak circumstance out of his control but I said it last season and Jansen is no longer the "rock" that he was for his first 4 or 5 years. Too bad that Wade is the same way.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#32 » by LyricalRico » Sun Sep 9, 2007 6:42 pm

"Preseason? I don't need no stinkin' preseason!" - Clinton Portis

:rockon:
tkunit
Head Coach

Post#33 » by tkunit » Sun Sep 9, 2007 6:54 pm

tough break for Jansen, and the play should have been called dead in teh first place makes it even worse.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#34 » by Rafael122 » Sun Sep 9, 2007 7:32 pm

Wade is a better right tackle than Jansen, but Heyer has done a pretty good job filling in today. Maybe we have depth on the offensive line after all. And Lyrical, thats cold dude. Thomas rolled over Jansen's lower leg, how that can be put on Jansen is beyond me.
tkunit
Head Coach

Post#35 » by tkunit » Sun Sep 9, 2007 8:01 pm

holy ****, I think my heart skipped a beat when he caught that.

Betts running over samels was funnny

Edit: the charges in all that white, hurts my eyes to try and watch.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#36 » by Rafael122 » Sun Sep 9, 2007 8:21 pm

Yeah that was close.

16-13 'Skins victory.

Some quick thoughts: Heyer did a very good job filling in for Jon Jansen, and the offensive line dominated their defensive line and linebackers. Campbell got some very good protection throughout the game.

Running game was solid, Portis looked healthy, his runs looked really good.

Defense...our linebackers were pretty good, our defensive line stopped the run well, but our secondary was horrendous. Rogers, and Smoot in particular did not have a good game. They threw at Smoot virtually the entire game, and he missed a sure pick for a TD late in the game. No excuse for that.

Jason Campbell's two picks were not his fault. Lloyd didn't fight for the ball in the endzone, that was pathetic. And Cooley ran his route a yard or two longer than necessary. I liked what I saw from him though, strong arm, a bit inaccurate with his passes though. He had Moss wide open for a TD in the third quarter I think and overthrew him.

Overall, I give the offensive a B, and the defense a B-.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#37 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sun Sep 9, 2007 8:56 pm

Almost had a heart attack during the game. A few thoughts:

1. Stephon Heyer is the future. I love this guy. Great job by the Skins scouting team.

2. Campbell can be great but he needs to work on his short throws.

3. Portis and Betts <3

4. I give up on Carlos Rogers
tsvqt
Veteran

Post#38 » by tsvqt » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:29 am

O-Line gets an "A". I LOVED Heyer in the preseason, and as I mentioned back then, I may have to get me a HEYER jersey!
CB's get a freakin' "D-".
Campbell gets a "C". The picks were not necessarily his fault, but I agree with the announcers, he throws too high of a pass at times. He also throws a step behind his receivers occasionally as well. I like the fact that he can throw deep, and he knows when to move in the pocket. I think he'll get better and better as the season goes on. I love the fact that he's established a good reporte with Randle El because El is on my fantasy team!
Overall Defense gets a "B-". (CB's brought there grade down from an A) The touchdown given up at the half was uncalled for. Mainly Carlos Rogers fault, but where was the pressure? Maybe if Rogers ran in front of the receiver instead of behind him, he would have been in a better position to defend the pass.
I hope Campbell, Cooley and Moss work really hard this week to get a rythem down. Campbell missing those preseason games really hurt.
Our running game should be one of the best in the league this year. Add a few carries by a 284lb fullback, ooooooh, scary!! :nod:
Already looking forward to next Monday night. Philly is on the ropes with that loss to Green Bay. :clap:
Can't forget to mention the kicker!! Way to go Mr Squeeze-em!! :bowdown:
Retired Air Force
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#39 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:02 am

I dont think the corners were that bad. We only gave up 8 catches to WR's. More than 70% of Greens passes were to running backs on checkdowns.

I was dissapointing by Carlos Rogers. I think he needs to get his vision tested. His body is not coordinated with his eyes.
Soup's Uncle
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#40 » by Soup's Uncle » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:23 pm

Is Shawn Spings hurt again? Why didn't he start? I heard Smoot started instead. Smoot was gettin' beat like a redneck kid.
F Street = Wall Street

Return to Washington Football Team