[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Official Redskins @ Eagles - 9/17/07

Moderator: LyricalRico

Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#21 » by Wizards2Lottery » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:07 pm

Our secondary is amazing. Our linebackers are amazing and our DT's are ripping the middle apart.

This defense is for real. Offense? I see inconsistency but our offense is good enough to spot 20+ every week.

We have a strong running game, stingy defense and a QB who can light it up deep and come through in clutch moments.

:nod:
jmrosenth
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 108

Post#22 » by jmrosenth » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:35 pm

Miami and Philly aren't exactly the cream of the crop when it comes to offenses. Don't go drinking the Kool-Aid just yet. The Redskins will probably be a middle of the pack offense, but they won't be a top 10, even top 15, defense, without getting a better pass rush from their D-Line and forcing some TO's. An INT would be nice one of these days. That said, any improvement from the D is welcome over last year's abomination.
[quote:6312c12ed1="imperium1999"]
i had had two martinis at this point so i asked her if he every shouted DAGGER in the bedroom with her.

she looked at me kinda strangely and said she had no idea what DAGGER meant.
[/quote]
likwitdesi
Starter
And1: 60

Post#23 » by likwitdesi » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:44 pm

jmrosenth wrote:Jason Campbell is one cool cucumber. He made another bad throw for an INT and overthrew a sure TD late to Moss, but otherwise he was very solid. The dude can sling it, there's no doubt, and he's showing a presence out there. I like how Gibbs is letting JC take some chances down the field. The deep throw to Moss in the 1st quarter and the TD throw to Cooley were beautiful. Also, ESPN did a little thing last night where they showed JC' going through his progressions. I think this is a sign of a good QB...the ability to keep your options open and not zero in on any one target on any specific play. It keeps the defense honest and buys your receiver options more time to get open. In watching the Giants game on Sunday, I noticed Eli Manning doesn't do it that well.

The secondary played awesome last night. Springs and Rogers shut down their WRs and the Landry/Taylor combination were just knocking the snot out of people. And Rocky has been a huge lift for the defense...still not sure why he was benched all of last season.

Losing Thomas is a killer, much worse than Jansen. A torn triceps is usually a season-ender. Is Fabini the answer for the rest of the season? I have no idea what our depth is at G. Maybe they can coax some veteran out of retirement.

Will Shields :D
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#24 » by Wizards2Lottery » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:50 pm

jmrosenth wrote:Miami and Philly aren't exactly the cream of the crop when it comes to offenses. Don't go drinking the Kool-Aid just yet. The Redskins will probably be a middle of the pack offense, but they won't be a top 10, even top 15, defense, without getting a better pass rush from their D-Line and forcing some TO's. An INT would be nice one of these days. That said, any improvement from the D is welcome over last year's abomination.

2 sacks against Miami, 3 last night against the Eagles. What do you guys want? We won't have the Ravens defense. We've given up 1 TD in two games. Were a top 5 defense in terms of third down percentage. We have the stingiest pass defense in the league so far allowing a measily 5 YPC.

Now before we discredit the Eagles, this is the same team that has dominated us with friggin Todd Pinkston and James Thrash at WR. Now could it be that our defense is that good, that we made them look like a clueless Steve Spurrier team?

Whatever, this defense is built to keep teams out of the endzone. We will be amongst the league leaders when it comes to not allowing a lot of points. I just find it amusing that even the media is drinking our kool aid now but fans still are questioning the strength.
likwitdesi
Starter
And1: 60

Post#25 » by likwitdesi » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:53 pm

jmrosenth wrote:Miami and Philly aren't exactly the cream of the crop when it comes to offenses. Don't go drinking the Kool-Aid just yet. The Redskins will probably be a middle of the pack offense, but they won't be a top 10, even top 15, defense, without getting a better pass rush from their D-Line and forcing some TO's. An INT would be nice one of these days. [/b]That said, any improvement from the D is welcome over last year's abomination.

I think you are wrong about this. We've never had a good pass rush from the DLine, yet we have had a top 10 defense 2 out of the 3 years Williams has been here. Our run defense is phenomenal. Yes, Westbrook had a big game yesterday, but that is because he is the rare shifty star back that this defense has had problems with (another one being Tiki). We are good at handling power backs. Our pass defense looks good too when our corners are allowed to go man-to-man and don't use a 15-yard cushion. As long as Montgomery continues to eat up blockers, Griff and Carter continue to get pressure, and Daniels stays solid against the run, we will be a top 15 defense, at least, guaranteed.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#26 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:04 am

After a couple of days to digest the game, I'm still having a hard time knowing what to make of it all.

Good: Gibbs seems to be playing to win instead of to not lose (two calls exemplify that... the late 2nd quarter td and the missed bomb to Moss). Bend not break defense really hasn't broken. Safety play has been really good. Some great, great throws by Campbell and some timely running by the big guy (man it's nice to have a qb who can scramble after all the stiffs we've had over the past two plus decades).

Bad: Gibbs still can't get plays in on time in crucial situations (especially late at night). Randy Thomas's tricep... ugh. Some really bad missed throws by Campbell. Lack of turnovers created.

Starting 2-0, beating a division rival at their place in prime time... these are things that can create team-wide chemistry and momentum. Let's keep it rolling boys.
In Rizzo we trust
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#27 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:26 pm

Campbell I feel is still feeling his way around a little and will get better as the season progresses. So I'm not all that worried about the miss to Moss. I have a feeling he'll get some more chances this season and make them.

I'm worried about injuries on the offensive and defensive line, those are piling up awful fast.
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,829

Post#28 » by Rafael122 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:55 pm

There's too much unnecessary pressure on Campbell. It was his 8th start, anyone expecting him to be Manning or Dan Marino right away are kidding themselves. He's doing exactly what he should be doing at this stage in his development.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#29 » by LyricalRico » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:34 pm

Rafael122 wrote:There's too much unnecessary pressure on Campbell. It was his 8th start, anyone expecting him to be Manning or Dan Marino right away are kidding themselves. He's doing exactly what he should be doing at this stage in his development.

Agreed. In fact, the Skins being able to win in spite of Campbell's mistakes is very encouraging. If the light fully turns on at some point this season the Skins would be very dangerous.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#30 » by Wizards2Lottery » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:13 pm

The light will fully turn in this season. Campbell is a playmaker. He excells in the clutch.

Return to Washington Football Team