[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Official Thread - Skins vs Patriots

Moderator: LyricalRico

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,184

Post#21 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:47 pm

My dad's older than Gibbs, but he said to me he thinks they need to fire Gibbs. Dad says the coaching staff can't change with the times.

He blamed the playcalling yesterday.
Bye bye Beal.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 112

Post#22 » by W. Unseld » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:12 pm

I haven't been thrilled w/playcalling too often this season but I don't think that's what caused that yesterday. Also, if I were coaching the Skins and Bellichek went for it on 4th and 2 in the 4th quarter up 38-0 with all of the starters still in I would instruct my players to ignore the whistle and injure Brady. Yep, that is still p*ssing me off.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by W. Unseld » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:55 pm

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

See the above link explaining that Gibbs has had opportunities to run up the score but has not.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,184

Post#24 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:28 am

W. Unseld wrote:I haven't been thrilled w/playcalling too often this season but I don't think that's what caused that yesterday. Also, if I were coaching the Skins and Bellichek went for it on 4th and 2 in the 4th quarter up 38-0 with all of the starters still in I would instruct my players to ignore the whistle and injure Brady. Yep, that is still p*ssing me off.
I'm the same way, W. I believe in sending a message to anybody that just wants to embarass another team.

Late hits and other personal fouls, if I were coaching I'd pay my players' fines if anybody got fined or suspended if they did it because the opponent was just running up the score.

I missed the game for the Skins (thankfully) due to church and family stuff and (fortunately) forgot to Tivo it.

Had I seen Belichik running it up I'd be real upset, too.
Bye bye Beal.
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#25 » by greenbeans » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:24 pm

well if they couldnt stop a MATT CASSEL td run then how could they intentionally injure Brady??? they couldnt do one thing right all day. dont ya think its sad that the only time your players got mad or said anything was when they were safe in their locker room??? i would be.

it aint right to run up the score, but you guys should blame goodell for this. were just proving a point and its unfortunate for anybody on the schedule this year
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by W. Unseld » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:32 pm

greenbeans wrote:well if they couldnt stop a MATT CASSEL td run then how could they intentionally injure Brady??? they couldnt do one thing right all day. dont ya think its sad that the only time your players got mad or said anything was when they were safe in their locker room??? i would be.

it aint right to run up the score, but you guys should blame goodell for this. were just proving a point and its unfortunate for anybody on the schedule this year

Greenbeans, I actually got my first chuckle out of this whole situation with your "if they couldn't stop Matt Cassel how could they succesfully injure Brady" line. You have to beat a team down to allow yourself a nice, big safe margin of victory. But it's clear to everyone that it went beyond that. As for the Skins players, you will get no argument from me that they s#cked (or that the Pats were dominate or both--take your pick) but the players did say stuff on the field after the game. I don't think they have the ability to call a press conference and say something during the game.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#27 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:24 pm

W. Unseld wrote:I haven't been thrilled w/playcalling too often this season but I don't think that's what caused that yesterday. Also, if I were coaching the Skins and Bellichek went for it on 4th and 2 in the 4th quarter up 38-0 with all of the starters still in I would instruct my players to ignore the whistle and injure Brady. Yep, that is still p*ssing me off.

I agree sort of. It came to me a day or so late, but if I were Greg Williams and the Pats were pulling some of the sh-t they were late in the game, I'd call an 11 man rush... let the Pats score but make da*n sure you get a good, hard lick on Brady.

That way, you send a good, hard message within the laws of the game, so no suspensions, no fines. Hell, I'd have been ok with 80-7 if the 'Skins could have gotten a good hard lick in there somewhere.

And all that spiking the ball and celebrating points 39-52... I might have to have committed a personal foul somewhere there.
In Rizzo we trust

Return to Washington Football Team