[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Official Sean Taylor Memorial Thread

Moderator: LyricalRico

Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

Post#21 » by Rooster » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:33 pm

W. Unseld wrote:B/c pure Redskins websites such as extremeskins, warpath etc. are so cluttered, I would really appreciate it if people posted any investigation updates that they learn of to this thread. I really want to know all I can about what actually happened here and I think a lot of other people do as well.

I concur.

Have you guys all read the ESPN coverage yet? Really interesting stuff. They have about 6-8 articles with reporters talking to players, coaches, etc. from various teams.
Schadenfreude wrote:Not going to lie, if I found out that one of the seemingly illiterate morons we'd banned on the Raptors board was Primoz Brezec, it'd pretty much make my decade.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#22 » by LyricalRico » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:27 pm

Some of the latest from ESPN...

Miami-Dade police director Robert Parker said Wednesday there were no indications the slain 24-year-old was targeted or knew his assailant.

"There's nothing that indicates thus far that there's some kind of involvement on the victim's part," said Parker, adding it was "more like a random event."

Police have no suspects in the fatal shooting.

"We have no reason to think this was anything other than a burglary or a robbery involving an intruder," Parker said.

Police are still investigating, however, a possible link to a Nov. 17 break-in at Taylor's home, in which police said someone pried open a front window, rifled through drawers and left a kitchen knife on a bed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3131704

Still in disbelief of his childhood friend's shooting death, Arizona Cardinals cornerback Antrel Rolle vowed Wednesday to make sure Sean Taylor is remembered.

He added he did not believe the killing was part of a burglary gone sour, and that Taylor had many enemies on the streets of Miami.

"This was not the first incident," Rolle said. "They've been targeting him for three years now."

Rolle said many former "friends" had it in for Taylor, who was trying to build a more stable life.

"He really didn't say too much," Rolle said, "but I know he lived his life pretty much scared every day of his life when he was down in Miami because those people were targeting him. At least, he's got peace now."

<snip>

"They say it was a burglary. It absolutely was not a burglary," he said. "Down South, where we're from, there were many people talking to Sean, a lot of jealousy, a lot of angry people.

"Sean, he had a large group of friends, and he no longer hung out with those friends, so you never know where this came from."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3132378

I agree with Rolle - this wasn't a burglary gone wrong. This was an intentional hit on Taylor, probably with the intent to end his career. The gunman just happened to hit the wrong artery and Sean died.

Hopefully this is sparking conversation between parents and their children about getting involved with the wrong crowd. I can come back to haunt you years later, even if you no longer practice that kind of lifestyle.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#23 » by LyricalRico » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:07 pm

Looks like they're making progress with the case:

MIAMI (AP) - Police have detained at least three people in the Fort Myers area for questioning in the death of Washington Redskins football star Sean Taylor.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7508184?MSNHPHMA
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#24 » by LyricalRico » Sat Dec 1, 2007 8:41 pm

The latest:

Charles Wardlow, Eric Rivera and Venjah Hunte were denied bond during a brief court appearance via videoconference in Fort Myers. The fourth suspect, Jason Mitchell, was charged Saturday afternoon and had not made a court appearance.

All four are charged with unpremeditated murder in Taylor's death, a killing police said was unplanned and arose out of a burglary at the player's home. They're also charged with armed burglary and home invasion with a firearm or another deadly weapon.

The four were arrested Friday in southwest Florida, about 100 miles from Miami.

Miami-Dade County police Director Robert Parker said the suspects didn't expect Taylor to be home when they broke in early Monday, but the Redskins safety was recuperating from a knee injury and had returned from Washington. When Taylor surprised them, he was shot.

"They were certainly not looking to go there and kill anyone," Parker said. "They were expecting a residence that was not occupied. So murder or shooting someone was not their initial motive."

Authorities said they had more than one confession, but Parker would not elaborate.

Wilbur Smith, the attorney representing Rivera, said Saturday he expected a speedy resolution.

"Don't expect this to be a long, drawn-out thing," he told The News-Press of Fort Myers. "Because there are confessions, I believe this will be quickly resolved."

Although some media reports identified his client as the one who pulled the trigger, Smith said he had not yet spoken extensively with Rivera to determine if that's true. He said his client was remorseful.

Link
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,834

Post#25 » by Rafael122 » Sun Dec 2, 2007 4:39 pm

One of those instances where you wish you can turn back time, and try to change the past. Sounds corny, but man...its a **** way to go out, leaving a fiance and child behind, not to mention he was not even in the prime of his career.

RIP Sean, you will be missed.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
CJ_18
Assistant Coach
And1: 35

Post#26 » by CJ_18 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:30 am

Return to Washington Football Team