[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Official Redskins vs. Dolphins 9/9

Moderator: LyricalRico

Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,830

Post#41 » by Rafael122 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:03 pm

Nope, Springs is healthy. Technically, Williams doesn't have any starters on defense. I'm sure Springs will "start" next week. Smoot got abused badly.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Soup's Uncle
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#42 » by Soup's Uncle » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:36 pm

The way he dropped that pick pissed me off man. He had a wide open lane to run it back for the win.
F Street = Wall Street
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#43 » by LyricalRico » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:54 pm

Scabs, you're 1-0 on game threads so you've got first dibs on Week 2.

Keep up the good work!
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#44 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:07 pm

Yay skins. Campbell was devastatingly accurate on some throws and behind on some others. Maybe he just needs practice with Moss and El, who are both perhaps faster than he realizes.

Hope the Philly game is this good. and that the Skins win of course.
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
tsvqt
Veteran
And1: 22

Post#45 » by tsvqt » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:24 pm

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:I dont think the corners were that bad. We only gave up 8 catches to WR's. More than 70% of Greens passes were to running backs on checkdowns.

I was dissapointing by Carlos Rogers. I think he needs to get his vision tested. His body is not coordinated with his eyes.

Let me put it like this, I'm soooooo happy we're playing Philly next week and not Dallas or the NYG. Owens or Burress would have a field day with Rogers and Smoot at this stage. They need a real good practice this week, and then go out and make some plays against the Philly WR's. They both play pretty darn good run defense for corners.....but their primary jobs are to cover WR's!!
Smoot could have made up for the way the CB's played if he could have made that interception and took it to the house for the victory. He didn't and it almost cost us the win. Who knows what would have happened if Miami would have won the toss.
Retired Air Force
tkunit
Head Coach
And1: 7

Post#46 » by tkunit » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:33 pm

Has anyone else noticed our recivers drop alot of balls.

I mean I don't have numbers to back this up but from watchign games last year and on sunday I'd call our wideouts big catch recivers. But not in a good way.

Its seems there is alwasy one or two nice deep catches made on a third down, or for a TD. But that catch wouldn't have been needed if they hadn't droped the second and 4 pass for six yards. Does anyone else notice this or am I just crazy.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#47 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:46 pm

tsvqt wrote:Let me put it like this, I'm soooooo happy we're playing Philly next week and not Dallas or the NYG. Owens or Burress would have a field day with Rogers and Smoot at this stage. They need a real good practice this week, and then go out and make some plays against the Philly WR's. They both play pretty darn good run defense for corners.....but their primary jobs are to cover WR's!!
Smoot could have made up for the way the CB's played if he could have made that interception and took it to the house for the victory. He didn't and it almost cost us the win. Who knows what would have happened if Miami would have won the toss.

Yeah Plax would probably destroy us but TO never does **** against us. His career average vs Washington is merely 4 catches and around 35 yards.

It seemed like our defense played a lot of bend but don't break. 5-6 yard cushions but the longest pass Miami completed was a 28 yarder. IMO this defense can really work if we start putting up more points.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#48 » by Rafael122 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:51 am

On the other hand though, our rushing defense was awesome.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#49 » by LyricalRico » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:59 pm

tkunit wrote:Has anyone else noticed our recivers drop alot of balls.

I mean I don't have numbers to back this up but from watchign games last year and on sunday I'd call our wideouts big catch recivers. But not in a good way.

Its seems there is alwasy one or two nice deep catches made on a third down, or for a TD. But that catch wouldn't have been needed if they hadn't droped the second and 4 pass for six yards. Does anyone else notice this or am I just crazy.

Until this past Sunday I don't think I've ever seen Moss drop one. Randle El is pretty surehanded as well. I distinctly recall Cooley dropping a couple potential first down passes last year but that's about it.

I don't think it's a problem at all.
jmrosenth
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 108

Post#50 » by jmrosenth » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:32 pm

While watching Cincy defenders make a few spectacular interceptions last night, I thought to myself why the Skins D couldn't catch balls right in the bread baskets. Unreal. With a young QB and unexplosive offense, the D must force turnovers. Get these guys some stick-em they can put on their gloves.
[quote:6312c12ed1="imperium1999"]
i had had two martinis at this point so i asked her if he every shouted DAGGER in the bedroom with her.

she looked at me kinda strangely and said she had no idea what DAGGER meant.
[/quote]
tsvqt
Veteran

Post#51 » by tsvqt » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:46 pm

jmrosenth wrote:While watching Cincy defenders make a few spectacular interceptions last night, I thought to myself why the Skins D couldn't catch balls right in the bread baskets. Unreal. With a young QB and unexplosive offense, the D must force turnovers. Get these guys some stick-em they can put on their gloves.

I think the saddest part is to watch defensive lineman come up with spectacular interceptions. Smoot, normally is pretty decent when it comes to interceptions/hanging on to a pass. Rogers on the other hand is down right AWFUL. He needs to work with the WR's in practice!! :rofl:
Retired Air Force
Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Post#52 » by Scabs304 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:51 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Scabs, you're 1-0 on game threads so you've got first dibs on Week 2.

Keep up the good work!
Yah being a vagabond has mad it a little hard to get stuff done online at points. The new thread is up. Another simplistic start since the last worked so well.

On this game. I"m glad we won but I was unimpressed by Saunders more than anything else in this game. No way we should of gone to OT against that team with are defense.
I am Scabs.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#53 » by Rafael122 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:11 pm

The game wouldn't have gone to OT had Smoot had picked that ball. He would have ran it home for 6.

Game would have been a blow out to be honest if Campbell had connected on a couple of passes that he missed.
tsvqt
Veteran

Post#54 » by tsvqt » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:50 pm

Rafael122 wrote:The game wouldn't have gone to OT had Smoot had picked that ball. He would have ran it home for 6.

Game would have been a blow out to be honest if Campbell had connected on a couple of passes that he missed.

Well said. I think there's a lot of work being done with Campbell, Moss, Randle El and Cooley.......even some work with passes to Portis, Betts, and "Man-Beast" as well. Philly in trouble.
Retired Air Force

Return to Washington Football Team