[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Really? Jamarcus Russell? Really

Moderator: LyricalRico

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Really? Jamarcus Russell? Really 

Post#1 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 2, 2010 4:46 pm

The Skins are trying out Jamarcus Russell and at least 2 more QB's. What's the reason? Shanny is a coach who's sometimes gone with just 2 QB's on his entire roster. As far as I know, none of his 3 current QB's are injured. He seems to like Grossman, and Beck was traded for and signed to an extension. It's almost like Shanny works for the sports media, as he continues to give them something controversial to talk about.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Re: Really? Jamarcus Russell? Really 

Post#2 » by TNBT » Wed Nov 3, 2010 4:05 am

I agree in that I don't see why we would bring in Russell, or any other QB for that matter. McNabb is a little banged up, but he can still play. Even if we did rest him though, Grossman is capable of starting a few games here and there without hurting us too much, and then we have Beck, who gives us even more depth. Forget the QB position; I'd rather see them do something about the Offensive Line which has led to McNabb almost leading the league in being sacked. I don't think it matters who the QB is if he keeps getting dropped behind the line.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Really? Jamarcus Russell? Really 

Post#3 » by Ruzious » Wed Nov 3, 2010 5:38 am

Fwiw, JP Lossman - another 1st round bust - was one of the other QB's that tried out.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to Washington Football Team