[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

New deal for McNabb

Moderator: LyricalRico

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

New deal for McNabb 

Post#1 » by TNBT » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:33 am

Seems the team and McNabb have come to terms on a 5 year, $78 million contract extension. Personally I'm very happy with this, as I feel McNabb is capable of taking the team to a much higher level. Now all we need to work on is stopping him getting sacked so often...
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Re: New deal for McNabb 

Post#2 » by LyricalRico » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:35 pm

I was shocked at first, both by the initial numbers and the fact that it got done so soon after the benching incident. But now that it's come out that it's basically a series of one year deals that the Skins can get out of at any time, it seems pretty reasonable.

Still, looking longterm at this team's QB situation, I don't really see a lot of stability. I expect McNabb to be here next season but after that it doesn't seem likely IMO. The thing is, the team has so many other holes that they can't really afford to draft a QB next April. So they are really banking on the development of John Beck. If he doesn't pan out, we'll probably be looking for a QB (again) in 2012.

Return to Washington Football Team