[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

2011 Predictions

Moderator: LyricalRico

Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

2011 Predictions 

Post#1 » by Scabs304 » Mon Sep 5, 2011 6:52 pm

I'm going with 9 wins which I know is higher than most people would even dare, but if the QB situation holds up think we can do some damage this year.
I am Scabs.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,828

Re: 2011 Predictions 

Post#2 » by Rafael122 » Tue Sep 6, 2011 4:28 pm

7-9. We'll be a better football team than last year, but one more offseason and a draft, and we should be in playoff contention next year.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,367

Post#3 » by verbal8 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:08 pm

My thought was 7 wins before the Giants game.

At this point they look like a 9 win team to me.

I don't see potential for anything more than squeaking into the play-offs and a first round exit. On the other hand it should be an improvement over last season. I think you need a great QB or great RB to be a threat in the play-offs, the Redskins don't have either. I think HIghtower is an improvement over the RB situation last year. Grossman should be better than McNabb was last season, but I don't expect huge things from him.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#4 » by hands11 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:57 am

You just never know in this league. Team can turn in around in a blink and catch fire.

This is Shanny's second season and he really molded the team this last offseason. Then you get a
few key injuries to other teams and the door opens.

I can see this team making the playoffs this year. They seem like a smart, younger, hungry team and so far, they only had 5 penalties in two games. That keeps you in games. Looks like a team on the bubble that with a few breaks could end up ahead of schedule.

As always, division play will be key. 1-0 so far with a huge MNF game against Dallas next week. Win that and things will be looking amazingly good. 3-0 start and 2-0 in the division.

So far I see no major warning signs that would make me believe they wont win games and keep getting better.

If they can stay healthy and get Coley, Torain and Landry healed up, this could get interesting.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,220

Post#5 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Hmph, stay healthy. Name one year out of the last TEN where, oh, say, the offensive line has been remotely healthy all year long?
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.

Return to Washington Football Team