[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Official Game Thread: Skins @ Rams

Moderator: LyricalRico

Who will win?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 3, 2011 3:25 am

Skins
100%
Rams
No votes

Total votes: 1

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Official Game Thread: Skins @ Rams 

Post#1 » by LyricalRico » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:25 am

VERSUS

When: 10/2 @ 1 pm
Where: Edward Jones Dome

Will this be the proverbial "trap game" against a desperate 0-3 team?
Does the fact that Haslett used to be a Rams coach help or hurt the Skins?
Can Grossman bounce back from an uneven performance?

Post your predictions and thoughts on the game here!
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,828

Re: Official Game Thread: Skins @ Rams 

Post#2 » by Rafael122 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:31 pm

Must win. Bye week, the week after, then Philly after that. Must win, the Rams don't have any receivers, and their running backs are playing hurt. MUST WIN.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,220

Post#3 » by Zonkerbl » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:28 pm

You know, is it THAT HARD to get a starting quality QB? When was the last time we had an honest to god starting quarterback? Rypien?
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
REDardWIZskin
Senior
And1: 2

Post#4 » by REDardWIZskin » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:50 pm

Rams have a solid Defense. May be a tough one, hopefully we can show some resilience. Rams are winless, were guaranteed to get their best shot.
Sit back and watch WALL WORK!! >:-)
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 112

Post#5 » by W. Unseld » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Yeah, Rams at 0-3 means things will likely bounce back for them and playing on the road will make it tough for the Skins as the Rams seem due. We know they'll be in a hurry up and that the league is going to attack anyone who fakes an injury to slow them down.

On a separate note--how do you know a statistical formula is skewed? When it lists the Bengals as the 7th best overall team (all though Skins at 6 probably provided a good clue):
http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... er_week_3/
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#6 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:26 am

Really big game. If the Skins lose, to me it means mediocrity. Which, given the last two decades in our history, isn't so bad... But, if we're headed for 7-9, we might as well do it with Paul instead of Gaffney, Riley instead of Mcintosh, even Beck instead of Grossman.

We're certainly not there yet, but if we are going to rebuild, gotta take the plunge. If we win, on the other hand, gotta ride the wave as far as it will carry us.
In Rizzo we trust
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#7 » by Wizards2Lottery » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:03 pm

It's the Rams. Guaranteed loss.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by Rafael122 » Sun Oct 2, 2011 9:35 pm

Ugly, ugly win. We were passing it on 3rd down up 17 late in the game. Why? I have no idea, Kyle Shanahan feels like he's out to prove something. Sometimes playing it safe is the best way to play especially up 17 points!

Stephen Bowen, that guy has fresh legs. He's barely played the last 6 years, he's a beast, so is Kerrigan, the entire D really. They just need to tighten up a bit.

Rex Grossman, I give him 1 more game to see if he can get his head out of his ass. He's making stupid mistakes, just horrendous decision making.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#9 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon Oct 3, 2011 2:31 am

Hard to pin either int on Sexy... It was the boy wonder who called the plays. Really. I mean really. There was zero reason to call a pass play in quarter number four today.

Also, that zero blitz was ridiculous, once again.
In Rizzo we trust
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#10 » by hands11 » Mon Oct 3, 2011 2:44 am

Well it was a win. An ugly one but a win none the less.

I had been waiting for them to run the Train again. He is the best back they have. I didnt mind them waiting for him to get 100% healthy while letting Hightower run but it seemed to me they could have gotten him more touches before this game.

And what were they thinking back up to their goal line and not having the Train in there after he already proved he was the man of the day. Sure Helu could have taken one the distance from there but come on. Torain should have been back there and he proved it again to close out the game.

So while the Skins do seem better, they still having some issues.
Rex hasnt proven to be the real answer at QB and the coaches dont seem doing the best they can. Another bad blitz call that we paid for and not enough Davis and Torain.

They still seems like an 8-8 team to me and maybe worse then that if they dont get this stuff straightened out. The Rams were terrible. So was Dallas.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,220

Post#11 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Oct 3, 2011 11:53 am

Why are we not playing Beck again? Is he that bad?
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by Rafael122 » Mon Oct 3, 2011 12:43 pm

Because Rex knows the system better than Beck, I guess. The thing is Beck is more athletic and probably smarter with the ball than Rex is. In fact, everything the coaching staff wants Rex to do he doesn't do, and Beck could probably do it better. Grossman just needs that ONE bad game where he's completely awful. I mean, he threw 2 picks again, you're not going to win in Philly throwing 2 picks.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#13 » by hands11 » Mon Oct 3, 2011 1:32 pm

Skin are in that situation a rebuilding team gets into. They are good enough to win a few more games when they need to suck one more year so they can get a really good QB to finish up this rebuild.

I'm not sold on Beck either so ... who can we get that may be out there ?
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by Rafael122 » Mon Oct 3, 2011 1:40 pm

At this point, you have to draft a QB. There's no quick fix to this. Luckily the QB class is probably going to be good next draft. Skins aren't going to be bad enough to draft Luck though, unless we just completely tank from here on out.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#15 » by LyricalRico » Mon Oct 3, 2011 5:35 pm

Rafael122 wrote:We were passing it on 3rd down up 17 late in the game. Why? I have no idea, Kyle Shanahan feels like he's out to prove something. Sometimes playing it safe is the best way to play especially up 17 points!

Agreed. Kyle needs to stop trying to be the next Josh McDaniels, both for our sake and for his. McDaniels was exposed when he didn't have Brady anymore, and Kyle doesn't have Schaub/Johnson anymore. He's far too enamored with his "system" and seems to only run the ball to give him time to pick which pass play he wants to run next.

At least the defense is starting to look like what a great 3-4 defense is supposed to look like. With two weeks to prepare for Philly, I like our chances.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by Rafael122 » Mon Oct 3, 2011 6:02 pm

Philly is going to miss Trent Cole for that game, and most likely Jason Peters so Trent Williams and Orakpo should benefit from having those two guys out.

Return to Washington Football Team