[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Official Game Thread: Skins @ Panthers

Moderator: LyricalRico

Who will win?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:36 pm

Skins
No votes
Panthers
100%

Total votes: 1

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Official Game Thread: Skins @ Panthers 

Post#1 » by LyricalRico » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:36 pm

VERSUS

When: 10/23 @ 1 pm
Where: Bank of America Stadium

How well will John Beck play in his first start since 2007?
What can the defense do to counter Cam Newton?
Is this the game that Brandon Banks finally breaks out?

Post your predictions and thoughts on the game here!
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,828

Re: Official Game Thread: Skins @ Panthers 

Post#2 » by Rafael122 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:46 pm

Panthers are horrible on run defense. We should run the ball 50 times this game.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
wermolwermol777
Rookie
And1: 15

Post#3 » by wermolwermol777 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:10 am

It feels weird saying that, but I feel that this is a game that Jason Campbell would have won, so I hope Beck plays nonflashy mistake-free football. Just pound the ball down their throat and use play action when needed. No hero throws to triple coverage

From what I've seen from our defense this year I feel confident they'll be able to hold Cam Newton and the Panthers to numbers that the Offense should be capable of beating 9 out of 10 times.

As for Banks, sadly I don't really feel like he is quite the threat he was before his injury. He is probably still better than the average return guy in the NFL and a nice luxury to have, but after last weeks game I'm wondering if that last roster spot wouldn't better serve the team through some O-Line depth. Isn't Niles Paul fairly decent at returning also?
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#4 » by hands11 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:48 pm

I'm actually kind of excited to see Beck and I think he will do well.

He is the closest thing to a Trent Green type we have had since...well Trent Green.

And if you go old school, he could be a Joe T type.

I love that he can move around. He is the type of person who really is driven to get better. He pays a lot of attention to his mechanics and his footwork looks great. He practiced with Brees who was a late bloomer so he has a model for success in his head.

And he is on a team that has a really good defense so he doesn't have to do it all.

I think he is will be planning on the side of not loosing vs gun slinger trying to make a play. That to me spell Joe T. Use he run. Roll out. Run when needed. Make the solid through when needed. Take a so every now and again.

The guy seems coachable. I like that. He is kind of the anti Rex.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#5 » by hands11 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:55 pm

Oh well. Another loss.

Injuries starting to pile up. Sucked to see Hightower go out. Ouch Moss with a broken bone in his hand. London out with a hammy.

But I have no idea why they couldnt get Torain going after that.

I was hoping for 8-8. That may still be possible. They have to settle in under Beck. He looked a lot better the second half. He does add the run in the red zone and now has two TDs.

I think they will be better under Beck in time. More Fred Davis.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,828

Post#6 » by Rafael122 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:51 pm

Hightower may have torn his ACL, and Moss will be out multiple weeks with a broken hand. It was a tough loss but I liked what I saw from Beck. We needed to run the ball more though, and this is what I'm talking about w/regard to Kyle's play calling. He's out to prove some point that he can win with average QBs. Passing 37 times, rushing only 25? Against the 31st ranked rushing defense.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#7 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:57 pm

We couldn't establish the running game in the 2nd half because the Panthers never got off the field. We were playing catch up the entire time thanks to our sorry azz defense. That was a pathetic performance by each and every defensive player.

Most likely headed to a 3-5 record until the Dolphins come to town.
ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Post#8 » by ohara » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:39 pm

Beck will be a good QB for you guys. He's earned the right to play for a while. Hate the Moss and Hightower injuries. Carolina feels your pain. We lost our 2 best starting LB's, the FA signee who was to be our DT anchor, and our starting right OT.

Cam is performing beyong any Panther fan's wildest expectations. His accuracy was slammed all the way until the regular season. Now he's hitting close to 60%. People questioned his ability to learn the NFL game. Kid us destroying the leaning curve. And his love of the game and way he plays it has rejuvenated Steve Smith. Andrew Luck may become a great NFL QB. But right now, Panther fans are very happy Cam Newton is their starting QB.

Best of luck to Washington the rest of the season!
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#9 » by LyricalRico » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:30 pm

I liked what I saw from Beck, but his immediate upside is definitely hurt by Moss's injury. The other receivers are either dropping passes (Gaffney) or in the wrong place (Hankerson). If Stallworth doesn't have anything left in the tank, we're in real trouble at WR.

And the defense has definitely come back to earth. The are getting good sack numbers, but the sacks aren't coming at critical times. They aren't generating enough turnovers and the secondary is pretty much swiss cheese. It's also not going to help Beck if he's always having to come from behind.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 112

Post#10 » by W. Unseld » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:41 pm

Who the heck is the guy who writes articles for the main page that won't stop referring to the Redskins as the "ethnic slurs"? It's so effing annoying. I'm 1/4 myself and I know neither my dad or his mom or anyone in their family ever took offense to it, in fact they were all fans. I also know that this question was polled among a multitude of tribes and came back with a ridiculously high number of native americans who were not offended. I'm totally sick of this.
rasta028
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#11 » by rasta028 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:23 pm

The injuries are starting to pile up, are defense needs to play much better cause I see our offense struggling for awhile with all the players hurt, Shanny's play calling needs to be much better, that last game was a joke.

Return to Washington Football Team