[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Official Game Thread: Skins @ Bills

Moderator: LyricalRico

Who will win?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:15 pm

Bills
No votes
Skins
100%

Total votes: 1

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Official Game Thread: Skins @ Bills 

Post#1 » by LyricalRico » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:15 pm

VERSUS

When: 10/23 @ 4 pm
Where: Rogers Centre (Toronto)

Which Washington receiver will step up in Santana Moss's absence?
Does coming off a bye week help or hurt Buffalo?
Why do they insist on playing games in Canada?

Post your predictions and thoughts on the game here!
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Official Game Thread: Skins @ Bills 

Post#2 » by hands11 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:48 pm

wow. There O line has totally fallen part and the D can't stop anyone anymore.

The wheels have come off.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#3 » by hands11 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:12 pm

So at this point they have Hulu and Fred Davis on offense.
Armstrong was baller last year. Not sure why they can't get him the ball also.
7-Day Dray
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#4 » by 7-Day Dray » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:56 am

It's unbelievable how many needs we have. First and foremost, we need a franchise QB. Both Rex and Beck blow. They both hold the ball too long. I thought Beck's mobility was supposed to really help us, but he got sacked 9 times (franchise record). We need more depth on the O-Line too. I thought Trent was playing pretty well before he got hurt, but our QB still has no time to throw (even though Beck held the ball to long a lot). Torain was a one-hit wonder, and Fred Davis is the only receiver that can get open. Our receivers can't get seperation, and when your TE is leading the team in receiving yards, that's saying something.

The D didn't play great either, but they did hold the highest scoring team to 8 points below their scoring average. London looked like the only one competing out their. The offense gets the blame here. When you can't score not even a single point on the worst defense in the league, that's sad.

And D. Hall sucks and needs to get off the team, or be moved to safety. He can't cover ****.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,828

Post#5 » by Rafael122 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:26 pm

I mentioned this on Twitter, Skins have so many needs on offense that I'm not sure where they should begin. It's not the coaches fault, this team still lacks talent. It took 2 offseasons for the Allen regime to get rid of all of Zorn's players, and it's probably going to take another offseason and draft to get more playmakers on this team.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#6 » by LyricalRico » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:33 pm

7-Day Dray wrote:First and foremost, we need a franchise QB. Both Rex and Beck blow. They both hold the ball too long. I thought Beck's mobility was supposed to really help us, but he got sacked 9 times (franchise record).

The fact that a mobile QB got sacked a franchise record number of times probably tells us where the biggest need is. The offensive line is truly dismal after the injuries. Zero holes for the backs and even less pass blocking. And then I'd put the second need at WR, where they've had lots of drops since Beck came in (Hankerson might have had a TD in the 4th if he had better hands). I don't care who you have playing QB, nobody can be successful with the dearth of talent this team currently has.

Assuming we don't suck enough for Luck, I'd rather see them take an O-lineman in the first round and go for a QB in the second or third.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#7 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:43 pm

This team looks mighty stupid right now for passing on Gabbert, Ponder and Dalton. Kerrigan is going to be nice but hardly worth passing over franchise QB's. The extra draft picks have done diddly squat.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,828

Post#8 » by Rafael122 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:45 pm

Wizards2Lottery wrote:This team looks mighty stupid right now for passing on Gabbert, Ponder and Dalton. Kerrigan is going to be nice but hardly worth passing over franchise QB's. The extra draft picks have done diddly squat.

Truthfully, Ponder and Gabbert aren't looking good right now.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
7-Day Dray
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by 7-Day Dray » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:19 pm

Rafael122 wrote:
Wizards2Lottery wrote:This team looks mighty stupid right now for passing on Gabbert, Ponder and Dalton. Kerrigan is going to be nice but hardly worth passing over franchise QB's. The extra draft picks have done diddly squat.

I'd still be comfortable with having them as franchise QBs. I completely agree with W2L. This franchise has been setback years with how many times we passed on a QB. I was so mad last draft when we got to cute a traded down when Gabbert was still available. I know we got Kerrigan, but their are better OLBs available in this year's draft.

I feel our draft last year was overrated. Yeah, we got a boatload of picks, but most of the guys we got with those picks are bench players at best.

If we don't draft a QB this year, I think I give up on this new regime. (And I mean a Qb that you think can be a franchise QB, not a late-round pick like Kellen Moore). And I think we made a mistake hiring a retread coach like Mike Shanahan. Because of that, he hasn't had the patience to develop a QB.

And I really hate that we won those 3 meaningless games. We beat NYG, but face it, they're a better team than us. We got a VERY ugly win against ARI, a team that's not even that good, and another ugly win against one of the worst teams in the league. None of those wins were convincing and they didn't prove much. Because of that, we're out of the Luck sweepstakes. Here's my plan for the offseason:

1. Take one of RGIII/Tannehill in the 1st
2. Take OL/ILB/CB in the next 3 rounda
3. Sign Bowe and Grubbs in FA
4. ???
5. Profit
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#10 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:25 pm

Rafael122 wrote:

Ponder has been very impressive for Minny. He looks much better than I thought he would be.

Gabbert isn't looking good by numbers but he's surrounded by garbage. I still like his skills set.

Either way, these guys are right on par with the prospects next year besides Luck. This was a wasted year.

I'm absolutely done with this franchise if they don't draft a QB next year and don't start him from week 1 or mid way through the season. This is two years removed from Zorn and we still barely have any talent on offense.

The defense is regressing as well. Just when you think Haslett has a clue, he churns out the last three weeks.
7-Day Dray
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by 7-Day Dray » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:28 pm

Wizards2Lottery wrote:
Rafael122 wrote:

Ponder has been very impressive for Minny. He looks much better than I thought he would be.

Gabbert isn't looking good by numbers but he's surrounded by garbage. I still like his skills set.

Either way, these guys are right on par with the prospects next year besides Luck. This was a wasted year.

I'm absolutely done with this franchise if they don't draft a QB next year and don't start him from week 1 or mid way through the season. This is two years removed from Zorn and we still barely have any talent on offense.

The defense is regressing as well. Just when you think Haslett has a clue, he churns out the last three weeks.

Ditto.

Return to Washington Football Team