[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Skins 2012-13 Season Predictions

Moderator: LyricalRico

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,070

Re: Skins 2012-13 Season Predictions 

Post#21 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Sep 9, 2012 10:39 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I think what's going to happen is disappointment with RG3 and probably he'll get banged up. Kirk Cousins will relieve him and win games. Shanahan will like Cousins more by the end of the season.

That exact scenario flashed across my mind as I watched Cousins in the preseason. At this point I'd just be happy with a good QB, no matter who it is. But man, that trade would be historically bad if RG3 ends up getting eventually supplanted by a 4th rounder.

I'd say the chances of that scenario playing out are minimal, though. I fully expect Griffin to have a great year.

UPDATE: After seeing the Saints game, the Redskins could have their best quarterback, ever. Griffin III

Cousins is probably another good NFL starting quarterback, too.

Best game I've ever seen a rookie QB have.
Bye bye Beal.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#22 » by hands11 » Sun Sep 9, 2012 11:51 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I think what's going to happen is disappointment with RG3 and probably he'll get banged up. Kirk Cousins will relieve him and win games. Shanahan will like Cousins more by the end of the season.

That exact scenario flashed across my mind as I watched Cousins in the preseason. At this point I'd just be happy with a good QB, no matter who it is. But man, that trade would be historically bad if RG3 ends up getting eventually supplanted by a 4th rounder.

I'd say the chances of that scenario playing out are minimal, though. I fully expect Griffin to have a great year.

UPDATE: After seeing the Saints game, the Redskins could have their best quarterback, ever. Griffin III

Cousins is probably another good NFL starting quarterback, too.

Best game I've ever seen a rookie QB have.

I think it is more then what you have seen. I heard them say it was the best rookie QB first game in a win ever.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 109

Post#23 » by W. Unseld » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:25 pm

I don't want to add hype where there is already a ton of hype so temper expectations until a good defense has seen a lot of tape on him but I will say that there was just something about the way he handled that broken play to Davis that gives me a minor thrill up my leg every time I think about it. It just seemed like 80% of the qbs in the league couldn't do it and only one or two of the remaining 20% that could do it would have kept their eyes downfield instead of taking off running.

Also, I don't know if he has the strongest arm in the league or not but he has to have the strongest throw with the least amount of effort. Something about that flat footed flick just seems so easy yet it's right on the freaking money. I'll stop before I jinx anything.

Return to Washington Football Team