[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Week 8: Redskins @ Steelers

Moderator: LyricalRico

Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,806

Week 8: Redskins @ Steelers 

Post#1 » by Rafael122 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:17 pm

Chris Cooley is back, and the local DC sports media reminds us once again why Wilbon was right about this not being a great sports town. Only in DC would they celebrate the re-signing of a tight end who hasn't been productive in about 3 years. I'm indifferent towards the signing, but clearly a lot of fans, or at least Cooley fans have the rose colored glasses on. His knees are shot.

ANYWAY, 2 more games before the bye week. The way i see it, I'd like the Skins to go at least 5-4 before the bye. I really thought they had a decent chance at beating the Giants, and now they travel to Pittsburgh. Steeler running backs are down and hurt, but the Skins run defense has been pretty good all year. Steelers have a solid receiver corps, Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, Emmnauel Sanders. Plus Big Ben has always been a handful to tackle down. I think the Redskins win it here.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 781

Re: Week 8: Redskins @ Steelers 

Post#2 » by LyricalRico » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Thanks for starting this thread, Raf!

:clap:

I'm actually expecting the Skins to go on a bit of a streak after the heartbreak to the Giants. They've (hopefully) got the turnovers and mental mistakes out of their system, and are (also hopefully) PO'd about giving up a game they should have won. For all the reasons you mentioned, I think the Steelers are there for the taking. At the same time, though, they are a veteran team that also needs a win so they are still dangerous. Still, I've got a good feeling.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 109

Post#3 » by W. Unseld » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:16 pm

Cooley requested "free beer" as part of his contract. He was denied, but this still cracks me up.

Cooley v. Niles Paul alt:

Athleticsim: Paul (by a mile)
Better hands: Cooley (by a mile)
More likely to be penalized: Paul
Better RG3 safety valve: Cooley
Better blocker: Probably goes Paulson then Paul then Cooley then Davis
Better route runner: Cooley
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#4 » by Nivek » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:55 am

My game preview.

I expect:

- Lots of Alfred Morris (Steelers are bad against the run; Skins are excellent running the ball)
- Lots of Steelers passing (good passing team against bad pass defense)
- Lots of penalties (Steelers have highest penalty rate; Skins are tied for 2nd highest)
- Scoring

Prediction:

- Skins 33
- Steelers 28
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 781

Post#5 » by LyricalRico » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:06 pm

Tons of drops and horrible defense. 'Nuff said.

Return to Washington Football Team