[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Mark Brunell

Moderator: LyricalRico

Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Mark Brunell 

Post#1 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Thu Apr 5, 2007 6:25 pm

should SHE be the starter this season... :rofl:

okay lock it if you want!
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#2 » by Wizards2Lottery » Thu Apr 5, 2007 8:04 pm

Mark Brunell is dead to me as a Redskin.
Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Post#3 » by Scabs304 » Thu Apr 5, 2007 9:52 pm

Brunell was dead to me as a Redskin when he was traded for. One of the stupidest trades since Jags were going to cut him anyway.
I am Scabs.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#4 » by Higga » Sat Apr 7, 2007 2:48 am

I'm still losing sleep at night knowing Brunell is on our roster and as long as he is there is a chance he could start for us next year.

I don't know whats worse: Gibbs's love affair with Brunell or EJ's love affair with the holy triumvirate in Scabs's sig.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#5 » by Ruzious » Sat Apr 7, 2007 11:16 am

Brunell is obviously the backup - and a damn good one.

Not saying he was great, but he was definitely not the problem with the Skins last year. He got them to the playoffs the year before. And this year, he took a pay cut to stay with the team. He's alright by me.
Scabs304
General Manager

Post#6 » by Scabs304 » Sat Apr 7, 2007 1:13 pm

I just have never liked week armed old quarterbacks. As a back-up Brunell isn't that bad and with him taking a pay cut this year he is a little less in my doghouse as a back-up. Now if we just had a quality 3rd stringer.
I am Scabs.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#7 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Apr 7, 2007 2:52 pm

Mark Brunell did not lead this to the playoffs. The defense and Clinton Portis did.

Your backup QB should be able to win you games and Mark Brunell can't do that. I'd rather see us take a chance on a 2nd day QB or heck even Todd Collins.

Why can't Brunell just retire ughh.
Soup's Uncle
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#8 » by Soup's Uncle » Mon Apr 9, 2007 7:17 pm

I agree...When we did get to the playoffs, it was b/c of a lot of names besides Brunell.

Mainly the defense. Plus the emergence of Portis/Cooley/Moss and don't forget about Mike Sellers. He was money that year as well.

I think you could have taken any old QB at that point who was mediocre and do as well as Brunell could have.
F Street = Wall Street
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#9 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Thu May 3, 2007 1:56 pm

is this place Moderated....haha
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,828

Post#10 » by Rafael122 » Thu May 3, 2007 3:29 pm

Donkey McDonkerton wrote:is this place Moderated....haha

Yup. You should try your luck at the Capitals board. :lol:

Anyway, I seem to remember saying last year that I wouldn't bench Mark Brunell until we were sure we were eliminated from the playoffs, because God forbid I'd rather see my team in the playoffs than picking 6th in the NFL Draft.

I'm not a Mark Brunell fan, but anyone can see that the problem was much deeper than just him. We didn't have a pass rush and we couldn't pick the ball off, yet all I heard first was Mark Brunell. I mean, it's like...you either didn't watch the game or you just read the several hundred threads on him over at Extremeskins.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 112

Post#11 » by W. Unseld » Thu May 3, 2007 6:07 pm

It's a legit topic even if you are posing as Spence and trying to get locked. BTW, where the heck is Spence anyway?
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#12 » by Wizards2Lottery » Fri May 4, 2007 3:18 am

Rafael122 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yup. You should try your luck at the Capitals board. :lol:

Anyway, I seem to remember saying last year that I wouldn't bench Mark Brunell until we were sure we were eliminated from the playoffs, because God forbid I'd rather see my team in the playoffs than picking 6th in the NFL Draft.

I'm not a Mark Brunell fan, but anyone can see that the problem was much deeper than just him. We didn't have a pass rush and we couldn't pick the ball off, yet all I heard first was Mark Brunell. I mean, it's like...you either didn't watch the game or you just read the several hundred threads on him over at Extremeskins.

Mark Brunell was most of our problems. Our gameplan was limited to -3 yard dumpoffs. Seriously, I know the defense sucked, but Brunell wasn't any better. He should have had been benched after the Titans game.
Scabs304
General Manager

Post#13 » by Scabs304 » Fri May 4, 2007 3:44 am

How much is Brunell being paid this year? What is his salary cap numbers if he is on the roster and if he gets cut? This is all stuff that is more important than him actually playing for us. I know he took a huge pay cut to stay on the team I just really wonder how this effects are cap.
I am Scabs.

Return to Washington Football Team