[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

WP: Redskins add depth to the secondary

Moderator: LyricalRico

Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,834

WP: Redskins add depth to the secondary 

Post#1 » by Rafael122 » Fri Jun 8, 2007 11:34 pm

Butler, 28, joined the team's workout and knows he faces steep odds to crack the roster. He has been injured most of the last two years, and was released Tuesday by St. Louis. The Redskins signed Butler to a $15 million offer sheet in 2004, but the Rams matched it. Since then he has suffered major knee and hamstring injuries, missing all of 2005 and all but six games of 2006.

Butler is a solid number 4/5 corner for us, and he'll most likely make the team and play special teams.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01998.html
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#2 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Jun 9, 2007 2:37 pm

People considered him a Pro Bowl snub a few years back... we wanted to sign this guy as a replacement for Fred Smoot but the Rams matched our offer and we ended up drafting Carlos...

Injuries ruined him in St. Louis but when healthy, hes considered a solid #2-#3 guy.
Meast
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Meast » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:08 pm

So, is this the end of the Ade Jimoh era?

With the signing of Butler, we now have 5 CBs that I would put ahead of Jimoh (Springs, Smoot, Rogers, Macklin, and Butler). I like Jimoh on Specials, but I don't see us keeping 6 CBs.

Of course, all of this changes if we let Springs walk.

Return to Washington Football Team