[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Edited: Redskins Cuts

Moderator: LyricalRico

Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Edited: Redskins Cuts 

Post#1 » by Wizards2Lottery » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:04 pm

Extremely dissapointed in this move but Bram Whinestein had a good explanation for it. Marshall thought he could still be a starter or contributor in this league and didn't want to be relegated to no playing time at all. Rocky will be playing almost EVERY snap this coming year at WLB and same with London.

The coaching staff apparently didn't like Marshall at SLB so they signed Godfrey to take that spot.

Still, I'm really dissapointed because I think Marshall is the perfect backup to have. Good luck to him whereever he goes (as long as its not the NFCE).

[Edited to change title.]
Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Post#2 » by Scabs304 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:49 pm

Godfrey is a better back-up at SLB, but where does this leave us at the other LB positons?
I am Scabs.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,834

Post#3 » by Rafael122 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:51 am

Scabs304 wrote:Godfrey is a better back-up at SLB, but where does this leave us at the other LB positons?

Coaching staff is really high on H.B. Blades (can play all three positions) and their other linebacker from USC. Blades is like 8 years younger so if the guy can be just as good as Lemar, what's the reason to keep Marshall?
Scabs304
General Manager

Post#4 » by Scabs304 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:15 am

If we think we have the players to replace him then getting rid of a disgruntled ex-starter then I'm all for it. If the only reason we released him was because he was being a douche about not starting then it sort of pisses me off. I hate players dictating moves ie. Champ Bailey situation (still huge fan of Bailey but he was on pace to replace Green in my eyes before his I don't want to be a Redskin anymore biatch speech).
I am Scabs.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by Rafael122 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:33 am

Marshall got signed by the Bengals to a 1 yr deal.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#6 » by LyricalRico » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:44 pm

Another curious move in cutting Salavea. He wasn't overpaid and I thought he'd be solid depth.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by Rafael122 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:33 pm

Team must be really high on Montgomery and Golston. Necessary move in order to see what the young guys have.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#8 » by LyricalRico » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:21 am

Rafael122 wrote:Team must be really high on Montgomery and Golston. Necessary move in order to see what the young guys have.

I understand that but I've got to think they would keep 4 tackles. If Griffin and Golston are the starters, Montgomery and Salavea would have been fine reserves. They could have rotated them in and out at will without much dropoff and kept guys fresh and healthy all year long.

Unless they've got another vet they're gonna keep as a reserve DT I question the move.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by Rafael122 » Sat Sep 1, 2007 10:27 pm

More cuts to get down to 52 players:

OL Calvin Armstrong
DT Matthias Askew
FB Fred Beasley
RB Brian Bell
WR Carl Berman
WR Corey Bradford
RB Dee Brown
DE Alex Buzbee
DB John Eubanks
DE Justin Hickman
WR Ryan Hoag
DB Ade Jimoh
OL Kili Lefotu
TE Jake Nordin
QB Jordan Palmer
LB Matt Sinclair
DB Omar Stoutmire
WR Burl Toler
LB Anthony Trucks
DB Byron Westbrook
OL Taylor Whitley
DE Renaldo Wynn
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#10 » by LyricalRico » Sat Sep 1, 2007 11:36 pm

Thanks for posting that list.

Surprises: Jimoh and Wynn. Jimoh can't cover but he has been a solid special teams contributor. Wynn is aging but he was one of the few vets left on the defensive line.

Practice squad hopefuls: Eubanks, Hoag, Sartz and Palmer. I think all three should be on the practice squad and they'd have chances at making the team next year.

Names I thought I would see but didn't: Mason and Boschetti. With so many RBs I didn't think Mason had a shot but he must be taking Jimoh's spot on special teams. I'm surpised that they would keep Boschetti instead of Wynn.

Looks like the Skins are trying to get younger on defense and I like it. I especially notice it at safety and defensive line. Griffin and Carter on the only vets in an 8 man D-Line rotation. We've got a rookie starting at safety and Vernon Fox is the old man with 5 years in the league.

What we're missing is youth on the offensive line. We've got to get some young guys in there over the next couple drafts or we'll be in big trouble there.
Scabs304
General Manager

Post#11 » by Scabs304 » Sun Sep 2, 2007 3:52 am

The Jimoh cutting has made my day. I almost cried it made me so happy. No way we can throw him in at DB now.
I am Scabs.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#12 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sun Sep 2, 2007 1:17 pm

I don't get it. Why did we cut Big Joe but kept Ryan friggin Boschetti? Thats the only thing that makes no sense. All the years Boschetti has been here, hes not done squat. Granted hes fairly young but so what? A 50 year old Salvea will always be better than Boschetti.
Scabs304
General Manager

Post#13 » by Scabs304 » Sun Sep 2, 2007 2:55 pm

I've seen Boschetti in the other teams backfield more times than I've seen Big Joe. So what if half the time he's back there after the RB has already ran through the hole he created by rushing back there?
I am Scabs.
tsvqt
Veteran
And1: 22

Post#14 » by tsvqt » Mon Sep 3, 2007 7:05 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Thanks for posting that list.

Surprises: Jimoh and Wynn. Jimoh can't cover but he has been a solid special teams contributor. Wynn is aging but he was one of the few vets left on the defensive line.

Practice squad hopefuls: Eubanks, Hoag, Sartz and Palmer. I think all three should be on the practice squad and they'd have chances at making the team next year.

Names I thought I would see but didn't: Mason and Boschetti. With so many RBs I didn't think Mason had a shot but he must be taking Jimoh's spot on special teams. I'm surpised that they would keep Boschetti instead of Wynn.

Looks like the Skins are trying to get younger on defense and I like it. I especially notice it at safety and defensive line. Griffin and Carter on the only vets in an 8 man D-Line rotation. We've got a rookie starting at safety and Vernon Fox is the old man with 5 years in the league.

What we're missing is youth on the offensive line. We've got to get some young guys in there over the next couple drafts or we'll be in big trouble there.

I sure do like Mr Heyer though. That's a start!! I think we'll see a better Chris Samuels this year. He'll have someone actually pushing him. Maybe he'll live up to his Pro Bowl selections.
Retired Air Force

Return to Washington Football Team