[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

9 Sports: Brunell Headed To Seattle

Moderator: LyricalRico

newslowsad
Veteran
And1: 0

9 Sports: Brunell Headed To Seattle 

Post#1 » by newslowsad » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:46 am

"for a late round draft pick"

:rockon:
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,828

Post#2 » by Rafael122 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:53 am

Wow...management must really love Todd Collins. Palmer though is AWFUL.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
likwitdesi
Starter
And1: 60

Post#3 » by likwitdesi » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:32 am

I'm thrilled. I think maybe we should look to add a vet though as our no. 3. No one is going to pick Palmer off the PS
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#4 » by Wizards2Lottery » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:42 pm

Well Gibbs denied the report BUT its even reported by other legit sources that Mark Brunell was telling his friends etc. before the game that this is his last game in a Redskins uni.

:rockon:
Soup's Uncle
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#5 » by Soup's Uncle » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:05 pm

A Boy can dream.
F Street = Wall Street
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#6 » by LyricalRico » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:39 pm

"Shortly after the Redskins lost to the Jaguars, sources told 9SPORTS NOW that Quarterback Mark Brunell is expected to be traded to the Seattle Seahawks. The sources, who are close to Brunell, said a trade to the Seahawks is in the works and could be completed in the next few days."

As for Brunell himself was discussing the rumors as early as 5:40 yesterday with the senior editor of Jaguars.com, who wrote this: "Jeff Lageman and I were having a little pregame conversation in my office, which is directly across from the visitors' locker room, when there was a knock at the door. You guessed it; Mark Brunell. He knew where to go for some hot rumors and a trip down memory lane. Speaking of hot rumors, how about this one: Brunell to Seattle? It didn't seem to upset him."

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsports ... _worl.html

To be fair, the linked article is essentially disputing the claims of channel 9 but I really hope there's some truth to it. Really, REALLY hope there's some truth to it.

:pray:
newslowsad
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#7 » by newslowsad » Sun Sep 9, 2007 7:23 pm

late, but i just wanted to say WAY TO JUMP THE GUN 9 SPORTS!
tsvqt
Veteran
And1: 22

Post#8 » by tsvqt » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:49 am

The Redskins and Buccaneers are playing it safe with their QB's. They are holding onto these guys in case someone loses a QB this season. Rumor has it that the Redskins and TB will be the first teams called if something like that happens. Of course Byron Leftwich is still available for some team as well, but we're sitting pretty just holding onto Brunell right now.
Cudos to the FO.
Retired Air Force

Return to Washington Football Team