[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Depth at WR

Moderator: LyricalRico

tsvqt
Veteran
And1: 22

Depth at WR 

Post#1 » by tsvqt » Mon Sep 3, 2007 7:20 pm

So now that cuts have been made, we're looking at the following four WR's on the current roster;

Santana Moss, Antwan Randle El, Brandon Llyod, and James Thrash.

I think with Reche Caldwell being released, he's a clear cut better pickup than anyone out there. Doug Gabriel would be a nice addition, but Caldwell IMHO is better.
Retired Air Force
likwitdesi
Starter
And1: 60

Post#2 » by likwitdesi » Tue Sep 4, 2007 1:45 am

I'm fine with Bodiford. You basically want special teams out of your number 5 receiver...he is rarely ever going to get on the field. Bodiford is a tough bastard who plays the wedge on the special teams (very impressive for someone as small as him) and is a decent KR guy. A possible diamond in the rough, analysts say he would have made the Packers as their no. 4 receiver had he not gotten hurt. Futhermore, Martz once compared him to Isaac Bruce. If Bodiford can prove that he can stick, maybe it is time to continue with the youth movement and let the aging Thrash go.
likwitdesi
Starter
And1: 60

Post#3 » by likwitdesi » Tue Sep 4, 2007 1:46 am

I feel that we should look at using Sean Taylor as a possession receiver again this season. He is quicker and faster so he will be able to get more separation to use his size to get jump balls.
Soup's Uncle
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#4 » by Soup's Uncle » Tue Sep 4, 2007 2:10 pm

Can you imagine the grim reaoer on offense too!?
F Street = Wall Street
Soup's Uncle
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#5 » by Soup's Uncle » Tue Sep 4, 2007 2:26 pm

reaper i mean
F Street = Wall Street
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,834

Post#6 » by Rafael122 » Wed Sep 5, 2007 4:19 pm

The 5th wide receiver usually play on teams anyway. Barring injury, they should go with 4 wideouts. Cooley, Portis, and Betts can catch passes too you know.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.

Return to Washington Football Team