[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Official Redskins @ Eagles - 9/17/07

Moderator: LyricalRico

Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Official Redskins @ Eagles - 9/17/07 

Post#1 » by Scabs304 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:44 pm

@

Where: Lincoln Holdings Field
Time: 8:30 PM
TV: ESPN
I am Scabs.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,828

Post#2 » by Rafael122 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:14 pm

Yeah, this is going to be a true test for Campbell. On Monday Night, on the road against a tough defense. Eagles are going to miss Lito Sheppard for the game.

Some keys to the game: run the football down their throat, and mix in a little pass. That's basically what they need to do against Philly. I don't know if our o-line can sustain so much blitzing and pass rushes for the whole game so if they can run the ball 40+ times, or more...I think we have a chance. Put this game in JC's hands (at this stage in his development) and this could be a blow out.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#3 » by Wizards2Lottery » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:06 pm

We can really expose the strong side of the Eagles defense. Chris Gocong and Sean Considine have looked BAD so far. Without Sheppard they can't play a lot of man coverage or put 8 in the box.

We'll see a lot of zone coverage along with 7 in the box. If our offensive line does the job for our RB's, Campbell has a solid chance at exploiting Sheppards replacement and the horrible Eagles linebackers.

That said, I expect us to lose, but a win would be AMAZING.
Soup's Uncle
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#4 » by Soup's Uncle » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:16 pm

Going into the season, I saw this as a loss. But I actually have a strong feeling about this game. I could see Campbell being more settled in, Cooley helping on blocking less (b/c of Todd Wade being in) and running more routes. Santana will play better, and I could actually see Brandon Lloyd saying, "Okay, I'll play now that you picked up my possible replacement."

It's going to be an exciting, very evenly matched game. We gotta get at least 2 turn overs and I think we can win this game.
F Street = Wall Street
jmrosenth
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 108

Post#5 » by jmrosenth » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:33 pm

McNabb has traditionally owned us, however, I don't think he's 100% healthy, and Philly's D isn't what it used to be. I think the Skins could have a chance if they can contain Westbrook. I wish this game was Sunday...the Skins suck on prime time (at least that's what my recent memory tells me).
[quote:6312c12ed1="imperium1999"]
i had had two martinis at this point so i asked her if he every shouted DAGGER in the bedroom with her.

she looked at me kinda strangely and said she had no idea what DAGGER meant.
[/quote]
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by Rafael122 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:04 pm

We're gonna get killed if we allow those short 4-5 yard passes with a huge yards after catch. Miami was doing that all game long last week.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#7 » by Wizards2Lottery » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:19 pm

Rafael122 wrote:We're gonna get killed if we allow those short 4-5 yard passes with a huge yards after catch. Miami was doing that all game long last week.

Those 4-5 yard passes are the reason we won that game. It was clear that game that were using a bend but don't break philosphy. Teams won't challenge us deep nor will they try to go across the middle against Landry and Taylor. They'll take the short passes. Our red zone D is going to be killer this year.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#8 » by LyricalRico » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:37 pm

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:Those 4-5 yard passes are the reason we won that game. It was clear that game that were using a bend but don't break philosphy. Teams won't challenge us deep nor will they try to go across the middle against Landry and Taylor. They'll take the short passes. Our red zone D is going to be killer this year.

The problem is that Jesse Chatman ain't no Brian Westbrook. The targets for those 4-5 yard passes are more talented in Philly so they can hurt us much more with run-after-the-catch yards.

As much as I hate to say it, I think we should make McNabb beat us deep. Their only receiver of any note is Reggie Brown and IIRC he didn't have a catch last week. Westbrook is their first option running and passing so I'd focus on containing him and see if a gimpy McNabb can hit his other less talented targets.

Besides, based on Philly's defense, the Skins should be able to keep the ball out of McNabb's hands with a steady of dose of Portis/Betts. As long as Campbell doesn't throw two picks again, I think the Skins win this one.
Soup's Uncle
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by Soup's Uncle » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:44 pm

Definitly stop the run and make McNabb beat us.
F Street = Wall Street
Scabs304
General Manager

Post#10 » by Scabs304 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:33 pm

I'm doing everything I can as a fan. I'm watching it in CB, VA. I made the thread. I'm wearing the same Sean Taylor ALT Jersey. I also dragged my friend back down here from MOCO to watch the game in his Cooley EQ jersey. So yah Skins win 21-14.
I am Scabs.
Soup's Uncle
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by Soup's Uncle » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:42 pm

Man, everyone is picking the Eagles to win. We gotta beat them.
F Street = Wall Street
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#12 » by yungal07 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:31 pm

Skins win 17-16.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by Rafael122 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:38 pm

Hope you're right, Washington needs to be at least 2-1 before entering their bye week in Week 4.
Scabs304
General Manager

Post#14 » by Scabs304 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:42 pm

Okay not really looking ahead, BUT we play the Giants and they have no defense at the moment and there offense is in shambles. On that note I will be a little dissapointed if we are not 3-0 going into the bye.

I see Portis and Betts combining for 200+ today and one big score by Santana Moss. 21-14 the score with a meaningless TD coming from Philly in the final minutes when we try out the TRY to LOSE defense also known as the Prevent.
I am Scabs.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#15 » by LyricalRico » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:33 pm

McNabb still doesn't look ready to me. I think that our speedy defense is gonna give him trouble, especially since he's really got only one weapon (Westbrook). As long as Campbell doesn't turn the ball over the Skins should win this one.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by Rafael122 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:57 am

Cooley had two very catchable passes on the first drive, and he dropped one and tried to catch the other with one hand. We probably could have gotten 3, but we're dropping the ball all of a sudden.
jmrosenth
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 108

Post#17 » by jmrosenth » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:17 pm

Jason Campbell is one cool cucumber. He made another bad throw for an INT and overthrew a sure TD late to Moss, but otherwise he was very solid. The dude can sling it, there's no doubt, and he's showing a presence out there. I like how Gibbs is letting JC take some chances down the field. The deep throw to Moss in the 1st quarter and the TD throw to Cooley were beautiful. Also, ESPN did a little thing last night where they showed JC' going through his progressions. I think this is a sign of a good QB...the ability to keep your options open and not zero in on any one target on any specific play. It keeps the defense honest and buys your receiver options more time to get open. In watching the Giants game on Sunday, I noticed Eli Manning doesn't do it that well.

The secondary played awesome last night. Springs and Rogers shut down their WRs and the Landry/Taylor combination were just knocking the snot out of people. And Rocky has been a huge lift for the defense...still not sure why he was benched all of last season.

Losing Thomas is a killer, much worse than Jansen. A torn triceps is usually a season-ender. Is Fabini the answer for the rest of the season? I have no idea what our depth is at G. Maybe they can coax some veteran out of retirement.
[quote:6312c12ed1="imperium1999"]

i had had two martinis at this point so i asked her if he every shouted DAGGER in the bedroom with her.

she looked at me kinda strangely and said she had no idea what DAGGER meant.

[/quote]
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by Rafael122 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:56 pm

Difference between Eli and Jason is coaching. Eli looks like the same player he was 4 years ago. The only reason why he gets all the hype is because of his last name.

Thomas will have an MRI today I read. JLC on his blog said Keydrick Vincent is in town, and could possibly be signed to play right guard. IIRC, he was a starter for the Steelers.

And Fabini as your starting RG is asking for trouble. He played well last night, but for 14 games...no.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#19 » by LyricalRico » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:58 pm

jmrosenth wrote:Losing Thomas is a killer, much worse than Jansen. A torn triceps is usually a season-ender. Is Fabini the answer for the rest of the season? I have no idea what our depth is at G. Maybe they can coax some veteran out of retirement.

Fabini is actually the only backup G on the roster. He's listed as the backup to Thomas and the backup to Kendall. With Fabini starting and Wade taking Jasen's place, Pucillo (C) and Heyer (T) are the only reserves left.

Here's one instance where having a Week 4 bye could come in handy. If they can sign a vet guard off the scrap heap by Tuesday, he'll have this week to get his feet wet in practice before the Giants game and then a full two weeks until Week 5 to really get acclimated.

You never want to have an injury situation like this but the timing is a plus IMO.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 112

Post#20 » by W. Unseld » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:10 pm

On a negative Nancy note, what's up w/all of the dropped passes? I'm running out of furniture to break.

Return to Washington Football Team