[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Discussion Thread for Other Teams' Moves

Moderator: LyricalRico

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Discussion Thread for Other Teams' Moves 

Post#1 » by LyricalRico » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:08 am

Got an opinion on "Video-Gate"? Want to sound off on what happened to Charlie Frye? Well wishes for Everett and the Bills? Feel free to use this thread to talk about what's going on with other teams!
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#2 » by Wizards2Lottery » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:30 pm

I think we will win the division if we beat Philly on MNF. The Cowboys offense might be something but that defense without Terrence Newman, Greg Ellis and Jason Ferguson has the potential to resemble our defense from last year. The Giants will potentially be without Eli and Brandon Jacobs for 3 weeks or more.

Our division rivals are in big trouble. If we stay healthy and win the games we have to, I see us finishing as division champs and dare I say.... a bye week in the playoffs :o
Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Post#3 » by Scabs304 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:29 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Leftwich but Atlanta might actually have given them a fighting chance at the end of this season with him at QB over Harrington.
I am Scabs.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#4 » by LyricalRico » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:22 pm

Re: Leftwich to Atlanta

Why didn't they do this when Jacksonville first released him? Did they really need to see Joey Harrington for two more games to know that they needed help at QB?

Another thing to think about is this - Harrington has already been sacked 13 times. With Leftwich being even more immobile, how much can he really help them? He's not as erratic of a passer as Harrington but he's got zero escape ability and has been injury prone.

Also why sign him to a multi-year deal when it's pretty much a given that they're going to draft Petrino's former QB in college next April to be their QB of the future? Leftwich isn't who I think of when I hear "veteran tutor".

It's becoming clear to me that Vick's sheer talent was really masking the fact that this team is talent starved and in shambles. They aren't one or two pieces away - they are a whole team away at this point.
Scabs304
General Manager

Post#5 » by Scabs304 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:35 pm

Leftwich is a stop gab, but he will be better this year and next than anyone in college or Harrington so it's a good move if you actually believe your team has a chance. We all know Atlanta doesn't have a chance this year and probally not next, but if you want anyone in Georgia to care for the next few years until the Vick mess is behind you getting a comprable QB to man the ship was a must.
I am Scabs.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#6 » by LyricalRico » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:03 pm

Nice stuff (as always) from Whitlock:

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie and head coach Andy Reid have failed to properly support McNabb. The one year they provided McNabb with a legitimate No. 1 receiver (Terrell Owens), he threw 31 TDs and just nine interceptions and led the Eagles to within a field goal of winning Super Bowl XXXIX.

Lurie got away with being embarrassingly cheap because Donovan's young legs compensated for the lack of playmakers in the passing game and a mediocre offensive line.

McNabb
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#7 » by LyricalRico » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:49 am

It's been determined that the Falcons CAN go after Vick's bonus money. I hope he didn't spend it all. Man, did he **** up his life or what? :nonono:
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,834

Post#8 » by Rafael122 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:09 am

Sucks, but oh well, he should have known that he would eventually get caught. He'll probably be OK with all the endorsement money he's made, but being stripped of $19 million? Ouch.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Scabs304
General Manager

Post#9 » by Scabs304 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:03 pm

Yah I think it's BS they can go after the money I believe there will be some sort of appeal process on that. On another note Vinny Testaverde for the Panthers. Wow really? Really Vinny?
I am Scabs.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#10 » by LyricalRico » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:26 am

I really like San Diego's move for Chambers. They fight their way back to 3-3 and now they have a true #1 receiving threat. With 2 weeks to get Rivers acclimated to his new toy, they could really be poised to make a run. Perfect timing.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#11 » by LyricalRico » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:28 pm

Everyone wave "bye-bye" to Brian Billick!

:wave:

On one hand I think it's a good move because the offense needs a complete overhaul. On the other hand I think that some of the players have too much power within the organization. They'll have to bring in a strong coach to turn that around.

Who takes over? Marty fits the tough guy condition but he's not going to help the offense any. Maybe Singletary? He'd be respected by the defensive players and if he brought in a legith offensive coordinator it could work.

I could see Billick as a good fit for the Dolphins team but I'm not sure how he and Parcells would mesh. If they can make it work they could turn Miami around pretty fast.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by Rafael122 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:30 pm

I have an utter dislike for Billick. They could lose 42-0 and he will always look for a spin.

Here are the possible job openings:

Baltimore
Miami
Kansas City
St. Louis
San Francisco
Atlanta
Carolina

Wouldn't be surprised if Gregg gets an interview.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#13 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:37 pm

Gotta give the Packers the inside track to represent the NFC in Arizona. A Favre vs Brady duel would be classic!
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#14 » by LyricalRico » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:34 pm

WTF is Al Davis doing? I understand opening up the wallet to make your team better but, other than DeAngelo Hall, he's been throwing tons of cash at B or C level players. Even if those guys produce, it'll all be for nothing if Russell doesn't get real good real fast.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by Rafael122 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:35 pm

I like what they're doing. Giving up a 2nd round pick hurts since it's basically a first round pick, but they have two really good corners now, and if they pick McFadden, that Russell-McFadden combo will be sick if they both pan out.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#16 » by LyricalRico » Tue Apr 1, 2008 5:59 pm

Raiders sign C John Wade. He's got a lot of miles on him but he's solid. He's a guy I wanted the Skins to take a look at as a more durable option than Rabach.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#17 » by LyricalRico » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:29 pm

Any way the Skins can get in on this?

Jared Allen's days with the Chiefs appear to be numbered.

Allen, the NFL's reigning sack leader, told FOXSports.com that the Vikings and Buccaneers have held trade talks with the Chiefs and he anticipates a deal will get done prior to next week's draft.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8043460?MSNHPHMA
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by Rafael122 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:24 pm

Not unless you want the team to give the Chiefs a 1st and a 3rd.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#19 » by LyricalRico » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:06 pm

Pacman + Tank + TO = :onfire:
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by Rafael122 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:22 am

Sucks to be Aaron Rodgers and Farve is being such a douche about the whole thing. Just retire already you fool, stop **** with the man's head like that.

Return to Washington Football Team