[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

I'm so done with Al Saunders and Joe Gibbs

Moderator: LyricalRico

Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

I'm so done with Al Saunders and Joe Gibbs 

Post#1 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:41 pm

No killer instinct and the worst 2nd half play calling ever.

Why the **** is Betts in the game in the last minute? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This should be in overtime right now.

**** Gibbs
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#2 » by LyricalRico » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:09 am

I'm in full agreement. They should have stayed aggressive in response to the Giants TD to open the 3rd. Instead they start trying to run out the clock...IN THE THIRD QUARTER! It wasn't until they got down that they started throwing the ball and "voila" - they move the football again. They could have simply done that the whole second half and the game wouldn't have been in question.

And that has to be one of the worst goal line possessions I've seen in a while. You're on the 1...Portis has already scored from there once...why not just give it to him 3 straight times and take your chances?

Way too conservative and way too cute on the goal line. At this point, Joe Gibbs is an average in game NFL coach and has been since he came back. He's not on the Eddie Jordan level but he's getting close.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#3 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:20 am

Lyrical, Gibbs has officially reached Eddie Jordan level.

Having Betts in the last minute of the game instead of CP was Haywood-Thomas esque. Seriously, how dumb can you get? Betts blows in the end zone and CP is a monster in it. Absolutely Eddie Jordan esque. It reminded me of how Eddie puts Ruffin in the last seconds of games instead of Haywood.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#4 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:22 pm

HAH, latest update, Al Saunders does not know why Clinton Portis was not in the game.

Yay for coaching staff blunders. Way to eff it Gibbs!
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#5 » by LyricalRico » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:14 pm

Gibbs probably trying to "punish" him for fumbling. I can see doing that with a rookie who's only getting spot playing time but you can bench your franchise back on a crucial series because you're mad at him. Almost like it was more important to stick it to Portis than to win. Sound familiar?

Man, the EJ parallels are really starting to scare me.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#6 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:01 pm

and the Eddie Jordan parralels continue. Why James Thrash is playing on offense just puzzles my mind. HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its like having 10 players on the field. Same goes with Todd Wade. Stephon Heyer has looked very good yet Wade gets playing time. Why in the world did we have Jason Fabini who has never played guard in his sucky career as the primary backup for that position.

His end in DC can't come any sooner.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#7 » by Higga » Wed Nov 7, 2007 3:37 am

I don't mind Thrash playing but I don't get why we keep throwing deep bombs to him. He's not exactly a burner or anything. Use him on some of the shorter stuff and for run blocking.

I think the problems are more Gibbs than Saunders. Our Offense has been **** the entire time Gibbs has been here, but Saunders has been productive everywhere else.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,834

Post#8 » by Rafael122 » Wed Nov 7, 2007 3:48 am

Two different philosophies, Gibbs wants to run, Saunders wants to mix in a little pass.

They have to meet somewhere in the middle. They need to decide what they want to do more of based on matchups. Take the Jets for example, worse rushing defense in the league, so they run for like 250+ yards.

The Eagles? The Cowboys ran all over them, mixed in a little play action as well. That's what we need to do, although our receivers can't catch worth ****.

Another thing, when its 3rd and 2, don't pass the ball!
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.

Return to Washington Football Team