[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Skins vs. Lions

Moderator: LyricalRico

Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Skins vs. Lions 

Post#1 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Oct 1, 2007 12:24 am

I have a bad feeling about this game. The Lions strength on defense is there defensive line, our weakness is the injured offensive line. The Lions weakness on offense is their offense line and too bad we don't have defensive line that resembles a pass rush and how do we blitz them when they have the best 4 WR set in teh league. :-?

I hope we can pull out a win.
likwitdesi
Starter
And1: 60

Post#2 » by likwitdesi » Mon Oct 1, 2007 3:05 am

I still think we need to run at them hard. Why? We need to be the ones controlling the pace of the game, not them. JC will not be able to handle a shootout, because he just does not have the experience for one yet. We need to sell out against the pass and force the Lions to run the ball with their cadre of average backs. My suggestion is to use a ton of Marcus Washington at DE, use 2 LBs (with Landry basically acting as an extra LB) and use a ton of Macklin and Smoot in coverage. Let's hope Calvin Johnson misses this next game too. I think we can actually handle the Lions in coverage. Furrey does not scare me as a possession guy so I would let the injured Smoot take him. Carlos did an excellent job on Curtis so I would let him take the red-hot McDonald.

The key player this game is going to be Mr. Sean Taylor. He has to set the tone on defense by NAILING these WRs.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,830

Post#3 » by Rafael122 » Mon Oct 1, 2007 3:32 am

The Lions could be without Calvin Johnson. Detroit is pretty bad at running the ball, so the only thing I'm worried about is their passing offense, but I think with our corners, we could maintain them.

I think JC needs to have a big game here. Not trying to put pressure on the kid, but the Lions have a really bad secondary. Absolutely no excuse if he doesn't have at least 2 touchdowns.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
MF23
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#4 » by MF23 » Mon Oct 1, 2007 9:00 pm

I've got the skins losing this one. I think there going to underestimate the Lions when they have no business doing so. Carlos Rogers is the weakest starter on the D and he'll be exploited against the Lions.
Et tu Bilas.
MD
jmrosenth
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 108

Post#5 » by jmrosenth » Fri Oct 5, 2007 7:05 pm

Who the hell knows what's going to happen with this game. I could see a Skins blowout or a LIONS blowout. I could see a defensive struggle or an offensive shootout. I have no idea.
[quote:6312c12ed1="imperium1999"]
i had had two martinis at this point so i asked her if he every shouted DAGGER in the bedroom with her.

she looked at me kinda strangely and said she had no idea what DAGGER meant.
[/quote]
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by Rafael122 » Fri Oct 5, 2007 7:23 pm

Moss is doubtful for the game. Should be interesting how this team plays offensively.

I'm gonna make a prediction and say the 'Skins lose. 2 weeks ago, I would have thought...4-1 maybe, now...2-2, maybe 2-3.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#7 » by Wizards2Lottery » Fri Oct 5, 2007 8:09 pm

http://www.redskins.com/

Good media day by Gibbs today. This is the first time since JG II i've seen him this animated and angry. Hopefully the team plays with the same passion as him for the remainder of the season. We've blown more 4rth quarter leads than any team in the NFL over the past three years. Can't let that happen anymore.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by Rafael122 » Fri Oct 5, 2007 11:01 pm

If he had just ran the ball or maybe even gone for a QB sneak or maybe even let Saunders call the plays inside the 20, they probably would have won that game and 3-0 right now. I've noticed the majority of the problems are coming when this team is in the red zone, poor clock management, etc and that has to be Gibbs since its been said that he calls the plays inside the 20.
Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Post#9 » by Scabs304 » Sat Oct 6, 2007 7:48 pm

Redskins win 28-24.
I am Scabs.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by Rafael122 » Sun Oct 7, 2007 4:43 pm

Moss is out, Calvin Johnson will play. Man, this game could be over by the half.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#11 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sun Oct 7, 2007 4:56 pm

Moss is feeling good but were keeping him out for precautionary reasons. Thats dumb as hell. If we lose because of a piss poor passing game, our coaches deserve to be egged.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by Rafael122 » Sun Oct 7, 2007 6:06 pm

Well, we're clicking on offense! Randle-El has 7 catches for 100 yards, and Sellers is just running over people at will. 14-0 Redskins with 1:56 left.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#13 » by LyricalRico » Sun Oct 7, 2007 9:26 pm

I almost choked on my dollar store cola when Rogers caught that pick. Hopefully this is the start of something good for him. As for the team as a whole, complete dominance of the line of scrimmage on both sides and Campbell looks like a franchise QB.

The only problem now is keeping the WRs healthy. Moss and now Randle El out with hammy problems could mean a tough road ahead for the offense. Yeah, they were clicking today but they'll be facing a much different defense next week against the Packers. Who would have thought that signing Keenan McCardell could be the move that saves our season?
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by Rafael122 » Sun Oct 7, 2007 10:06 pm

I wouldn't say his signing saves our season, but it does improve our WR depth. Great game, complete domination on all facets of the game. Just a great game to watch. Yeah, the Lions defense is putrid but this is the type of game that could get the offense rolling and get some confidence.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#15 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sun Oct 7, 2007 10:28 pm

I believe they said before pre game show that Moss was feeling extremely good but sat out as a precautionary reason. Not sure about El but I expect Moss to be back next week.

Campbell was amazing today considering the lack of threats he had.

The secondary, I'm begining to think this is the best unit in the NFL. Its not joke limiting the Lions and Mike Martz to only 103 passing yards,

Complete dominance by the D. I won't put too much stock in the offense but the D just dismantled everything that was blue. Just hope Smoot is alright.
likwitdesi
Starter
And1: 60

Post#16 » by likwitdesi » Sun Oct 7, 2007 11:34 pm

The Pack is going to be a tough test, especially up in Lambeau. Thing is if we let the Lions score only 3 points, I fail to see how the Pack will score more than ten on our defense. I liked today's gameplan of using Daniels as a DT and Marcus as a DE most of the game. We need to do the same thing against the Pack and make sure Favre has his first bad game of the season.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#17 » by LyricalRico » Mon Oct 8, 2007 3:03 am

likwitdesi wrote:Thing is if we let the Lions score only 3 points, I fail to see how the Pack will score more than ten on our defense.

Well, the Packers have better pass protection and they've also got a guy by the name of Favre back there to "pitch it around a bit". The line and the QB will both be superior to what the defense faced against the Lions. Green Bay's receivers are they best they've been in several years and they way their running game is looking against Chicago, Gregg Williams will have to respect that, too.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,472

Post#18 » by CBS7 » Mon Oct 8, 2007 11:13 am

Lets go REDSKINS next week!!
jmrosenth
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 108

Post#19 » by jmrosenth » Mon Oct 8, 2007 4:52 pm

This team is PHYSICAL...offensively and defensively. It seems that they are developing an identity. I still don't know what to make of the Lions, but the team took care of bidness yesterday.
[quote:6312c12ed1="imperium1999"]

i had had two martinis at this point so i asked her if he every shouted DAGGER in the bedroom with her.

she looked at me kinda strangely and said she had no idea what DAGGER meant.

[/quote]
Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Post#20 » by Scabs304 » Mon Oct 8, 2007 6:40 pm

I have to say my favorite part of this game was the Block by Sean Taylor on special teams. My mom yelled at me when I was laughing about the guy not getting up. I was like he'll be alright he just his bell rung. Anyways there was some brutal hits layed out to the opposing team by the Redskins and it just makes me giddy.
I am Scabs.

Return to Washington Football Team