[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Skins vs. Vikes

Moderator: LyricalRico

Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Skins vs. Vikes 

Post#1 » by Scabs304 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:20 pm

Peterson rushes for under 50 and Taylor under 30. Skins win with a dominating performance by the offensive line.
I am Scabs.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,834

Post#2 » by Rafael122 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:36 pm

Vikings defensive line is awesome, with Kevin and Pat Williams there. Fun game to watch IMO. Playoff implications, both teams with a two running back monster. I think we have the edge here. Jackson is improving, but I think the Skins defense will have a field day with him.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
likwitdesi
Starter
And1: 60

Post#3 » by likwitdesi » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:15 pm

Rafael122 wrote:Vikings defensive line is awesome, with Kevin and Pat Williams there. Fun game to watch IMO. Playoff implications, both teams with a two running back monster. I think we have the edge here. Jackson is improving, but I think the Skins defense will have a field day with him.

I dunno. Jackson looks like an uber-careful QB from watching him a bit. My roommate is a Vikes fan so I have a decent idea of the team. Their DL like ours does not generate that much pressure but the LBs make plays
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#4 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:04 pm

The Vikings have a better running game than us and a better rush defense.

We have a better passing game and a much better pass defense.

Get a lead and force Jackson to pass. That has to be the game plan. We can't play clock control on the Vikes. WE need to strike fast and put the game in Minnostas passing games hand.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 112

Post#5 » by W. Unseld » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:36 pm

If I were the Vikes I don't think getting a lead would force me to pass much. I think I would still be doing hand offs and "pass" dump offs to A. Peterson.
$$D-Block$$
Senior
And1: 0

Post#6 » by $$D-Block$$ » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:09 am

^^

Very true. We will not abandon the run game ever. We did that early in the year for stretches and it didn't work out. To be honest, I really like our chances in this game. Collins hasn't thrown a pick yet, but I expect that to change. I can't see you guys doing a lot of running, so the game will probably be in his hands, which plays in our favor. Overall

Redskins 14
Vikings 24
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,834

Post#7 » by Rafael122 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:56 am

Unless Minnesota gets a competent QB for next year, I think the Vikings got exposed big time. Redskins defense gave other teams a blueprint on how to stop Peterson.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.

Return to Washington Football Team