[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Hail To The Redskins

Moderator: LyricalRico

long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Re: Hail To The Redskins 

Post#101 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:17 am

Could we look more suck than we have the past two weeks? (I'm writing this at the start of the 4th... hoping that Zorn will let Brennan play the rest of the way so that we can WIN the game).

By the way, how is it that Colt is wearing #5? I thought that they retired it after Heath Shuler.
In Rizzo we trust
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#102 » by yungal07 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:25 am

oh god...the colt brennan groupies are starting to get annoying.....
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 379

Post#103 » by Benjammin » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:36 am

So, ah, yeah, what draft picks do we have in 2009?
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,129

Post#104 » by Dat2U » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:33 am

Benjammin wrote:So, ah, yeah, what draft picks do we have in 2009?

That Jason Taylor trade is looking better every day. :-?

A while back I said in this thread that it made little since to trade a 2nd round pick (which might be pretty high now) for a 33 yr old who may not play beyond this season and it wouldn't make much of a difference on the field b/c the Redskins were not a playoff team in my mind. I thought at best this was an 8-8 team, I now realize may have been a bit optimistic.

Were old, soft and lack any type of star power. I can't name one guy that I'd consider an elite player at their position. Cooley may be one of the better tight ends but I wouldn't call him a star. Samuels is solid for a LT but overrated. Portis is solid but no longer the explosive back of a few years ago. We'll be lucky if Jason Taylor plays beyond this season and continues to do so at a high level.

Our one true star was Sean Taylor, God bless his soul.

I have hope for LaRon Landry but this team has a long rebuilding process ahead of it. Too bad the front office will continue to be in denial and will assuredly look for more quick fixes. Who knows, maybe Vinny Cerrato will find away to pry Chad Johnson away from Cincy for next years 1st & 4th rounders.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 781

Post#105 » by LyricalRico » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:57 am

The overrated O-line is really showing it's colors now and an undersized defense is getting gashed for big plays. We're in for a long season folks.

Oh and Tryon is garbage. Pure, un-adulterated garbage.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#106 » by Wizards2Lottery » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:33 pm

Defense is the least of my concerns. We barely played starters all preseason.

I'm worried about the offense. I love Portis but Betts has impressed me more. I never see Portis hit the hole as fast as Betts. The offensive line is going to suck ass until Jansen and Kendall are replaced.

Jason Campbell... well lets just say that I feel the same about him right now the way I did for Ramsey.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,360

Post#107 » by Kanyewest » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:03 pm

Stephon Heyer is now fighting for the right tackle spot over the likes of Jon Jansen according to Redskins insider.
Soup's Uncle
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#108 » by Soup's Uncle » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:15 pm

JOn Jansen is doneski. I see Heyer getting that spot before week 4. Jansen can't stay healthy.
F Street = Wall Street
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#109 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Sep 2, 2008 5:49 pm

Skins fans... get ready for another long, bad stretch. This latest flare up between Frost and management is the canary in the coal mine. I don't have any problem with cutting Frost. But, I do think his analysis is spot on. The Skins kept all their draft picks not because they were the best candidates for spots, but to make the Dan and the Vin look good.

Come on, Tryon over Richardson? Keeping both WR draft picks on the active roster and cutting McMullen?
In Rizzo we trust
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#110 » by Wizards2Lottery » Tue Sep 2, 2008 6:05 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Skins fans... get ready for another long, bad stretch. This latest flare up between Frost and management is the canary in the coal mine. I don't have any problem with cutting Frost. But, I do think his analysis is spot on. The Skins kept all their draft picks not because they were the best candidates for spots, but to make the Dan and the Vin look good.

Come on, Tryon over Richardson? Keeping both WR draft picks on the active roster and cutting McMullen?

Knee Jerk reactions FTL. You would seriously keep McMullen, a proven NFL failure rather than our rookie wideouts just because one guy lit up the NFL preseason and the others were battling injuries?

You would keep Richardson, who looked as bad as Tryon?

The Skins kept all there draft picks because A:

1. All low round picks performed. Kareem Moore showed great flashes as a starter. Horton did good. Jackson did good. Brooks was better than Frost.

2. Too much invested and not a large or significant sample frame to decide weather our three 2nd round picks are worthy of being cut.

The only one that has somewhat of an argument is Tryon and Richardson which is like arguing if cow **** is better or horse ****.
yungal07
Banned User

Post#111 » by yungal07 » Tue Sep 2, 2008 6:55 pm

Jon Jansen gets benched for Heyer. It was inevitable going off the way Jansen has looked during the preseason.
Soup's Uncle
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#112 » by Soup's Uncle » Tue Sep 2, 2008 7:07 pm

Jansen is like me when I play Chess....not good.
F Street = Wall Street
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#113 » by LyricalRico » Tue Sep 2, 2008 8:17 pm

What just happened to Jansen should have happened to Samuels at least 2 years ago. This could be the most overrated offensive line in football (which is something I've said for a while). If the Skins don't spend all of their money/picks next offseason on linemen they're gonna be in big trouble.
yungal07
Banned User

Post#114 » by yungal07 » Tue Sep 2, 2008 8:22 pm

LyricalRico wrote:What just happened to Jansen should have happened to Samuels at least 2 years ago. This could be the most overrated offensive line in football (which is something I've said for a while). If the Skins don't spend all of their money/picks next offseason on linemen they're gonna be in big trouble.

Samuels is very good. Much better than Jansen IMO. I don't think the OL is overrated. They're pretty good...I don't remember a time when they've been dominated the past couple of seasons...
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,129

Post#115 » by Dat2U » Tue Sep 2, 2008 8:27 pm

LyricalRico wrote:What just happened to Jansen should have happened to Samuels at least 2 years ago. This could be the most overrated offensive line in football (which is something I've said for a while). If the Skins don't spend all of their money/picks next offseason on linemen they're gonna be in big trouble.

Come on, Samuels isn't that bad. Yes, Samuels is overrated, but he's still a starting quality left tackle. Jansen is and has been putrid the past couple of years. Jansen should seriously think about retirement. He just can't get it done anymore.

But I do agree with you that the offensive line is a priority. Hell, this team has a ton of priorities when looking at the roster. There's not one single position on the roster that I feel overly confident about. Although the impending cap hell that supposedly was to doom this franchise for the past five years has been greatly overstated, it is disturbing to see such limited cap flexibility for team that's so old and has a ton of holes.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,799

Post#116 » by Rafael122 » Tue Sep 2, 2008 10:31 pm

Samuels is still one of the best left tackles in the game. Bar none. Jansen is done more b/c of injuries than lack of skill or talent. He's still very talented, but he hasn't been able to come back from the Achilles injury or the broken thumbs.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#117 » by LyricalRico » Tue Sep 2, 2008 10:35 pm

What?!?! I bet if you totaled up penaties and sacks allowed over the last 5 years, Samuels would lead this team in both categories. The guy is a bum. I hate him almost as much as I hated Kwame.

Oh and did any of the cuts get screwed worse than Billy McMullen? The team was looking for a big receiver and he produced in the pre-season. He does drop passes but right now he's a better 4th receiving option than either Thomas or Kelly. Even if you don't keep him all season, at least for a few games until the the draft picks are ready to play.

And not only did the team screw McMullen, they also screwed themselves just so that Snyder's caddy...err...our GM can feel good about his first draft. How you keep garbage like Tryon who will never see the field over a guy who you actually need is beyond me.
yungal07
Banned User

Post#118 » by yungal07 » Wed Sep 3, 2008 12:21 am

LyricalRico wrote:What?!?! I bet if you totaled up penaties and sacks allowed over the last 5 years, Samuels would lead this team in both categories. The guy is a bum. I hate him almost as much as I hated Kwame.

That may be possible, but also remember that the left tackle almost always is the toughest position on the line because that is usually the qb's blindside.

Naw, I don't agree with you there. There are other players on the team that are overrated...I don't think Samuels is one of them. Jansen was one of them. Suisham is one of them. Rock Cartwright, Smoot, Washington and Griffin round out the group.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#119 » by Wizards2Lottery » Thu Sep 4, 2008 6:38 pm

Who the **** is ready for tonight????

:wave: Liver
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#120 » by LyricalRico » Thu Sep 4, 2008 7:18 pm

Well, I'm planning on finishing off the Miller High Life 6-pack in my fridge so I don't think my liver is in immediate danger. But I do have a bottle of Dewars standing by if things go horribly wrong.

That being said I'm predicting a win tonight (and no - I haven't already opened that Dewars bottle).

Return to Washington Football Team