[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Hail To The Redskins

Moderator: LyricalRico

Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Re: Hail To The Redskins 

Post#41 » by Rafael122 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:42 pm

My point was however, there was no rush to get Taylor (which you suggested we absolutely needed) until Daniels & his backup went down.

Actually there was, b/c if you want a guy like Taylor, you bring him in as soon as possible to learn the playbook.

And he's already said he's fulfilling his contract so he's here for at least 2 seasons.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#42 » by fishercob » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:39 pm

Severn Hoos, has that been you posting on the new Skins blog?
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#43 » by mohammed10 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:54 am

I, for one, like the aggression of the Vinny to go out and (FINALLY) address a huge area of need for us. He basically had no choice. He had to make the move or bag the season. His drafting is another conversation altogether.

My biggest concern is what's behind the D-line. Our LBs are not exceptional (M Washington is coming off big time hip injuries and Rocky McIntosh may start the year on the IR list). DBs are also a bit thin, with Carlos Rogers likely out until a few weeks into the season.

Working the waiver wire is not the way a potential playoff team should roll into the season...
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Post#44 » by W. Unseld » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:59 pm

I think the Taylor scenario could work out (it could also easily go south) but no one was beating down the door to get Taylor and other training camps hadn't started yet. I think they negotiated from a position of weakness which they brought upon themselves by failing to draft d-line in the first 3 rounds of the draft since I believe Kenard Freakin' Lang, which if memory serves would have been under Casserly, not Vinny.

As for the season, I have trouble drinking the cool aid b/c the west coast offense takes 2-3 years to learn by most accounts. Who hear thinks Danny is going to be patient enough to let that play out? Anyone who doesn't think the coaching search was a total fiasco needs to talk to me about some investing opportunities. I'm not saying it will necessarily be a bad outcome, but the process was definitely effed up.
Cramer
Lead Assistant
And1: 381

Post#45 » by Cramer » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:22 pm

Another line of thought on there was being rush to make the move is that all it takes is another DE on another team to go down with camps starting and all of a sudden you've got Parcell's with two teams bidding against each other. Historically, that ain't exactly been known to drive the price down.

So, it seems to me that if you want him, go get him. They did. It wasn' cheap but if it doesn't pan out it doesn't kill them either. Which ever way they went they were taking some chances. And they did get him cheaper than it would have been 3 months ago.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#46 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:08 am

I went to this mornings practice... Malcolm Kelly and Fred Davis look legit. I didn't like the Davis pick at first, but this guy could turn out to be a steal.
lupin
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#47 » by lupin » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:27 am

Silver has Mr Snyder down as the 3rd best owner in the NFL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=m ... &type=lgns
------------------------------
New RealGM :: New Coke :: is the suck.
GilbertisNice72
Rookie

Post#48 » by GilbertisNice72 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:18 pm

In addition to Taylor, The Redskins (not my particular cup of NFL tea) have also acquired some additional help on the sidelines.

And from our own Wiz Dance Team no less.

Buffy is now a Redskinette!

I'll certainly miss her being at Verizon Center (as I NEVER go to FedEx field), but I'll also enjoy picking up the newest Redskins calendar for the '08-'09 season! lol
spaceman_E
Sixth Man
And1: 30

Post#49 » by spaceman_E » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:34 pm

The Redskins Do have the hottest cheerleaders in the league. Maybe that's part of why Snyder is up there in best owners.

As for the trade, I agree the Skins were just compensating for the terrible trades and drafting strategy of the past few years, but at least we got a player with REAL talent this time.

As for the team, I don't think Campbell really fits the west coast offense all that well, but he will still be a beast this year. He was so, so much better than his numbers last year it's ridiculous. How many times did he crush teams in the first half, build a 7-10 point lead and then all of a sudden we were 2 runs, a 3rd and 8 pass and then punt in the 2nd half. The other team catches up, Campbell leads us to a FG or TD with about 5 or 6 minutes left to put us ahead, the defense gives up a score and then Jason gets blamed for not being able to re-take the lead with about 1-2 minutes left. Same script for about 3/4 of our losses. THAT is what we need to fix. Don't let up, don't get predictable in the second half and quit blaming the QB when it's the defense that crumbled under pressure all year long. Late in the game is when I think Taylor's acquisition will really help us.
You don't win friends with salad.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#50 » by Wizards2Lottery » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:24 pm

Season starts this sunday!!!!

:wave: liver
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,867

Post#51 » by Wizardspride » Sun Aug 3, 2008 12:48 am

Congratulations to Art Monk , Darrell Green &Emmitt Thomas :nod:
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Skins 2008
Ballboy

Post#52 » by Skins 2008 » Sun Aug 3, 2008 2:28 am

I am very proud to be a Redskins fan tonight because it was great to see Redskins Nation out in full force in Canton today. Darrell Green and Art Monk are not only 2 of the greatest players in history but 2 of the classiest ever to play their speeches were wonderful. That 3 minute Standing Ovation Art got was Awesome!
mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#53 » by mohammed10 » Sun Aug 3, 2008 4:07 am

Skins 2008 wrote:I am very proud to be a Redskins fan tonight because it was great to see Redskins Nation out in full force in Canton today. Darrell Green and Art Monk are not only 2 of the greatest players in history but 2 of the classiest ever to play their speeches were wonderful. That 3 minute Standing Ovation Art got was Awesome!

+1 - from this proud 'Skins fan!
HAIL!

:clap: :bowdown: :meditate: :football: :rock:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#54 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun Aug 3, 2008 6:46 pm

Skins 2008 wrote:I am very proud to be a Redskins fan tonight because it was great to see Redskins Nation out in full force in Canton today. Darrell Green and Art Monk are not only 2 of the greatest players in history but 2 of the classiest ever to play their speeches were wonderful. That 3 minute Standing Ovation Art got was Awesome!

I'm man enough to admit I was ballin' when I saw the ovation and witnessed Darrell Green getting all misty for Monk. A proud moment to commemorate an era unlike any other in DC sports history.
In Rizzo we trust
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#55 » by doclinkin » Mon Aug 4, 2008 2:21 am

Colt Brennan looks pretty good against the back-ups. Crisp, un-shook, like he thinks he belongs out there. At least it keeps the pre-season exciting. Usually preseason is miserable football, but he's actually making plays.
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#56 » by yungal07 » Mon Aug 4, 2008 2:31 am

All our quarterbacks and the offense in general has looked good. Other than a couple of blocking gaffes, i'm really impressed. hope this spills over into the regular season.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#57 » by mohammed10 » Mon Aug 4, 2008 3:06 am

Agree with solid offense.

D also looks good. Nice final stance to keep Indy out of end zone.

:P
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#58 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Aug 4, 2008 3:11 am

Team looks well prepared.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#59 » by LyricalRico » Mon Aug 4, 2008 3:45 am

Don't forget about the Official RealGM Skins Board. Here's a link to the HOF game thread:

viewtopic.php?f=182&t=830670
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#60 » by doclinkin » Mon Aug 4, 2008 3:07 pm

Thing I like best: minimal procedural errors on the O-line. False starts, game delays, last second time-outs to get the play in, etc. That shxt has driven me nuts this past decade or so.

But you know clearly we're due for the superbowl, the skins haven't looked this good since um... Osaka.

Return to Washington Football Team