Rotation going forward?

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,921

Re: Rotation going forward? 

Post#41 » by SK21209 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:13 am

Ball so hard wrote:
SK21209 wrote:So at least for tonight, Ham is starting Schroeder and DLo together in the backcourt. Really **** dumb IMO. We have 4 pretty good SGs in Reaves/Beasley/Walker/Christie and we start none of them.

Have to disagree with you here. Schröder is one of the few guards we have that isn’t a traffic cone. You absolutely cannot start a poor defender next to Russel. And I’m also not seeing starting material from Rui. He does almost nothing well.

Austin Reaves exists.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Post#42 » by Ball so hard » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:23 am

SK21209 wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:
SK21209 wrote:So at least for tonight, Ham is starting Schroeder and DLo together in the backcourt. Really **** dumb IMO. We have 4 pretty good SGs in Reaves/Beasley/Walker/Christie and we start none of them.

Have to disagree with you here. Schröder is one of the few guards we have that isn’t a traffic cone. You absolutely cannot start a poor defender next to Russel. And I’m also not seeing starting material from Rui. He does almost nothing well.

Austin Reaves exists.

No argument there as he’s certainly capable. The other names you mentioned are quite a stretch.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Post#43 » by Ball so hard » Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:10 am

Ball so hard wrote:

I think you owe both Ham and Schröder an apology after this game lol. Schröder was probably our best player this game.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#44 » by Pythagoras » Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:14 am

No Lebron.

AD with an off game.

Still win on the road. I’m telling y’all, this team is very deep.
Numbers rule the universe.
zuju
Senior
And1: 127

Post#45 » by zuju » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:20 am

Most ppl here underrated Venderbuilt esp his impact on defense. We need his defense against some of the best wings in the league like Wiggins, Kawhi and Luka.

We have already got a traffic cones Dlo, Beasly , Rui and Walker. We need somebody to defend the perimeter. Venderbuilt is excellent and Reaves can hold his own. Schrolder is capable against most PGs.
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,921

Post#46 » by SK21209 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:37 pm

Ball so hard wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:

I think you owe both Ham and Schröder an apology after this game lol. Schröder was probably our best player this game.

Schroder was great tonight, both offensively and with the lock-and-trail stuff defensively. I still don’t want him to start with DLo when LeBron is back though. We have enough ball handling between LeBron/DLo in the starting lineup, so that second guard spot should go to Reaves IMO since he’s as good or better defensively and a better spot up option/complimentary player offensively. Dennis can lead that high-energy bench unit with Beasley and Vanderbilt.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,048

Post#47 » by R-DAWG » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:18 pm

SK21209 wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:

Schroder was great tonight, both offensively and with the lock-and-trail stuff defensively. I still don’t want him to start with DLo when LeBron is back though. We have enough ball handling between LeBron/DLo in the starting lineup, so that second guard spot should go to Reaves IMO since he’s as good or better defensively and a better spot up option/complimentary player offensively. Dennis can lead that high-energy bench unit with Beasley and Vanderbilt.

Schroeder is probably the best point of attack defender on the roster, and I can see Ham sticking with him in the starting lineup, especially since DLo has SG size. Personally, I would be starting Troy Brown Jr along with Russell, Rui, Lebron and AD.

Bench unit would be Schroeder, Beasley, Vanderbilt, Bamba with Austin Reaves getting some minutes as well. But, I'm not sure he's in the top-9.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,762

Post#48 » by ROballer » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:03 am

Now that the dust is settled, we're clearly running a 10 man rotation barring injuries/blowouts.

Russell/Beasley/Lebron/Vando/Davis starting.

Schroder/Reaves/Brown/Hachimura/Bamba coming off the bench.

Lonnie is not in the rotation.

I'm fine with this but I think we can upgrade Brown's spot. I still want Will Barton to get his minutes.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,276

Post#49 » by heezyo2o » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:08 pm

Haven't seen bamba much, but I think they could have packaged Beverly and Lonnie for something better.

Doesn't make sense to have kept Lonnie if he's barely in the rotation and going to walk this summer

Return to Los Angeles Lakers