ImageImageImageImageImage

Would you take Thomas Bryant Back?

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

That_Casual
Sophomore
And1: 35

Would you take Thomas Bryant Back? 

Post#1 » by That_Casual » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:52 pm

Seems very unlikely that the Lakers don’t waive Mo Bamba when he has $10m non guaranteed salary for next season.

Now maybe Bamba would take a vet min and come back on that but seems Ham doesn’t rate him.

Thomas Bryant clearly has not had a very good time at the Nuggets. DNP even when Jokic has been out.

Would you take him back on another vet min this summer? He was good on offence for us but obviously pretty terrible on defence. We clearly need a back up center this off season so would you take Bryant?

It they’d both accept Vet Mins would you prefer Bamba or Bryant? If they’d both take vet mins tbh i’d probably bring both in.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,824

Re: Would you take Thomas Bryant Back? 

Post#2 » by TylersLakers » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:18 pm

I'd prefer Bamba. He got hurt at the wrong time.
zuju
Senior
And1: 126

Post#3 » by zuju » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:24 pm

Thomas Bryant didn't have much playing time when AD was healthy. That's the main reason he asked out.

Ham just doesn't like to play twin tower. He refused to put Bamba or Gabriel on the court last night prove it. Gabriel is not a tower though.

Bamba give you 3 point shooting, rebounding and rim protection. He can definitely contribute some 10-20 minutes per night
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,335

Post#4 » by TheHartBreakKid » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:39 pm

I’ll gladly take him back for the minimum next year if Rob could trade him for 3 2nd rounders again by the 2024 deadline.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,562

Post#5 » by stan francisco » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:51 pm

If it’s a guaranteed S&T landing us someone else, yes. Otherwise it’s a pass for me.

He has no lateral quickness left, becomes a cone on defense, can’t build winning team defense around that.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#6 » by Vae Victus » Mon May 1, 2023 4:07 am

For the vet min sure and try to pawn him off again for some SRPs :D

The regular season we need big man depth so that AD dosent get worn down. Bamba would be ideal but 10.3mil is alot to swallow, if he comes back for the vet min that'd be a huge acquisition, and use the TMLE for some swingman depth since Jeannie sure as **** wont pay Beasley 17mil to suck.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Post#7 » by LAKESHOW » Mon May 1, 2023 4:52 am

He himself wanted out. So no.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Doug_12
Senior
And1: 446

Post#8 » by Doug_12 » Tue May 2, 2023 9:39 pm

I wouldn't. With this roster we don't need a C w/ his skillset: I mean we don't need someone whose strength is to score and is weakness is that he is one of the worst defenders of his position.

I'd much rather target someone who is maybe a worse player overall, but has a more complete skillset and who can fit in to lineups w/ different styles. Of course for vet min, there is no complete player out there, but there are some, whose weaknesses can maybe be exploited less than Bryant's. Someone like Dwight Powell or Drew Eubanks.

(Or if for some reason he is available at this price - which I don't think will happen: Mason Plumlee)

Return to Los Angeles Lakers