ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers @ Warriors, Game 2, Thursday 6PM PST, 8PM CST

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,385

Re: Lakers @ Warriors, Game 2, Thursday 6PM PST, 8PM CST 

Post#61 » by xinxin » Fri May 5, 2023 12:48 pm

didnt watch it anymore after the Warriors got a double digit lead by half time. I knew we were done.

Warriors made their run as soon as AD went to the bench in the 2nd period.

the 8 pt lakers lead got wiped out & warriors up by 4 after a couple of minutes. & that was the ball game. that was all the confidence the warriors needed to regain.

now we have a series again.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,205

Post#62 » by LAKESHOW » Fri May 5, 2023 4:01 pm

AD is just an unknown. Just unpredictable. We can lose this series, obviously, we got blown by 27 last night. All I'm sayin, is just fight. At least drag em to 7 gamer, and let em know we fought till the end
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 222

Post#63 » by sonnyhill » Fri May 5, 2023 4:37 pm

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:We are very bad on defense. And as a fan of Austin I'll say this is probably his worst game that I saw.

Since the trade deadline, the Lakers have been the best defensive team in the NBA. Any defender who is matched up against either Curry or Thompson will have to run through a gauntlet of sreens-and-resets throughout the course of a game, and that will take its toll upon any defender. Austin Reaves is a really good player who may not be physically nor mentally prepared for this style of play.

Instead of putting Jarred Vanderbilt, a hard-working defensive specialst who is a liability on offense, on Curry, Ham might want to look at splitting the responsibility onto both DLo and Schroder, quicker perimeter players who can pick up Curry full court on defense and also can put pressure on Warrior defenders with their ability to break down opposing Warrior defensive players off the dribble.

What should frighten Laker fans is how Curry showed everyone that he can play like CP3 in a "more traditional point guard" role by dishing out 12 assists, while traditional point guards cannot play like Steph Curry and shoot 40% from the 3-point line.

How much responsibility of this Game 2 loss should fall upon the shoulders of Darvin Ham, a coach who has done a great job this season? There is no way to justify letting a team with no player on the court above 6"9 (Green in only 6"6 and was locking down AD) outrebound the Lakers the way that the Warriors did. F-ing demoralizing.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,248

Post#64 » by Kilroy » Fri May 5, 2023 5:49 pm

Not putting too much on the point differential for this game.. It was bound to be a loss... I don't think it matters too much how much of a loss as long as our guys are still healthy...

We kept it close up until the 3rd and then it just got away from us and we let it go...

LeBron Laker teams aren't Kobe Laker teams... those of us used to Kobe teams that fought until the final second, may not understand LeBron teams, which are more calculated in their response to being down...

But I am concerned that Ham really doesn't have a plan for GSW... Those calling out not doing more full court pressure with Schroder instead of Vande, I'd have to agree with...

But let's see what happens in LA... We looked terrible in GM 2 against the Grizz too..
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,562

Post#65 » by stan francisco » Fri May 5, 2023 11:23 pm

It’s 1-1. We stole home court from them. The point differential doesn’t matter one iota.

Kerr has made Reaves a non factor so far on both ends by not allowing him to play to any of his strengths.

Ham, what’s your plan for ‘taking out’ their third best player, Poole?

Ham, how many blow-bys will you grant D Lo’s side of the defense before you move him to the second unit?

Yes, it would suck to have to start Schroeder because his offense is about that of a third grader’s, but his defense at least won’t collapse on every possession like D Lo’s. In lieu of a reel point guard, let AD and LBJ initiate the offense. As long as our transition defense is tight we’d be okay. With D Lo starting it never will be, with Dennis starting there is a chance even if he usually kills our offensive flow completely with his bouncy-ball one on five idiocies.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,334

Post#66 » by tamaraw08 » Sat May 6, 2023 1:55 am

Kilroy wrote:Not putting too much on the point differential for this game.. It was bound to be a loss... .

But I am concerned that Ham really doesn't have a plan for GSW... Those calling out not doing more full court pressure with Schroder instead of Vande, I'd have to agree with...

But let's see what happens in LA... We looked terrible in GM 2 against the Grizz too..

But Ham did have a plan, SVG called in ABC= Anybody But Curry, so they blitzed him but Kerr was very prepared to punish it.
In essence, Kerr cooked Ham with Curry in a Klay Pot and it left a bad taste in my mouth.

The worst thing is Darvin didn’t have any back up plan or at least failed to adjust properly. A gritty Davis would have kept it close but…. It didn’t really matter if GSW didn’t have a true center who is 6-10 or taller, AD will decide when he will play like a top 5 player and last night wasn’t it.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,205

Post#67 » by LAKESHOW » Sat May 6, 2023 2:44 am

Didn't totally like Rajon Rondo, his shooting sucked. BUT HE WAS EXCELLENT in telling guys where to be, where to go, and tell AD get his a** on the blocks. AD shooting further away from basket is not successful
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,562

Post#68 » by stan francisco » Sat May 6, 2023 8:15 am

tamaraw08 wrote:In essence, Kerr cooked Ham with Curry in a Klay Pot and it left a bad taste in my mouth.

:D
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 495

Post#69 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sat May 6, 2023 2:09 pm

Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,875

Post#70 » by Beethoven » Sat May 6, 2023 10:23 pm

Tonite is the 3rd game and a toss up as to which AD will show up.
Go get this please.
Get this game dam lakers put this steph team away.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,385

Post#71 » by xinxin » Sun May 7, 2023 12:10 am

Let's Go Lakers!!!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers