ImageImageImageImageImage

Kwame Brown say sorrys lmao

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Sting3r
Head Coach
And1: 209

Post#21 » by Sting3r » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:25 am

ill accept the apology if he would stop touching the ball on offense. Hes just a disaster waiting to happen. I have no idea why he keeps insisting on wanting the ball down low.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#22 » by MAMBAEMD » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:40 am

I would accept his appology except he didn't appologize to us fans for his poor play. He appologized to Kobe and his other teammates for letting the fans get to him.
This from a veteran professional basketball player.
Whatever Jordan may or may not have done with Kwame's head was a long time ago. Jordan has long retired. The Lakers have been more than patient with him.
Kwame is now the center for the LA Lakers.
Let's stop using his confidence as an excuse.
There is no excuse for missing a wide open uncontested layup or dunk.
There is no excuse to shoot freethrows so poorly.
Message to Kwame:please don't appologize; just get in the gym early and practice freethrows and post moves. Practice catching the ball. Do whatever you can to help the team and try not to hurt them.
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#23 » by SashAlex » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:13 am

Well, he will have the chance to prove us wrong on Monday ! Good luck, Kwame !

It's gonna be ugly if he does the same thing against Nuggets.
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#24 » by Dexmor » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:20 pm

I don't know what Kwame is still doing here. The Knicks turned down Artest for Balkman and Nate and we can give them a close to equal package and the Nets are talking about Carter/Williams/Magloire for JO when we can offer Kwame/Odom/Critt and we are a different conference.
The deadline is coming up so Kwame should be gone soon enough.
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Post#25 » by Tommy Trojan » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:26 pm

10scott10 wrote:I honestly feel that kwame should smoke some weed before the next game. or play kinda drunk. he just seems far to tense while on the court and think that is a big contribution to his poor play. he needs to relax. at the minimum get a massage before the game.

:rofl: Ive been told that in my law class also. Just few days ago, LOLL :rofl:
8'sReverse
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: Southern California~ Watching the only LA NBA team, the Lakers!

Post#26 » by 8'sReverse » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:41 pm

It's going to be a funny day when Mbenga gets the start over Kwame.
Charles Barkley wrote:"I've got TWO words for you... 'Chris Paul and Steve Nash, must see TV'!"
Bigmiketruth
Starter
And1: 3

Post#27 » by Bigmiketruth » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:44 pm

This is what happens when you post an article that paraphrases

Kwame Brown apologized to teammates after his turnover-filled debacle that drew a series of boos in the Lakers' loss Thursday against Phoenix.

Brown, speaking to reporters Saturday for the first time since the Lakers' one-sided 106-98 loss to the Suns, acknowledged going "into a shell" after hearing fans' reactions to his struggles.

He had seven turnovers, four as the booing escalated in the third quarter, and missed numerous shots from close range, including a dunk, two layups and a hook shot. He finished with eight points and six rebounds and did not play in the fourth quarter.

"I apologized to Kobe [Bryant] and my teammates," Brown said. "They tried to pick me up and I just kept making turnovers and playing hot potato with the ball. There's no excuse for the dunks that I missed. I've just got to get up and finish them. The explosion is not there like it used to be. If I can't dunk it, I've got to make the layup at least. There's no excuse for that."

Brown, 25, is in the last season of a three-year contract worth $24.9 million and sat out 19 games because of a sprained left knee and ankle. He has been back for 10 games and has averaged nine points, eight rebounds and 4.5 turnovers in the two games since Andrew Bynum's knee injury.

It was extremely rare to hear Lakers fans boo a player from the team they follow.

"I'm just real disappointed in myself for reacting to it the way I did," Brown said. "Fans are going to be fans, but my top priority is my teammates and my coaches. I kind of went into a shell a little bit and didn't carry the threat of a shot even when they kept giving it to me. I'll take the blame for that. The confidence wasn't there."

Brown said he was initially confused by the crowd's reaction.

"I actually didn't start off too bad," he said. "I missed my first jump shot and they started booing from there, which was a little weird. I guess they're still panicking from the reaction of losing Andrew. It was an unfortunate situation because we definitely were in that ballgame and came back."

Numerous teammates came to Brown's defense, including Bryant, who said fans could stay home if they wanted to boo Brown.

Brown arrived early for Saturday's short practice and worked on his post moves with special assistant coach Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

He also spoke briefly with Coach Phil Jackson.

"I just mentioned the fact that I was not surprised how supportive his teammates were," Jackson said. "We know how well he can play. It's a difficult atmosphere and we expect him to come back and play well on Monday."

The Lakers play Denver that night at Staples Center. The Nuggets' center is Marcus Camby, last season's NBA defensive player of the year.

"Next game, I'm going to still come out and try to pass the ball and move the ball around, but I've definitely got to be more active, punch one in and whatever move I make -- make or miss -- I'm going to be aggressive with it," Brown said.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakerep20jan20,1,3172481.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-lakers

The guy was not making excuses, and fwiw is coming in early to work with Cap. If you post a real article instead of a blog post you'd get those things.
El Hardee
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#28 » by El Hardee » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:15 pm

8'sReverse wrote:It's going to be a funny day when Mbenga gets the start over Kwame.
I think starting Mbenga will do more harm to Kwame's psyche than booing. You better put Kwame on suicide watch if that happens.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,774

Post#29 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:32 pm

Kwames best way to apologize to fans is to be responsible for a win over the Nuggets.
Forum permissions