ImageImageImageImageImage

Bynum Inj. Update: espn - bynum WILL play thursday p.15

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,825

Re: Bynum Injury Updates: out entire regular season? pg. 7 

Post#101 » by TylersLakers » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:01 am

I don't know how much faith I put into that. They aren't going to know if he can practice until they're back from a 2 week road trip anyways.

He's doing practice drills tomorrow.

Phil also said, "It's probably going to be a while until he starts running." He started running the next day. I think Phil just hates giving "Bynum updates" every day.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#102 » by TonyMontana » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:13 pm

Andrew Bynum might not return to the Los Angeles Lakers before the NBA playoffs begin in April, coach Phil Jackson said Thursday.
Bynum
Jackson said Bynum is probably a month away from returning from a torn MCL in his right knee. The Lakers end their regular season on April 14, with the playoffs starting soon afterward.

"I would say he's still like a month away from being a player," Jackson said, according to Los Angeles-area media reports. "And if he had to do that in the postseason, then he's going to have to do it. That's just part of it. It's going to change how he comes back obviously."

Bynum was hurt on Jan. 31 in a game against the Memphis Grizzlies and was expected to return in eight to 12 weeks. He has been riding a stationary bike and working out on a treadmill, but that alone won't get him into game shape, Jackson indicated.

"The best case is that he plays the first part of April," Jackson said. "On the pace he's been going at this point, it's really hard to see him in two weeks all of a sudden being able to do that
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,452

Post#103 » by Dr Aki » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:28 am

im not sure, but bynum hasnt travelled with the lakers on their 13 day roadtrip

which makes the first game he could possibly be back would be April 3rd against Houston

being injury free and being in game shape are two different things

bynum takes a while to get rolling and playing in top form, if i was phil id throw him in against houston just to give him some burn if he was completely back from the MCL
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,825

Post#104 » by TylersLakers » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:43 am

Akiho wrote:im not sure, but bynum hasnt travelled with the lakers on their 13 day roadtrip

which makes the first game he could possibly be back would be April 3rd against Houston

being injury free and being in game shape are two different things

bynum takes a while to get rolling and playing in top form, if i was phil id throw him in against houston just to give him some burn if he was completely back from the MCL

He wasn't going to leave with them anyways unless he was completely healthy and ready to play - right now.

Now, he could join them at some point, but I doubt it. I think they'll hold him out until they get back from the road trip. Then he'll practice for a week, then he'll be back. I say he's back around the 7th-10th.
AceFresh
Senior
And1: 3

Post#105 » by AceFresh » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:17 am

I knew we'd be hearing a familiar tune, wasn't holding my breath this time though.
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#106 » by Dexmor » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:02 pm

I don't think he will be back this season. I am starting to think he's a dud.
DoctaJ
Sixth Man
And1: 401

Post#107 » by DoctaJ » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:05 pm

Dexmor wrote:I don't think he will be back this season. I am starting to think he's a dud.

Good for you, man. :roll:
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,099

Post#108 » by dockingsched » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:09 pm

a month from now puts him around 10 weeks. his original diagnosis was 8 to 12 weeks fyi.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,771

Post#109 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:37 pm

He’s not ready to start playing with his teammates, but Andrew Bynum IS ready to start dribbling a basketball. The Lakers center said Wednesday that he will being basketball-related activities at the end of this week, which is heralded news for the Lakers. This would be the next step in Bynum’s return from a torn medial collateral ligament in his right knee. “I’m going to increase my lateral movement come Friday and I’m going to try to get back on the court and do a lttle bit of drills on Friday as well,” Bynum said during an interview on KSPN/710.

Bynum put his return to the lineup “sometime in the middle of April.” It can’t come soon enough. WIth the regular-season winding down (it ends April 14), the Lakers seem weary and in of a pick-me-up. Bynum’s return would not only revitalize the team, but provide needed relief in the middle for Pau Gasol. who has been logging heavy minutes. Bynum has been sidelined since Jan. 31 when he went down in a collision with Kobe Bryant. He originally was expected to be sidelined for 8-12 weeks.

“This injury is way, way more mild than the injury I had last year,” Bynum said. “For one, I don’t need surgery. Last year, I definitely did. Number two, everything going straighy and backwards is 100 percent fine. I’m able to ru. It’s just the lateral movement that I have an issue with.”

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/03/19/bynum-is-bouncing-back/13619/
Forum permissions