ImageImageImageImageImage

Award Winning Lakers Board NBA Dynasty League - Year 9 - ROballer Wins Championship!

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,762

Re: Award Winning Lakers Board NBA Dynasty League - Year 9 

Post#1041 » by ROballer » Mon Apr 3, 2023 5:48 am

moonpie wrote:That's a wrap for me this year. Congrats to RO for winning the chip!!!

Honestly didn't even think I would make it past the first round with some of the injuries/load management that was going on. Looking forward to hopefully some better health next year and definitely open to talking trades with y'all!

Shoutout to this award winning league for giving me a bit of a distraction over the past few weeks as I've been dealing with some stuff IRL recently and it was nice to be able to absorb myself in matchups here and there. Appreciate everyone of you guys and see you in the offseason!

Thanks moonie. I'm sure you're next in line for guys who haven't won it yet. Your team is filled with talent when you have health on your side.

Unfortunately, we were both robbed of better results if not for Lillard/Haliburton shutdowns. Injuries are one thing, but plain shutdowns of healthy players are unacceptable.

Ironically, you probably would've won the matchup if you didn't trade Ingram for Lillard. Didn't check the totals, but saw Ingram went off a bunch of times this week.

Thanks to all of the guys as well, I invested 9 years in this and it finally paid off.
I know I said I will never quit, but I was super super close. I already said my fairwells to Optms. :lol: :lol:

Happened in the semi finals matchup, I was literally crushed by emotions and anger. I just beat Mamba in convincigly fashion just to **** the bed the 3rd time this year against tugs. Literally, it was the same damn scenario. Missing random games, players underperforming and getting terrible totals.

I can live with losing when I'm good, but getting an amount of stats one week, and literally half of that the next one is head scratching to me...and it was the 3rd time happening in a season against the same guy. Higher powers must be on the line.

Then the weekend happened and it changed everything..

As Optms said, I have four top 15 guys and six top 20 guys statistically. But I won this exclusively on the back of Kyle Anderson.
What a **** stud. Stepped up like a mofo during the playoffs, my MVP for sure.
Shutout to Clint Capela as well in the semi final matchup, he's the one who lead the comeback against tugs.

Team is not peaking yet. Yes, I have a ton of old farts, but I still think I can have a better season than this. A lot of missed games happened this year, but with the NBA CBA rule that you have to play minimum 65 games to qualify for the NBA awards, let's hope that incentives the players to play more games.

All my top dogs are striving for All NBA teams, but none played the 65 games limit this year. Hopefully that changes next year.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
ROballer
General Manager

Re: Award Winning Lakers Board NBA Dynasty League - Year 9 - ROballer Wins Championship! 

Post#1042 » by ROballer » Mon Apr 3, 2023 5:51 am

Also, can someone make the final draft order list?

Got to slowly make sure we get back to business. 8-)

tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Re: Award Winning Lakers Board NBA Dynasty League - Year 9 - ROballer Wins Championship! 

Post#1043 » by tugs » Mon Apr 3, 2023 7:19 am

Gatdamnit why can't I add now it's still early!
tugs
RealGM

Re: Award Winning Lakers Board NBA Dynasty League - Year 9 

Post#1044 » by tugs » Mon Apr 3, 2023 7:20 am

ROballer wrote:
moonpie wrote:That's a wrap for me this year. Congrats to RO for winning the chip!!!

Honestly didn't even think I would make it past the first round with some of the injuries/load management that was going on. Looking forward to hopefully some better health next year and definitely open to talking trades with y'all!

Shoutout to this award winning league for giving me a bit of a distraction over the past few weeks as I've been dealing with some stuff IRL recently and it was nice to be able to absorb myself in matchups here and there. Appreciate everyone of you guys and see you in the offseason!

Thanks moonie. I'm sure you're next in line for guys who haven't won it yet. Your team is filled with talent when you have health on your side.

Unfortunately, we were both robbed of better results if not for Lillard/Haliburton shutdowns. Injuries are one thing, but plain shutdowns of healthy players are unacceptable.

Ironically, you probably would've won the matchup if you didn't trade Ingram for Lillard. Didn't check the totals, but saw Ingram went off a bunch of times this week.

Thanks to all of the guys as well, I invested 9 years in this and it finally paid off.
I know I said I will never quit, but I was super super close. I already said my fairwells to Optms.

Happened in the semi finals matchup, I was literally crushed by emotions and anger. I just beat Mamba in convincigly fashion just to **** the bed the 3rd time this year against tugs. Literally, it was the same damn scenario. Missing random games, players underperforming and getting terrible totals.

I can live with losing when I'm good, but getting an amount of stats one week, and literally half of that the next one is head scratching to me...and it was the 3rd time happening in a season against the same guy. Higher powers must be on the line.

Then the weekend happened and it changed everything..

As Optms said, I have four top 15 guys and six top 20 guys statistically. But I won this exclusively on the back of Kyle Anderson.
What a **** stud. Stepped up like a mofo during the playoffs, my MVP for sure.
Shutout to Clint Capela as well in the semi final matchup, he's the one who lead the comeback against tugs.

Team is not peaking yet. Yes, I have a ton of old farts, but I still think I can have a better season than this. A lot of missed games happened this year, but with the NBA CBA rule that you have to play minimum 65 games to qualify for the NBA awards, let's hope that incentives the players to play more games.

All my top dogs are striving for All NBA teams, but none played the 65 games limit this year. Hopefully that changes next year.
Oh and congratulations, mfker
tugs
RealGM

Post#1045 » by tugs » Mon Apr 3, 2023 7:37 am

Hey KJG and TyCobb, sending PM. Wanna do a transaction but I can't for some reason
ROballer
General Manager

Post#1046 » by ROballer » Mon Apr 3, 2023 7:53 am

It works on the app.

tugs
RealGM

Post#1047 » by tugs » Mon Apr 3, 2023 8:52 am

Whyyyyy I was using the app
coach-bdj
Junior
And1: 108

Post#1048 » by coach-bdj » Mon Apr 3, 2023 12:04 pm

Congrats RO! All it took was years of studying player stats, stock-piling young picks developing into top NBA players, and draft picks, only to trade them all away for quality mature players to make it to the top. The classic "Do whatever you have to do to WIN" mentality.... enjoy the off season.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#1049 » by ROballer » Mon Apr 3, 2023 12:46 pm

Alrighty, I gave it a try.

Final draft order:

1. TylersLakers
2. insfo
3. TyCobb
4. coach-bdj
5. Optms
6. Earl
7. Doctaj
8. insfo (via Mamba Mentality)
9. tugs
10. Doctaj (via KJG)
11. TylersLakers (via moonpie)
12. KJG (via ROballer)

13. TylersLakers (via ROballer)
14. insfo (via moonpie)
15. insfo (via KJG)
16. Doctaj (via tugs)
17. insfo (via Mamba Mentality)
18. insfo (via Doctaj)
19. Earl
20. Optms
21. insfo (via coach-bdj)
22. TyCobb
23. Doctaj (via insfo)
24. TylersLakers

If I'm missing anything, please correct the errors.

TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,836

Post#1050 » by TyCobb » Mon Apr 3, 2023 3:58 pm

Congrats RO! Those trades were incredible.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#1051 » by ROballer » Mon Apr 3, 2023 5:06 pm

Thank you Tyson, it means a lot coming from you. :P

You keeping #3?

TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,836

Post#1052 » by TyCobb » Mon Apr 3, 2023 5:31 pm

So far yes I think there are 3 top prospects in this one.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
tugs
RealGM

Post#1053 » by tugs » Mon Apr 3, 2023 9:55 pm

Ok everybody gets to do deals in the app and I still can't wtf

Sent you a PM Ty
tugs
RealGM

Post#1054 » by tugs » Mon Apr 3, 2023 9:55 pm

ROballer wrote:Alrighty, I gave it a try.

Final draft order:

1. TylersLakers
2. insfo
3. TyCobb
4. coach-bdj
5. Optms
6. Earl
7. Doctaj
9. tugs
10. Doctaj (via KJG)
12. KJG (via ROballer)

14. insfo (via moonpie)
15. insfo (via KJG)
16. Doctaj (via tugs)
18. insfo (via Doctaj)
19. Earl
20. Optms
22. TyCobb
23. Doctaj (via insfo)
24. TylersLakers

I remember having two picks
tugs
RealGM

Post#1055 » by tugs » Tue Apr 4, 2023 2:13 am

Thanks TyCobb!
tugs
RealGM

Post#1056 » by tugs » Tue Apr 4, 2023 2:15 am

And I gotta say, with all due respect to all champions from the past years, RO's had to be the most fulfilling. Drew up his plans from Day 1 and everything paid off up to the last. Well deserved, brother
DoctaJ
Sixth Man
And1: 402

Post#1057 » by DoctaJ » Tue Apr 4, 2023 2:16 am

tugs wrote:
ROballer wrote:Alrighty, I gave it a try.

Final draft order:

1. TylersLakers
2. insfo
3. TyCobb
4. coach-bdj
5. Optms
6. Earl
7. Doctaj
9. tugs
10. Doctaj (via KJG)
12. KJG (via ROballer)

14. insfo (via moonpie)
15. insfo (via KJG)
16. Doctaj (via tugs)
18. insfo (via Doctaj)
19. Earl
20. Optms
22. TyCobb
23. Tugs (via insfo)
24. TylersLakers

I remember having two picks

Yup, #23 should belong to Tugs, not me. See quoted.
tugs
RealGM

Post#1058 » by tugs » Tue Apr 4, 2023 2:21 am

Thank, Doc!

Lol I thought I had the higher insfo pick
ROballer
General Manager

Post#1059 » by ROballer » Tue Apr 4, 2023 6:36 am

tugs wrote:And I gotta say, with all due respect to all champions from the past years, RO's had to be the most fulfilling. Drew up his plans from Day 1 and everything paid off up to the last. Well deserved, brother

Blame KJG for this. One comment changed it all. :lol: :lol:

tugs
RealGM

Post#1060 » by tugs » Tue Apr 4, 2023 7:03 am

Lol what was it again

Return to Los Angeles Lakers