ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Deadline approaching - update Dennis return?

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 479

Re: Trade Deadline approaching - who is expendable? 

Post#181 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu Jan 4, 2024 2:20 am

loveshaq007 wrote:instead of brogdon... i'd have trade for buddy. they just want FRP

DLO, Gabe, a FRP.... for TJ and buddy (we get a great shooter and smart defensive PG)

I'm good with this trade.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,562

Post#182 » by stan francisco » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:01 am

Guard targets: Dejounte Murray, Royce O’Neal, Dorian Finney-Smith, Alex Caruso, Tyus Jones

Big targets: Gafford, Claxton, Drummond (unlikely since Vucevic got injured), Olynyk

Brooklyn might want to shed some salary and rebuild, have too many 3&D guards. Bulls could use an added center. Wizards need defensive players. Dejounte Murray is tired of losing.

Trade chips: D Lo, Reddish, Hodge, Fudge, Hayes, picks, and the possibilities of players and picks from a third team.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#183 » by MAMBAEMD » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:32 am

We’re 2-8 in our last 10 games.
They’ll either have to make a trade or fire Ham. Or both.
I can’t imagine letting this slide go on without some action.
Formerly lakerRD
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#184 » by stan francisco » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:36 am

MAMBAEMD wrote:We’re 2-8 in our last 10 games.

Just posted the same in the game thread.

I’d be happy with Phil Handy, anyone. Who else is available?
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#185 » by MAMBAEMD » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:55 am

Budenholzer is available .
Not the greatest choice but better than Ham.

Handy is a great guy and assistant coach but not head coaching material imo .

He’d have the same learning curve as Ham, but a shake up is needed .
Formerly lakerRD
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 322

Post#186 » by TimeisIllmatic » Thu Jan 4, 2024 6:49 am

I think everyone outside of Bron, AD, Reaves, Vincent (since he hasn't been healthy) and Vando (Klutch) are expendable on this team.

Christian Wood has been disappointing but not necessarily a surprised disappointment. There was a good reason why he wasn't picked up by anyone until the Lakers got him.

Taurean Prince.... I don't know if the guy is in a shooting slump or going through something in his life but damn he's been a let down right now.

With that being said, I think this may be a pretty quiet trade deadline for the Lakers outside of maybe dumping Hayes and/or Prince for salary filler and some 2nd's.
zuju
Senior
And1: 126

Post#187 » by zuju » Thu Jan 4, 2024 7:00 am

The most imminent action should be to fire Ham. No idea on the rotation, no effective offensive scheme, lack of in game adjustment, lack of the ability to call time out at the right time, lack of game to game adjustments in playoffs, unable to maximize the potential / utilize player's skill/ability

The second one to go would be Dlo. Inconsistent performance, lack of physicality to play tough, invisible in big games and poor defense.

Keepers AD, LBJ, Reaves, RUI, Vando and the 2 rookies. Keep Christie if possible. Other than that, everyone is expendable.

Targets,
Guards: Gary Trent Jr., Delon Wright, Caruso, Murray, Schroder, Terry Rozier, Spencer Dinwiddie, Torrey Craig, Donovan Mitchell (Dream), Malcolm Brogdon, Corey Krisper
Forwards: Miles Bridges, PJ Washington, Chris Boucher, Otto Porter Jr., Pascal Siakam, Jalen McDaniels, Dorian Finney-Smith, Royce O'Neale, DeMar DeRozan, Jalen Smith, Johnathan Issac, Kyle Kuzma, Jerami Grant, Lauri Markkanen, Andrew Wiggins, Harrison Barnes, Larry Nance Jr.
Center: Nick Richards, Mitchell Robinson(My Hope), Daniel Gafford, Walker Kessler, Kelly Olynyk, Mcgee, Moses Brown

A lot are pipe dream or simply unattainable, just an idea who I think could help.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#188 » by stan francisco » Thu Jan 4, 2024 7:15 am

MAMBAEMD wrote:Budenholzer is available .

Just no Van Gundy, please. :D

Two available(?) outliers who would both out coach Ham despite no NBA head coaching experience would be Jerry Stackhouse and Becky Hammon.

Do it Jeannie. Do something. Ham is clueless.
zuju
Senior

Post#189 » by zuju » Thu Jan 4, 2024 8:15 am

stan francisco wrote:

Two available(?) outliers who would both out coach Ham despite no NBA head coaching experience would be Jerry Stackhouse and Becky Hammon.

How about Rondo ?
loveshaq007
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#190 » by loveshaq007 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 12:16 pm

zuju wrote:

The most imminent action should be to fire Ham. No idea on the rotation, no effective offensive scheme, lack of in game adjustment, lack of the ability to call time out at the right time, lack of game to game adjustments in playoffs, unable to maximize the potential / utilize player's skill/ability

The second one to go would be Dlo. Inconsistent performance, lack of physicality to play tough, invisible in big games and poor defense.

Keepers AD, LBJ, Reaves, RUI, Vando and the 2 rookies. Keep Christie if possible. Other than that, everyone is expendable.

Targets,
Guards: Gary Trent Jr., Delon Wright, Caruso, Murray, Schroder, Terry Rozier, Spencer Dinwiddie, Torrey Craig, Donovan Mitchell (Dream), Malcolm Brogdon, Corey Krisper
Forwards: Miles Bridges, PJ Washington, Chris Boucher, Otto Porter Jr., Pascal Siakam, Jalen McDaniels, Dorian Finney-Smith, Royce O'Neale, DeMar DeRozan, Jalen Smith, Johnathan Issac, Kyle Kuzma, Jerami Grant, Lauri Markkanen, Andrew Wiggins, Harrison Barnes, Larry Nance Jr.
Center: Nick Richards, Mitchell Robinson(My Hope), Daniel Gafford, Walker Kessler, Kelly Olynyk, Mcgee, Moses Brown

A lot are pipe dream or simply unattainable, just an idea who I think could help.

a lot of those targets would require AR being traded .... so who are willing to do that for? I'm not totally inclined to trade a player who carved his way into gaining the respect of everyone, especially LeBron and AD. it's not exactly easy playing with to superstars that you know by you have to take a backseat for.

that being said a small example I would ask for is .... Kessler, Clarkson, sensebaugh and Lauri .....for AR, gabe, DLO, Hayes and FRP swap
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,007

Post#191 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:00 pm

Kessler, Clarkson, sensebaugh and Lauri .....for AR, gabe, DLO, Hayes and FRP swap

UTA probably wouldnt do that even if Lauri was removed.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,339

Post#192 » by tamaraw08 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:12 pm

I like Jerami Grant and Simons but Portland would never trade with the Lakers. Pelinka needs to do his jedi mind trick and convince the Nets to take back D’Lo where he had his only Allstar appearance scoring like 23 pts per game and get Mikal Bridges, throw in those available FRPs and fillers.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#193 » by stan francisco » Thu Jan 4, 2024 8:47 pm

zuju wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

How about Rondo ?

I’d love that!
zuju
Senior

Post#194 » by zuju » Fri Jan 5, 2024 5:45 am

loveshaq007 wrote:
zuju wrote:

Targets,

a lot of those targets would require AR being traded .... so who are willing to do that for? I'm not totally inclined to trade a player who carved his way into gaining the respect of everyone, especially LeBron and AD. it's not exactly easy playing with to superstars that you know by you have to take a backseat for.

that being said a small example I would ask for is .... Kessler, Clarkson, sensebaugh and Lauri .....for AR, gabe, DLO, Hayes and FRP swap

Yes a lot og them would require AR and ot RUI. Just a list to let us think about diffetent packages.

I'd add in Tybulle into the list too.

I incline to only trade Dlo and fillers for 1 or 2 players fitting our needs.

As for coach, we should have sacked Ham in the offseason and hire Udoka. Thread already created to discuss the weak link- Ham- back then.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#195 » by DanishLakerFan » Fri Jan 5, 2024 7:19 am

zuju wrote:

Targets,

Agree with most of these, but many are pipe-dreams.

I think we should target: back-court depth, shooting, scoring and a back-up big. And the combination should make some sense.

Maybe a place to start would be:
Kelly Olynyk for Gabe Vincent. Olynyk isn't staying in Utah when they have Lauri, Collins and Kessler, and Gabe is a solid on a good deal, despite his injury, which doesn't matter this season anyway.

Buddy Hield for Rui Hachimura + JHS Rui gives Indy shooting, size and strength for someone who was unhappy is unlikely to stay in Indy.

Olynyk would provide actual spacing up front and can play both the 4 and 5 next to and behind AD. Buddy would be an solid replacement for Gabe and any combination of Buddy, D'Lo and Reaves work in the back-court.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,205

Post#196 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Jan 5, 2024 7:45 am

The only thing about Gabe Vincent, we haven't even seen the dude. So it's hard to make assessment. And it's looking like a strategic mistake letting that kid go to Toronto. We can't shoot and no one plays defense at the 1 or 2
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#197 » by DanishLakerFan » Fri Jan 5, 2024 8:19 am

LAKESHOW wrote:The only thing about Gabe Vincent, we haven't even seen the dude. So it's hard to make assessment. And it's looking like a strategic mistake letting that kid go to Toronto. We can't shoot and no one plays defense at the 1 or 2

I know but he's out for so long that it makes sense to start looking into moving him, because we are approaching a point where it's about actually making the playoffs.

Reaves plays solid defense at the 1 and has size to switch. I know people hate D'Lo, but he's not necessarily as bad a defender as people make him out to be. His size, switchability and commnunication is (half-)decent. But we could use a point of attack defender.
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore
And1: 94

Post#198 » by Anderson Hunt » Fri Jan 5, 2024 7:42 pm

-- Trade Reaves, Hachimura, Russell, Vincent, Schifino, Prince, and Hayes.  

-- Receive LaVine, Caruso, Vucevic, and Torrey Craig.

-- Sign Kevin Porter Jr. to a two-year minimum deal.  Sign Hodge and Castleton to four-year deals. 

LaVine > Reaves
(better scorer and physical tools but costly) 

Vucevic > Hachimura 
(better scorer/rebounder but'll be targeted) 

Caruso > Russell
(tougher, better defender, more trustworthy) 

Craig < Prince
(a casualty of LaVine's big contract) 

Hodge > Vincent
(better defender & shooter, money saved) 

Porter Jr. > Schifino
(better shooter & dynamism but immature) 

Castleton > Hayes
(more skilled/impactful player) 

PG - James --- Porter Jr. -- Pippen Jr (2way)
SG - Hodge --- Caruso ----- Christie 
C --- Vucevic - Wood -------- Castleton 
PF - Davis ----- Vanderbilt - Reddish  
SF - Craig ------ LaVine ------ Lewis
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,836

Post#199 » by TyCobb » Fri Jan 5, 2024 7:49 pm

LOL hell nah
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#200 » by stan francisco » Fri Jan 5, 2024 9:45 pm

Kuminga is under utilized by GSW. They need size.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers